AC360 Thursday 8p

There are growing questions about the Bluefin-21 search for Flight 370. What's happens when it completes its sweep? The latest tonight on AC360.
August 17th, 2011

The RidicuList: Gérard Depardieu

Editor's note: French actor Gérard Depardieu is accused of urinating on a plane and lands on the RidicuList. Anderson Cooper reports.

Filed under: The RidicuList
  1. johan

LOL, they say laughter is contagious, and how true that was with this case of Anderson's giggles. Thanks so much for the laugh, I almost had to bid adieu from laughing. :)

August 19, 2011 at 1:16 pm |
  2. Kate

the only thing I can say is- It's great to laugh but not at the other person's expense. Giggly Andy, you sure hit the headlines! Greetings from Lagos any way. at least YOUR involuntary giggles took my mind off BOKO HARAM, and two 'elderly'(?) ex presidents displaying their buffonery by calling each other 'Fools' down here. Seriously, GD deserves some dignity! it could happen to any one.

August 19, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  3. Daniela

Laughed so hard I cried. Anderson giggles "like a little girl" but looks good doing it!!!

August 19, 2011 at 11:44 am |
  4. carla gillespie

Dear Anderson, Listening to you tell a hysterical story and watching you giggle like a school girl was so refreshing and makes you even hotter then I already thought you are. It would be nice if the world we lived in could produce stories like that every night instead of the horrors like the interview you did last night with that liar Bashar Ja'a Fari.....

August 19, 2011 at 9:34 am |
  5. Steve Parks

Anderson, I hope I'm not overarching here, but I have to get this out of my system: your news reporting for these many years has been spectinkular! Seriously, though I hold your honor & integrity in highest regard, I must say you LAUGH LIKE A GIRL.... just like you had this 60+ ex-military guy doing about half-way through and in tears by the end. (was sure you'd get to: "...was just practicing an expose while boning up for a new part..."
    Best Regards

August 19, 2011 at 4:48 am |
  6. Elle

*dabbing the tears from my eyes* lol "wounded squirrel?...farting rainbows?" lol that is rich. I ♥ me some Anderson Cooper =D

August 19, 2011 at 4:13 am |
  7. James Chanter

Thank you for letting me relive the Rediculist from last night. Your giggling caused my wife and I to laugh uncontrollably for a short time. Its nice to know that we can laugh with all that is going on in this world. Once again, thank you. We are true fans of 360!!!

August 19, 2011 at 2:18 am |
  8. Chuck

I'm a little concerned for Anderson Cooper. Perhaps I am wrong, but that uncontrollable giggling seemed more like a reaction to high stress, and the horror that he covers in Somalia and other hot spots around the world. Sometimes it's either laugh or cry. Thanks for being the only one on cable who consistently focuses on the tragedies in Somalia and Syria. Stay healthy and keep up the good work.

August 19, 2011 at 12:02 am |
  9. Sherri Stiefvater

You are my hero, your pee puns made me pee on my self. I laughed so hard I cried good tears, It was worth wetting on my self. Thank you Thank you Thank you- This was better than you and Cathy Griffen on News Years, I LOVE YOU. Sherri Stiefvater

August 18, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
  10. cindy wilson

I love a man who can giggle. This is a great quality...You are too cute. I love you Anderson Cooper.

August 18, 2011 at 11:40 pm |
  11. Greg

Dear Mr. Cooper, I would like to suggest you discontinue the rediculist segment from your show. They are in poor taste and sometimes offensive, not really entertaining or newsworthy. They demean your show. There are much more newsworthy stories that can occupy that time. The one about the French actor was simply disgusting.

August 18, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  12. Richard

Thank you and your staff for the Depardieu RedicuList. I haven't had tears from laughter in many years. In such tumultuous times as these, this was the perfect medicine. Thanks again.

August 18, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  13. Roxanne

You are so human...so RILL (real) ;)....love laughing with you....Love You!

