August 17th, 2011

The RidicuList: Gérard Depardieu

Editor's note: French actor Gérard Depardieu is accused of urinating on a plane and lands on the RidicuList. Anderson Cooper reports.

Filed under: The RidicuList
  1. Donna

have watched Anderson for years, and this is the first time I have seen him get really silly...IT WAS GREAT. loved it,

August 18, 2011 at 9:19 am |
  2. tonya newton

Shouldn't he be arrested for lewd behavior?

August 18, 2011 at 9:03 am |
  3. Caroline (Québec City)

Glad you leaked this story about Gérard Depardieu. Goes to show that urine good hands when you fly with this particular copany. Hope Gérard's career will not peter out with this coverage.

Anderson, good to see you giggling, the bladder the puns got! Have a great day.

August 18, 2011 at 8:51 am |
  4. Sharon Moore

Anderson has such a cute. infectious laugh. The harder he laughed, the harder I laughed. It was hilarious.

August 18, 2011 at 7:13 am |
  5. David

Anderson's laugh is so adorable. More, please. I love me some Anderson.

August 18, 2011 at 6:27 am |
  6. Jesse

This was a fabulous segment. Who actually cares about the incident itself, but AC's reaction was the highlight of my whole month! I really, really neede this laugh from this anchor. I love AC and the show and when you get going, Anderson, it's a thing of beauty. In such a tense world, this is now my go-to giggle fest. Don't ever take it down from this site please. Thank you!

August 18, 2011 at 5:27 am |
  7. Jimmy

It's illegal to urinate on a plane? What is the problem?

August 18, 2011 at 4:53 am |
  8. Belinda Woolworth Vermillion

At first I smile as you were reporting the RidicuList,thinking you got 2 be kidding me..I laugh at what you were reporting and then you went into that moment we have all been in..where the laughing overcomes you and it's hard to return ..without more laughing,,by the time you were done..I went into the no return laughing and had to run to wee=wee,but thank goodness I was landed on ground..I look forward to more light air in the future and a empty bladder before hand!!!!!!

August 18, 2011 at 3:48 am |
  9. Dovie Hall

What the Deal all of everyone who has any thing to do with announcements and journels. All are Idiots. So he piss'd on the Airline what makes your job any different? Not one of you are perfect. Some one needs to tell the Washington Idiots the same as where now your getting offended. Tell them to quit pissing on America our United States no difference.

August 18, 2011 at 3:10 am |
  10. Emiliana Martin

His faux pas was endearing. I laughed so hard I cried. That high-pitched laugh sounded like it's likely reserved for those intimate moments with family, friends. It felt as if we got a glimpse into the REAL Anderson Cooper. It was not only authentic, genuine but charming. Bravo, Anderson. Well done. Great TV.

August 18, 2011 at 2:24 am |
  11. elizabeth

Anderson, I am an avid follower of yours, and tonight you made me laugh until I almost peed my pants myself. When you talked about Gerard departwo(2) I thought I'd wake my husband up laughing!!!! Great going and keep up the great job!

August 18, 2011 at 2:08 am |
  12. Linda Graham

OMG, Anderson, I LOVED your uncontrollable laugh attack tonight! You were HYSTERICAL and had me in tears from laughing so hard along with you!!!! (LOVE your show, I NEVER MISS IT!!!!)

August 18, 2011 at 2:05 am |
  13. Adil Elatillah

Anderson is my man.

August 18, 2011 at 2:04 am |
  14. David Marsico

Best Ridiculist EVER!!!

August 18, 2011 at 2:04 am |
  15. Andre Moore

Anderson....that was the BEST....you cracking up and having the "giggles" almost made me pee MY pants....I laughed so hard I was crying!!! Thanks for making my day!!!

August 18, 2011 at 2:03 am |
  16. Steve

Anderson, I love your show, but tonight you put yourself on the Ridiculist with your piece on Gerard Depardiu.

August 18, 2011 at 1:59 am |
  17. Annie Kate

Puns galore; I don't think Anderson missed any pun, good or bad, in this Ridulist. The best part has to be Anderson's fit of giggling. It was one of those giggle fits that every time you think you can start you just start giggling all over again. And the crew having a good laugh at Anderson laughing made it even funnier. Thanks for the laugh....sure cheered me up!

