August 18th, 2011

The RidicuList: Case of the giggles

Editor's note: Anderson Cooper explains why a case of the giggles has added "Last Night's RidicuList" to the RidicuList.

Filed under: The RidicuList
  1. Jacqueline

Love your laugh. It was so infectious. I must have watched it a hundred times now.

August 19, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  2. Stephanie L.

I love this addition to the list. I hope that you will have a download of all your ridiculists ! This one is great. Pee, er, see for yourself!

August 19, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
  3. Fiona Wilson

If I loved Anderson Cooper before, I absolutely ADORE him now!!!

August 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
  4. adriana

a great sense of humor...is not ridiculous, is seeing the human behind 360...Go AC..cute giggles!!

August 19, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  5. Barbara Scott

I have viewed this Ridiculist several times yesterday and today after actually seeing it on Anderson's show. I have had a really bad time lately and I must say this clip makes me laugh over and over again. I think Anderson needs a good laugh every now and then as well after covering stories such as Syria and Somalia. Good for him! He's only human! I loved it!

August 19, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
  6. Linda Marie

Loved AC's giggle. I bet Kathy Griffin will make it her aim to get him giggling next NYE. Can't wait. LOL Thanks for the smile.

August 19, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
  7. Jean

with so much bad new out there, we need more ridiculist !

August 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
  8. Julie

I enjoyed Anderson Cooper's case of the giggles...after all there is plenty of serious stuff going on and laughter is good!

August 19, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
  9. deb

It was glorious to watch him totally lose it!

August 19, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  10. Guy

Anderson Cooper is such a nice combination of smart, funny, hunky, ethical, and sweet.

August 19, 2011 at 1:27 pm |
  11. Bev Gun-Munro

Watching Anderson Cooper laugh like that, not only had me laughing with him, but made my day. As an ex-Television Broadcast journalist myself ~ Anderson Cooper is right up there at the top with the best of them ~ and I thoroughly feel I'm getting the most unbiased, honest accounting of news every time settle in to listen and learn what's happening in our world. Keep being you Anderson, you're terrific!

August 19, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
  12. Elizabeth Schaper

Made me LOL, so at a time when unemployment is high, the market is on a roller coaster, the country is about to go broke, and our Congress, Senate and President all take off and leave us to believe , "What, me worry?" (and we wonder if they care) it's great to get a laugh on the news at night....otherwise we'd all go face down in our tubs. Thanks Anderson-please make us laugh at least once EVERY night!!

August 19, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
  13. Magen

Anderson, I watch you every night. It was so CUTE, to see you giggle! It made me laugh and smile..It was a good way to lighten up the news that evening. It's good to see an intelligent, wise man , not take himself so seriously. It was so great and laughable to see that! You have a great laugh , Mr. Anderson. Keep on being Awesome!!

August 19, 2011 at 12:10 pm |
  14. matthew kitson

Thank you Anderson Cooper.........what a refreshing moment for all. With so much bad news and stress in our country, it really felt great to laugh and cry with you. It was good medicine......

August 19, 2011 at 11:41 am |
  15. Gail

Absolutely loved it. Anderson is the best. Couldn't help laughing right along with him. Made me admire him even more. He is serious when he needs to be serious. Will watch it again if I need to cheer up.

August 19, 2011 at 10:53 am |
  16. Keeley Smith Guidroz

Anderson, it was really good to see you laughing at such a silly story. You're always so serious and it made me laugh out loud too. In this world with so much unspeakable horrors, it was a welcome relief.

August 19, 2011 at 10:43 am |
  17. Alisa Taylor

Anderson, I have always been a fan and now after watching you lose it with laughter I am a bigger fan! I was laughing so hard watching you laugh. You're just too adorable! I asked my husband if I could bring you home. Thank you for a good laugh, I needed it.
    Alisa Taylor

August 19, 2011 at 10:42 am |
  18. Barbara Brady

Anderson: thanks so much for the giggles! Your laughing made me laugh! Much appreciated. B

August 19, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  19. Tracy K

You are so serious, to see you giggle just cracked me up!! Thanks for the "giggles"

August 19, 2011 at 10:01 am |
  20. Jill Fornalik

I didn't even know who Anderson Cooper was before I saw this clip someone posted on FB. I have watched it over and over and it makes me laugh all day. Now I'll tune into Cooper's CNN show frequently. Thanks for the smiles.
    Jill

August 19, 2011 at 9:52 am |
  21. lorie goldstein

Anderson Cooper is great and I love the show.

August 19, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  22. Betty

Amidst all the disturbing news, you managed to make the whole world giggle with you, not one day but two days. Thank you so much for the melt down, we ALL needed it.

August 19, 2011 at 8:22 am |
  23. Jennifer - Michigan

This is sooo funny....I was laughing along, wiping my eyes. I laughed harder when under your breath: "this will be on youtube and you won't think it really happened." Hiliarious and very human.

August 19, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  24. Grey

Best laugh ever.

August 19, 2011 at 7:20 am |
  25. Dennis

Saw the giggling of AC and that was the funniest thing I have ever seen. AC is a riot...

August 19, 2011 at 6:17 am |
  26. Cinda Mays

Anderson,

I watch you all of the time. Your giggle clip was a breath of fresh air. With all of the terrible things going on in the world, it is nice to see that you are human with a sense of humor. Some things are just funny. If we can't laugh about things that are funny, all we have left to do is be serious or sad. I love the way you confronted Assad's UN Representative. You got the opportunity to voice what all of us at home want to. All I could do is sit and cheer, "you let him have it Anderson." It is obvious what is going on in Syria. Keep up the good work!