August 18, 2011 at 9:03 pm |
  14. Mike

Anderson, I have always been a huge fan and admirerer of your reporting. I wanted to let you know that I found your laughing during the Dep just awesome. I laughed so hard during it myself. You are normally so stoic, it was great.

August 18, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
  15. Phil & Mary Ellen Ronzheimer

Anderson, we got to laughing with you SO HARD! Just watching YOU giggle and lose control made us laugh. Thanks for sharing all the puns. Ridiculist tonight was hilarious! Don't ever be afraid to laugh on the air!

August 18, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  16. Karine McCall

I was disgusted by your- Anderson Cooper's- undignified reportage of Gerald Depardieu last evening. The European papers simply reported the issue of him losing control of his bladder on the aeroplane but that wasn't sensational enough for you. You had to laugh and giggle away at him! Why did you do that? Depardieu is a wonderful French actor, respected for his brilliance throughout the years. Yes, he may have been drunk but he is getting on in age and accidents can happen. Someday you will be elderly too and how would you like it if the kind of reporting you did on him last night was pointed your way instead. I am disgusted with you. Karine McCall

August 18, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  17. Yvonne Shaw

Love you, Anderson especially your riduclist last night,about the guy (sorry don't remember his name) who peed on the plane, had me laughing just as hard, and every time I see it. Just ;ove your show Thank You

August 18, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  18. John

Perhaps Mr. Cooper should make the Ridiculist for his own incontinent(al) giggling.

August 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
  19. Jeanne Dybus

Anderson, you should have said "Gerard Depardieu-dieu"

August 18, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
  20. lisa

i was in my car today listening to 92.5 radio & they played anderson laughing about depardieu. it made my day , my little girl was asking me why i was laughing so much. i love to hear his laugh. i have a brother who was told two years ago he has aids, his life was forever changed as well as my familys. iam a broken soul now , but anderson made my day. bless you anderson cooper & who ever you choose to be with . may you have great health & happiness forever.

August 18, 2011 at 7:42 pm |
  21. Brenda

After hearing such tumultuous news about politicians, missing woman in Aruba, children being beaten as a form of punishment, hearing you laugh and laugh and laugh made me laugh and laugh and laugh so much so the endorphines were screaming. Thanks Anderson for making my evening a little happier.

August 18, 2011 at 6:57 pm |
  22. anita

Just love your show Anderson especially the Ridiculist segments. The one last night about Gerard Depardi was hilarous. You have a cute laugh and when you could not stop yourself last night had me on the floor laughing just as hard as you were. I kept rewinding that part of the show because it was so funny. Keep up the good work and please do not get rid of The Ridiculist.

August 18, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  23. T. Craft

So does this make him in the running for a "Peebody" Award? Great report Anderson! Laughed until I peed my pants! Great puns! Oui! Oui!

August 18, 2011 at 5:29 pm |
  24. Jay Kacena

What a sad display by Anderson Cooper on the Depardieu "story". It was cheap, tasteless, juvenile, and sick, A sorry chapter in the CNN scrapbook – not funny that's for sure. Pathetic even. Imagine Walter Cronckite doing such a thing!?

August 18, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
  25. Terri Hines

I'm relieved that my number one favorite journalist avoided reference to Gerard Depardieu's (French acting whiz) obvious performance of "snakes on a plane". Occasionally accurate reporting is wet work.

August 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
  26. Eric

Loved the story. But you missed the most obvious explanation for his pissy demeanor...he's Euro-peein'.

August 18, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  27. gladimir hidalgo

It was great, how come news reporters, pot heads, and five year old girls have the same laugh! John Stewart has a similar high pitched giggle btw, cant wait to see this on the daily show. Just great

August 18, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
  28. Cassie

and THIS is why I LOVE Anderson Cooper!

August 18, 2011 at 4:07 pm |
  29. Germaine

I laughed until I pulled a Depardieu.