August 18, 2011 at 1:28 am |
  18. Gail Rapoport

Absolutely hysterical. Thank you so much!!!
    After a long day it was so much fun to laugh with you.
    How about EuroPEEan...

By the way after travelling to Africa, so unbelievably sad, and jet lag, give yourself a break.
    You cheered us all up!

August 18, 2011 at 1:25 am |
  19. Lalaine

Anderson Cooper is hilarious...

August 18, 2011 at 1:18 am |
  20. Lisa D

Normally so professional, especially given the deep, serious stories you often cover, you proved tonight that you're human. I think we all loved seeing you "lose it" so spectacularly as you tried valiantly to read the silly double entendres and deal with whatever we couldn't see behind the camera. Surprised to find out that when you get giddy, you laugh like a little girl! Loved it, though, really.

August 18, 2011 at 12:33 am |
  21. Dan barrage

That was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing because of ur laughing, you aced it tonight.

August 18, 2011 at 12:30 am |
  22. Paulina

Oh my God, I can´t stop watching him laugh!!!!

August 18, 2011 at 12:11 am |
  23. Stefan Richard

Gerard Depardieu is one of France's best actors and an international superstar, I highly doubt he will be remembered more for this incident than for his numerous iconic roles.

August 18, 2011 at 12:04 am |
  24. Penny

OMG Anderson. I've loved watching your serious commentary on the plight of Somalia, the hurricanes, the tornadoes ...but I LOVE you even more watching you giggle like a girl! Thanks for the laugh!

August 18, 2011 at 12:00 am |
  25. Amy

I think you have a RidicuList candidate for tomorrow's show: Anderson's laugh. Was laughing so hard that I was crying along with him! :)

August 17, 2011 at 11:57 pm |
  26. Ferencz

Having a good time Anderson? :) That's what I call a good laugh...tears and everything. Maybe that's what happened to Gerard too....someone made him laugh so hard he could not hold it back anymore.

Love the show... keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Ferencz

August 17, 2011 at 11:50 pm |
  27. David Eric Perez

Anderson, my wife and I love 360. We look forward to each week night that we are able to catch it, and DVR the program when we miss it. Keeping folks honest is what you do best and the show is a breath of fresh air. We especially like the RiDicULiST and tonight's list was over the top funny. We can see why you couldn't hold in your laughter which made tonight's list that much more funny. Thank you Anderson for your reporting and for the show.

Eric and Heather

August 17, 2011 at 11:48 pm |
  28. Sabe

you made my day with your ridiculist today. so great to see you laugh so freely and wipe the tear of joy. keep up the humor, we need more laughing, you're the best!

August 17, 2011 at 11:46 pm |
  29. Pamela Cooper (no relation)

Pretty funny seeing Anderson Cooper crack up laughing while presenting tonighr's Ridiculist on Gerard Depardieu. Almost wet my pants laughing at him giggling at himself.

August 17, 2011 at 11:37 pm |
  30. Michael

This is EPIC!! Not so much the story, but Anderson's insanely funny laughter on-air!

August 17, 2011 at 11:37 pm |
  31. Messa

Anderson Cooper totally giggles like a little girl. ROTFL !!

August 17, 2011 at 11:30 pm |
  32. Linda Villeneuve

Anderson, thanks for the laugh! It was great fun watching you lose it tonight on the air! After watching your show, I had to go watch it again online! Awesome!

August 17, 2011 at 11:29 pm |
  33. PetraLuebke

Anderson, you were just to "FUNNY". You are always such a class act. I never miss your show.

August 17, 2011 at 11:28 pm |
  34. Ellen

So, how ironic would it have been if Cooper had wet his pants laughing? He sure looked like he was on the way!

Even a pro can get the giggles!

August 17, 2011 at 11:22 pm |
  35. debbie king

anderson you are so cute love your laugh caused me to do somersaults imagine a celebrity doin the naughty.

August 17, 2011 at 11:15 pm |
  36. Karen Barbee

I don't know which is funnier, the actual fact that Gerard did a pee pee or watching Anderson trying to read all of the double entendre's and puns and then he gets the giggles. Funniest "RidicuList" I've seen so far. Sorry I haven't been a fan before now. Thanks for keeping it real and with that we can "depend" on, right?

