August 27th, 2011

Video: AC361: Telling the story/Living the story

Editor's Note: AC361 takes you behind the scenes to show you how the staff covers the hurricane at CNN and prepares for it at home.

Filed under: AC361°
  1. Rhoda

Do you "ad lib" your commentary? You don't abuse the "give us a sense" phrase like so many, many other CNN broadcasters do. Maybe you can give their script writer "a sense" of how annoying it is to hear that phrase over and over and over again. Is their vocabulary that limited?

August 29, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
  2. David

Admittedly, the news about hurricanes in our country is important. But so are the typhoons in Asia, where several people have already also died in the Philippines in the last 2 days. I had to go to the BBC website for this news. Why are such catastrophes in the rest of the world not covered on the tube or on the websites, or perhaps only passing by on the ticker at the bottom of our screens?

August 28, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  3. Stefan Schermerhorn

Hi, Just spoke with my sister in Margaretville, NY, (central lower NY state in the Catskills) The low-lying areas anywhere near a creek or river is underwater. The A&P in Margaretville is completely underwater. My family is losing everything they own with their business. This is akin to a 500 year flood.

August 28, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  4. Mikey Pike

The coverage of this storm is the story. All of us from the East Coast are laughing at the Media for the ridiculous exaggerations and just condescending perspective of their deception as to the threat. We are not stupid but you, the media, clearly think most people are or are just ignoring how moronic your excessive warnings are and trying to get ratings, make people spend their little money they have and to sell commercial time. The building up of the level of this storm is just stupid and the unnecessary imaginations over what "could" happen are almost criminal in their attempt to scare people. It borders on harassment and is obstructing many people's live's with the shutdowns and scare tactics that is losing money for many people.

August 27, 2011 at 2:14 pm |
  5. Charles

My prayers go out to the families bracing the Hurricane. But why all the hype over a category 1??? I lived in Hawaii and my friends on the eastcoast especially Florida have been through category 1 and 2 all the time. Why all the coverage???

August 27, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
  6. jane hillhouse

CNN get Topsail Island, NC on your radar. I have not heard it mentioned once in all the hurricane hype. Its a beautiful very narrow strip like a sand bar almost with houses, like my friends; right against the beach. The outer banks frequently get mentioned but its seems Topsail is not on anyones' radar. It was badly damaged during the last biggey. Be safe my friends.

August 27, 2011 at 1:51 am |