August 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm |
  30. Misa

I saw this clip last night and I couldn't stop laughing when AC loses it. It was adorable to see him giggle nonstop and trying to control himself.

August 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm |
  31. connie g

It was great to see Anderson display a lack of control. I laughed along with him. I've been a fan of his reporting for some time.

August 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm |
  32. carla medina

Why didnt he just urinate into an empty plastic bottle. The truckers do it all the time

August 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm |
  33. Brittany

This is very "punny" :)

August 18, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
  34. Sean

Anderson Cooper is so cute when he is laughing

August 18, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
  35. Dr. Wallace Stonehouse

It may be that your story is not quite as it seems. Men of a certain age (60+) are often confronted with urinary dsyfunctions. One common condition not talked about in general conversation is an attack of immediate need to urinate. The cause of this problem may be assumed by the conflicted to be prostate enlargement or prostate cancer but often times is caused by uncontrolled diabetes. The diabetes may not yet be diagnosed and this compulsive immediate need to urinate may be one of the first signs that sends a patient to his doctor for help. You may often wonder along the expressways of the nation why there is men of a certain age urinating besides their cars. I always asummed they were just bad planners but infact this condition is more common than you would think and a locked plane bathroom leaves a man with this problem little choice sober or drunk. On your network millions of dollars are spent advertising diapers for older ladies. They advertise because there is big bussiness.
    For a young man like yourself what appears to be funny is most problably very embarrassing for your gentleman in question. Just as a guess with his age and body type he is likely diabetic. It is hard to grow old with grace!!

August 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  36. Tina G.

I enjoyed a good laugh on this one, not because of the story but because of Anderson's giggles. It would have been even funnier if he had tinkled for restraining himself and not allowing himself to laugh out loud with the rest of us.

August 18, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
  37. Colleen Kronman

Anderson-my dear-that was the funniest ridicuList I have seen...thank you. I have had nothing much to laugh about recently, but that was wonderful...Congrats-You made it to YouTube!!

August 18, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
  38. Harry

Ce la pee! Anderson you brought puns to a whole new level.

August 18, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
  39. Rachel

I heart you Anderson!

August 18, 2011 at 1:07 pm |
  40. Brenda Lubrano

I love you Anderson!

August 18, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
  41. Linda

Anderson Cooper just so cute lolll got me gigglin

August 18, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
  42. Mikey

This story was pretty funny, but Anderson laughing like this...yikes. Had me rolling.

August 18, 2011 at 11:55 am |
  43. Dawn

your giggle and laughter just made my day...perfect..more than just a couple of seconds of giggles

August 18, 2011 at 11:15 am |
  44. Ruzica Krajcic

This is the first time I see Anderson Cooper gigling like a little girl while trying to talk about Gerard Depardieu's peeing incident. Loved your pee pun jokes Anderson. Very clever!

August 18, 2011 at 10:46 am |
  45. Ashley

Haha love the video from 2:35 on, you rock Anderson!!

August 18, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  46. Leigh Hannigan

Anderson you were hysterical last night. You had me laughing so hard I was crying. Thanks I needed that!!!

August 18, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  47. Jackie

Ok, Anderson's laugh/giggle needs to be on the next RidicuList.

August 18, 2011 at 10:16 am |
  48. Renee

"Ur in" for some ribbing over this one Anderson.....bet your colleagues won't let you forget it and are still laughing. I loved the uninterrupted flow of puns. A good chuckle for the start to my day :)

August 18, 2011 at 10:12 am |
  49. Loretta Schiavo Smith

Thank you for yesterday's pun laden commentary on the Ridiculist. Not only did I enjoy the light-hearted, ongoing spoof but also Anderson Cooper's laughter. Great program!

August 18, 2011 at 9:38 am |
  50. Jennifer - Michigan

That was funny!! Giggle attack.

August 18, 2011 at 9:19 am |