August 17, 2011 at 11:14 pm |
  37. Chris Anderson

Ridiculist was hilarious tonight, not so much because of the subject but your delivery of it! Laughter (and giggling/corpsing) truly IS contagious... Still giggling here... Thanks for the fun!

August 17, 2011 at 11:12 pm |
  38. jb

Thank you for the laughter tonight. It's contagious and reminds me of all the times I lost it while doing a presentation in high school or junior high. It's such a good contagious laugh!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:11 pm |
  39. Dean Waters

Just saw the Rediculist about Gerard Depardieu peeing on the plane. Couldn't care less about Gerard, but Anderson Cooper cracking up laughing on camera was AWESOME! Way to go! LOVE those candid unscripted moments especially during 'serious' news broadcasts. The pun laden script writing was also very well written. High praise indeed and WELL DONE. European? No, HE's a-peein!

August 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm |
  40. Jack, Long Island

That was too funny, not "Gerard DaPeeD
    ude", you. Next time you are out on eastern long island call me and let's have a drink. Your laugh is infectious and I could use a few of those. Great stuff, thanks for not wiping it out. Ummm, only one "p" in that word.
    no need to post this,thanks

August 17, 2011 at 11:08 pm |
  41. Sharon Wright

For days I have found nothing that could make me smile. When I watched Anderson laugh while reporting on his "The RidicuList: Gerard Depardieu, I laughed until I cried. Oh my gosh, it felt good. How hilarious ... not the story, but how funny Anderson was. What a joy.

August 17, 2011 at 11:07 pm |
  42. Paul Firth

I feel your story is quite incorrect and was just aimed at a very funny segment of your show. Nowhere was there mention that having been told to wait for 15 minutes before the toilets would be opened after takeoff the flight was then further delayed for 20 mins. Remember Gerard is an elderly man and having requested to go to the toilet and being denied that opportunity by the air hostess, tried to use a bottle to empty his bladder. He spilled some and offered to clean it the spill up himself, but instead was kicked off the flight. If the flight had been delayed for 20 mins, why was he not allowed to use the toilet? This story is out there because of his celebrity, is there any mention of the unforgiving crew of the City Jet airline not allowing an elderly gent the chance to relief himself.

August 17, 2011 at 11:07 pm |
  43. Deborah

Anderson, you made the 'ridiculist' tonight when you made way too much fuss about the 'out of order' behaviour of Gerard Depardieu. Your response to his antics brought out way too much boy humour about things we would rather not hear too much about. What he did was disgusting, but boys making jokes about it doesn't make it funny. It's still disgusting, and making jokes about it makes it seem funny instead of deplorable. Don't add all the puns next time. Take a stand for common decency, respect for others, and doing the right thing. I don't like your reporting on this story at all....

August 17, 2011 at 11:07 pm |
  44. kim Elsey

I loved seeing the human side of Anderson and seeing him laugh, really laugh. Good for the soul. Thank you Anderson for allowing me me to see this side of you. I am more of a serious person and cannot stop smiling after seeing you laugh

August 17, 2011 at 11:04 pm |
  45. Karla

Absolutely refreshing to see you laughing the best news I have seen in a long time....Thank-you Anderson!

August 17, 2011 at 11:04 pm |
  46. Ellen

Anderson.. I was hysterical just watching YOU laughing
    hysterically. You're a riot!!!!!!!!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:03 pm |
  47. denise ari

I do hope Anderson didn't get into any trouble on this one . . . I'm a faithful CNN fan and I just want to thank for a good laugh.

August 17, 2011 at 11:03 pm |
  48. Saphira

lol, the best part was AC cracking up- it made my day, because I couldn't help laughing, either. Pun-tastic! Very fun clip. :)

August 17, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  49. Patty

He used to be a celebrity He was thought of as a 'sex symbol' in France ( no comment)
    Someone needs to tell him it's over. Obnoxious is sexy no more.
    I hope he is charged & needs to pay all expenses involved to the airline, plus a huge fine or jail time.

August 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  50. Paula DeMarta Mastroianni

Anderson, YOU almost caused ME to run for the Depends...that was HILARIOUS and oh-so-very-HUMAN!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox, P.

August 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm |