AC360 Thursday 8p

There are growing questions about the Bluefin-21 search for Flight 370. What's happens when it completes its sweep? The latest tonight on AC360.
August 15th, 2011

KTH: Michele Bachmann

Editor's note: Rep. Michele Bachmann seems to be running from her own past statements about sexual orientation and civil rights.

Filed under: Keeping Them Honest
  1. k eriksen

Honestly, Anderson. come on...Let's talk about something that would help our country, The State or Federal Government should not mandate that our young girls be forced by law to have the hpv vaccine. Interestingly, it's girls that have to have the vaccine and not males. This is last nights, this mornings. and the mid day news. Come on......

September 13, 2011 at 8:11 pm |
  2. Clayton Clemmons

Rep Bachman has said that she went to work for the IRS to better get to know her enemies,or because her husband to her to; if so then she may be in some trouble.

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. 5 U.S.C. 3331

August 22, 2011 at 7:09 pm |
  3. Bob

Maybe she thinks only a man can be president and a woman has to have a presidency? Maybe we can tell her she would have to be a Presidentcess! I'm sure she will follow the instructions and say that too!

August 17, 2011 at 12:08 am |
  4. Hugh Ragan

Anita Bryant now has sister..she now does not "judge" I say she is guilty of stupidity ..Maybe it was that hot dog she ate in Iowa

August 16, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  5. mary holiman

i love pres obama although he cannot do anything positive for the country. let's all rot as it is, let's re-elect him another 4 years and be on the worlds rot lis. . he is the do nothing president horray. .
    mary.

August 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm |
  6. Leefleaa

Michelle Bachmann's dodging the question put to her by David Gregory is a perfect example of how politicians do one thing and say another.
    Certainly, the voters and the media want/need to hear what she has to say but when she or any politician goes into 'robot' mode, they should be gotten out of that mode lest it keeps people from hearing her real thoughts. I think I know her real thoughts: she thinks gay people are poor, sick, suffering souls who need redemption.
    Well, here is a gay man who needs none of those things.

August 16, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  7. Mike

As a Canadian I typically watch your election system and the respective media coverage in part because inevitably I will be impacted by it and in part because it is great entertainment..............it seems to go on forever. I do realize that there are decidedly different slants between the various media outlets and traditionally have viewed CNN as delivering the more balanced approach without specific agenda. Anderson Cooper..........you specifically certainly have historically gained credibility with this seemingly unbiased, objective reporting.

This latest editorial, railing against Michele Bachmann appears to be highly opinionated and agenda driven however. Your use of the American Psychiatric Institute to support your position on gays is over the top. Unless you explained to your public audience †he controversy that this entity has quietly created over the years, I believe you have stepped in serious doo doo here. I think it important to point out that the Institute also does not classify as a disorder; pedophiles, voyeurism, exhibitionists, or any number of conditions that the mainstream would consider a disorder. They simply group the act of being gay into this category with all the rest of what mainstream might consider "offside" sexual behaviors. Their treatment objective is to simply make them feel better about the way they are rather than to classify for corrective behavior change. In all fairness, I would like to here your views on all those conditions/behaviors that the general public has varying negative views on. Using the Institute to back your position on gays or gay related behavior was gratuitous and irresponsible. It may actually achieve the opposite effect of what you may have intended. I know for me personally it left somewhat of a sour taste of disgust with me and I will probably view your future broadcasts with a biased leftist slant.

August 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm |