August 16th, 2011

Video: Wissam Tarif on Syria

Editor's note: Wissam Tarif, a human rights activist, talks about the deadly violence in Syria.

Filed under: 360° Radar • 360º Follow
  1. Samer Mohamed Canadian Syrian Activists "C.S.A"

Mr. Anderson i relay thank you for your support from my heart me and my family are very sad about the killing in Syria but
    we are happy that freedom is coming,
    and i wish i can go live on CNN to tell basher Al assad we will die to last one of us but you will take are freedom away
    and if you kill the 23milion in side then for the info there is another 15milion Syrians out side and we will comeback to see you too and chant freedom so i don't know if you want to kill us too and then run an empty country just for you and your thugs and just tell the Assad Regime you do not Scare us Syrian and My name is Samer Mohamed in Canada from Jiser Elshaghor Come get now because i promiss you Assad to see you ether in in one of 3 ways 1-prison 2- Dead 3-When im back to kill me.

For my people freedom
    Live Syria

August 18, 2011 at 5:51 am |
  2. Reem H.

Thank you Andesrson, please do Not listen to others when they say" we should be involved"، do what you feel it is the right thing to do, thank you for conveying the Syrian voices to the rest of the world.
    Another story that is worth covering is a story of Jamal Fatwa, a young pharmacist whom was arrested on 8/2 /11 for crying a speaker in his car and brought back to his family dead under tourcher on 8/14/11

August 17, 2011 at 9:09 am |
  3. Zahraa Arafat

Bashar al assad is killer and war criminal

Bashar al assad is killing innocent people and children to keep his power.

August 17, 2011 at 2:54 am |
  4. Firas bkar

I don't understand how could follower of Jesus acceept such things to happen to inocint human being and do nothing

August 17, 2011 at 12:51 am |
  5. Mankash

No one understand why the international community is keeping silent in regard to such brutality, The crimes are more horrific than what anyone expect, you can see most of it on syrianrevolution2011.com

August 17, 2011 at 12:38 am |
  6. Jules

Thank you Anderson for profiling the savagery excericised by the Assad regime. The little girl is one of many many horrendous examples of sadistic inhumaniy unleashed on the unarmed population. What is sad even more...seeing the world standing idle...lobbing th empty..hollow..disgusting "condemenations" of the Assad regime. It is as if they are egging on and cheering Assad to hurry up and get it done quickly!! very sad!

I never thought I'd see the "champions" of freedom..whther countries or politicians be so cowardly inept! History will write the American government supported the human unarmed revolution with hollow speeches and wagging fingers!!! CNN on the other hand have done its part of revealing to the world the tragedy and the trap the Syrian people are in.

Thank you again!

August 16, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
  7. Hal Rose

As much as I agree with the above comments, showing the killing of a 2 year old baby was too much! This is especially so during a time slot when children may be wataching. It would have been sufficient to describe the killing w/o the pictures. We know about the brutal nature of the Syrian regime. Showing the picture of a murdered 2 year old did not add to my opinion of Syria's regime. Perhaps the world will now move but I doubt it.

August 16, 2011 at 11:37 pm |
  8. Marlon Hosten

Dear Anderson,
    thank you so so much for showing the brutal images that are coming out of Syria. The sacrifices of this nobel and peacful uprising is being ignored by so many. Thank you for shedding some light on the truth in support of the Syrian people and thier struggle for freedom.

August 16, 2011 at 11:21 pm |
  9. Nazeer A. Khan

Dear Mr. Cooper,

I have watched your show for some time now and I am pleased to have the opportunity to watch. This evening’s broadcast was especially moving and concerning about brutality that is permutated on the Syria people. It is very seldom that a reporter reports such distressing news with care and emotion as you do. You have followed the atrocities that are happening in the World with an eye of mercy which is a wonderful human quality.
    Nazeer A. Khan

August 16, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Agostino Di Pietro

I don't understand why the world doesn't step in and do something about this. How is this different than libya?? Why is it ok for us to enter libya in order to protect people from a ruthless leader and not to enter Syria?

August 16, 2011 at 10:42 pm |