August 19, 2011 at 2:30 am |
  27. judith boileau

Anderson Cooper, you are priceless! Your ridiculist segment was too funny. I was laughing so hard along with you. And by the way, I loved you laugh!

August 19, 2011 at 2:19 am |
  28. Pat Cochran

The tears are still streaming down my face from my own giggle fit after watching once more the video
    featuring your 21-pun salute to Gerard Depardieu's drunken activities. This was the third or fourth time
    I've watched the video and this time I made my husband come in to watch you giggling like a little girl!
    We giggled as much as you did!
    Pat Cochran

August 19, 2011 at 2:18 am |
  29. Indrani

I laughed after a long time myself after seeing Anderson crack up on CNN!He is so real-

August 19, 2011 at 2:11 am |
  30. Allison

Made my day. I watched it twice and my face hurts from laughing along. Thanks for the giggle!

August 19, 2011 at 2:07 am |
  31. evelyn ayieye

A.C u have the cutest giggle ever.please do that again

August 19, 2011 at 2:07 am |
  32. Kim MacWilliam

Copper your loving chuckle was the most happy I think i have seen all day or year or t.v.. This is what makes you so much better than the pack. OMG why you are not married makes me question life. You give it straight and then can turn around and then be the the most polished anchor on t.v.. God bless you and your spirt. Kim MacWilliam Mobile, AL

August 19, 2011 at 2:03 am |
  33. @CindyBoudreaux

Will never tire of seeing (& hearing) your Ridiculist giggle fit !! How do I save that clip for future reference (aka sad times) before you delete it from your 360 archives 4-ever? Haven't had a good laugh (okay – uncontrollable giggling melt down) myself in way too long & with all of life's usual stress otherwise, I really appreciate your help with that much needed totally happy moment. Perfect timing, as usual, Anderson. Thanks again, Cynthia :>)

August 19, 2011 at 1:36 am |
  34. Jerry G

Hey, Andie: After all the serious reporting you have done: Haiti, Cairo, Somalia, you have a right to get a "case of the giggles. . ." Laugh on, bro, laugh on.

August 19, 2011 at 1:13 am |
  35. Rick B

Adorable giggles, Anderson. And cool that you can make fun of yourself!

August 19, 2011 at 12:52 am |
  36. rosy

That was really funny!!! i was giggling with Anderson Cooper.
    He is a great guy!!

August 19, 2011 at 12:10 am |
  37. Marion

I don't laugh at anything. While watching you laughing about Depardieu, I lost it. It was hysterical. It felt good to have a belly laugh.

August 19, 2011 at 12:07 am |
  38. Paula

The more you laughed, the more I laughed! So contagious and so needed! I shared the clip with a coworker this morning who was pretty down, he started laughing, and it changed his whole day! Thanks Anderson, for making the world a little lighter!

August 18, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
  39. Pam

I wish the world could share the laughter, wouldn't it be wonderful. It is really hard to hate, be depressed, or be sad when you can get a good ole case of the giggles. Does a body good. Thanks Anderson for being so ridiculous

August 18, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
  40. Cindi Paisley

OMG I couldn't stop laughing-that was just toooo funny!!

August 18, 2011 at 11:47 pm |
  41. Dolores

I love listening to you laugh it is the reason I watch the New Years Eve show. I could listen to giggle for ever it makes me start to giggle too and brightens my mood. please dont stop

August 18, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
  42. Allen D Hurst, Bonne Terre, Missouri

Thank You, i suppose laughing is a disease, very contageous, Rock On AC!!!

August 18, 2011 at 11:40 pm |
  43. Cathy

LOVE you Anderson – you are great. We were all laughing right along with you. :o)

August 18, 2011 at 11:27 pm |
  44. mariana feuermann

I loved it, it was contagious.

August 18, 2011 at 11:27 pm |
  45. Karen Jones

This clip of you Andy was very cute..I couldn't stop laughing..Love it!

August 18, 2011 at 11:25 pm |
  46. carolyn king

Thank you for letting me enjoy the laughs and giggles again tonight – along with the other ones that you added tonight.
    I laughed along with you all the way. Keep on being real – it's fun and refreshing.

August 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm |
  47. Mehdi Daghighi

Dear Anderson, i have always enjoyed your show and any other show you take a part in. I was actually not able to see the show last night and i saw it tonight. Thank you for playing it again. I, too laughed so hard with you that tears were rolling down my face. Thank you so much for that. You are always so professional and serious that raises the question of: does Anderson Cooper ever have fun. The clip tonight showed me that you are also a human being and not a robat. I am looking forward to watch your new show on Fox. Again, Anderson, thank you so much for playing the clip to make me laugh with you. I really needed that today. Best wishes, Mehdi Daghighi

August 18, 2011 at 11:16 pm |
  48. Lynn S

This "moment" of his is perfect. It goes to show that he can take what is given.
    Him throwing himself on ridiculist is a perfect example. Thank you Anderson for
    the wonderful smiles and laughter that I have had today.

August 18, 2011 at 11:10 pm |
  49. Rebecca

Anderson made my day 4 times today. Every time I saw the clip of him giggling- I lost it also. There is nothing better than uncontrollable laughter- it is contagious! Thank you very much!!!

August 18, 2011 at 11:09 pm |
  50. Abby

I have to say, for as long as l have been watching AC360, l have always associated Andy with being the most serious journalist out there. Every time l have seen you talk it's always about war, politics or famine.,all around sad stories. It was GREAT to watch you have a giggle fit. It humanized you and yes, made my day ( No Joke). I have watched the giggle video and immediately posted it on my FB to make my friends day coz that made my day over and over today. Love you Anderson Cooper!

August 18, 2011 at 11:09 pm |