August 12th, 2011

Perry's Texas Miracle?: Join the Live Chat

Texas governor Rick Perry is expected to announce his bid for the White House tomorrow. His supporters call his economic policies the Texas miracle, but they fail to mention the billions of dollars in federal money used to support it. We're Keeping Them Honest. Plus, in Crime and Punishment, the audio tapes used to convict polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs of sexual assault of a child. They brought many of the jurors to tears. We'll play some of it for you tonight and talk with two former member of Jeffs' sect.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Grant

Good night everyone..

August 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
  2. Lori - CA

Good night everyone! Good night Anderson. Sweet dreams.

August 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm |
  3. Mary

funny pictures

August 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  4. Cathy

Good evening, all.

August 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  5. Cathy

The Larry King comparison is priceless.

August 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  6. Sharon Hastings

Good night everyone. Have a good, safe weekend. I can use a time out from politics. Meoww Anderson, you are much to handsome to look like that cat. Who is that cat?

August 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  7. Lori - CA

This is a funny Riduculist

August 12, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  8. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Have a wonderful weekend!

August 12, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  9. "Starr, formerly know as vincent

Thank you Anderson et al for keeping the Somalia famine story alive! People Need to be reminded that it is my no means Over.
    Thank you & good night – great show.

Good night fellow writers-great conversations

This is one of the best Rediculists! I can't help it, the resemblence is there! Wow, i wonder how many other cats look like people. I know some dogs resemble their owners, but Cats?! All i can say is LOL on the floor again-thanks Anderson.

August 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  10. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, everyone and my friends!!!
    See you on Monday night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!! Have a great weekend! Thanks for coming in to join us tonight! That's so silly I like ridiculist clone cat and Anderson , LOL!!!! So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!! I agree with you, And you are way so funny man I love his face expression!!!! 🙂

Anderson,
    Have a great/good night and sleep at home. Great weekend! See you on Monday night!!! Just a plenty sleep and rest at home!

August 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  11. Paula, Colorado

Looks like a cute–but strange–Ridiculist, Anderson.

August 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  12. Janis

The cat's ears are cuter than yours, Anderson. Very close match, though. Very cute – both of you.

August 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  13. lisal -canada

doppleganger – love that phrase – y'all both have really cute ears!! but i bet the cat doesn't shave...

August 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
  14. Lori - CA

I thought Isha would say that the driver came back to return the pump.....! Oh my. Did a man or a woman do that?

August 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
  15. Janis

Something needs to be worked out politically for this region or starvation and want will be a way of life for them. I wish the more affluent middle-east would do something more.

August 12, 2011 at 8:53 pm |
  16. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I hope not Rebels are not suppose block all food and water to bring to Somalia!!!!!!! Yikes!

August 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
    • Grant

Well I for one would be happy to deploy there and protect those people. The rebels have a history with the Marines and would probably think twice.

August 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  17. Gretchen

Thanks Janis,I am very proud of Hilary Clinton and her actions,I will check out that site.

August 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  18. Lori - CA

I wanted to say those are terrible circumstances.....just too terrible for words.

August 12, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  19. Sharon Hastings

Don't be silly Anderson, your ears are nowhere near that big. But maybe just around the eyes.

August 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
  20. Paula, Colorado

Sick tapes–and teaching.

August 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
  21. Janis

He was the prophet, the single conduit for the word of God in his church. No one questioned the word of God via Jeffs. Being on the outside looking in – it's ludicrous and unbelievable, but think about being raised on the inside and knowing nothing else. That's what's so scary about these 'prophet-driven" churches that separate themselves from society. Creepy for women and they don't even know it.

August 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
  22. lisal -canada

i wonder if jeffs' conviction will convince any of the followers that what jeffs preaches might not be such a good thing after all. there will still be followers, but cult followings like that are grown over time and need to be disassembled over time. when we hear the phrase "break the cycle" it is often generational

August 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm |
  23. Lori - CA

That is terrible circumstances.

August 12, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
  24. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Bloggers,
    I agree all of you....... Creepy guy I have heard the tape!!!!!! So disgusting to me!!!!!!!!!! I don't like what Warren Jeffs said. 😦

August 12, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
  25. Gretchen

just to hear his creepy voice,it's disgusting,perverted and sick.What really bothers me is what about all those other children,who still live on that compound,they are still in danger and old men are doing exactly what jeffs did,this is all so disturbing .why have this government not shut the whole thing down this is not a church this is a dangerous cult of child abuse and to add insult to injury these people are using our tax dollars collecting welfare and food stamps,just completely disturbing.

August 12, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
    • "Starr, formerly know as vincent

Well Said Gretchen. (sorry is spelled your name wrong in my last post to you).

August 12, 2011 at 8:50 pm |