August 12th, 2011

KTH: Gov. Rick Perry

Editor's note: TX governor with Presidential ambitions and a track record of saying one thing and doing another.

Filed under: Keeping Them Honest • Raw Politics
  1. J.V.Hodgson

After just one week of listening to this guy I cannot believe he is the most popular potential nominee for the Republican candidate to oppose President Obama. On the other hand so be it. He'll be a lot easier to beat than some I can think of.
    Get your walking boots on and Ten gallon hat to protect from the very unusual heat wave( SUN) curently in America that has nothing to do with carbon emissions and Global warming, and go back to Texas.
    Per the all knowing governor Perry global warming don't exist and Bernake is committing treason. I Think you need to debate that with a couple of scientists/Bernanke and show us how you are more knowledgeable/ correct based on factsalternate solutions and data, then I'm happy to vote for you on those issues if you win the debate... Not prepared to debate just spout ideology or personal non specialist opinions, then at least I know I am listening to a self opinionated not necessarily knowledgable person and can decide accordingly based on intelligent balanced debate and not cavalier assertions.
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

August 21, 2011 at 2:45 am |
  2. Glenn, Tokyo Japan

Great Job Anderson,

Not content with simply carrying water for Obama – now you want to build a freaking aqueduct...

August 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm |
  3. Vijay Parekh

Thid is regarding " SUPER 12 "

There should be an absolute transperancy in all their deliberations. All their meetings should be open to media. Something like Rule of Open Meetings.

August 14, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
  4. William Green

I thought that was a low blow on Rick Perry. Yes, Texas took stimulus money, but I think so did every other state. Rick Perry wanted to refuse it, but the legislature said 'Yes'. I also remember something about loosing Federal money for education if the state refused it. The truth is Texas is a business friendly state. That's why we have done so well during this downturn.

August 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm |
  5. John Moser

This will get me added to your "enemies list".

The liberal press and politicians never allows facts to get in the way of a good sound bite. The "Tea Party Downgrade" of the U.S. debt rating is a good example. The press conveniently overlooks the fact that Obama wanted a "clean bill" to raise the debt ceiling with no tax cuts at all. How much further down would S&P have downgraded our debt if he'd gotten his wish?

August 14, 2011 at 9:14 am |
  6. Michael Bird

After your Keeping Them Honest report last night, and listening to Rick Perry refer to a "Failed Stimulus Plan", I believe it only logical that Governor Rick Perry return to the United States the stimulus monies he requested and received from President Obama. Otherwise, he appears quite two-faced. I have emailed the Governor, requesting he return the money.

August 13, 2011 at 2:20 pm |
  7. M Holden

GREAT Report, Anderson!!! THANK YOU for debunking the phoniness, of which I could see thru. He's a Tea Party and Corporation dream, with the minimum wage jobs, poor air quality and healthcare, so the corporations could make more money. He says he is a Christian., but yet had an anti-Catholic minister at his prayer rally. Catholics are Christians. As a Catholic, this scares me, because they use the Christians and Catholic votes to get in, touting pro-life; but at the same time would cut the poor, children, disabled and seniors; which is inconsistent with being pro-life. You have to be pro-life at every stage of life. If someone gets poor quality or no healthcare, this is promoting a slow death (not pro life).

August 13, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  8. Kate

Jobs? A big portion of the jobs in Texas are from the Oil & Gas industry-and Perry did not have anything to do with that-it's just where the minerals are located. Try being a teacher in Texas. I heard the Houston area laid off 500. That's FIVE HUNDRED. Unbelievable. Also, Perry is pure politics-he is about as fake as they come. -Kate, a concerned Texan

August 13, 2011 at 1:25 am |
  9. Corinne

I watch both Fox and CNN Anderson Cooper 360 for my news and information. But lately I fell Anderson is not being completely honest himself. Rick Perry hasn't even jumped into the ring yet and he's already raking him over the coals. I didn't see Anderson doing this to President Obama and his " relationships" i.e. Rev. Wright, Bill Aires etc.. Now I don't have a problem with Anderson if he is a liberal, but say so, don't come out with this "Keeping Them Honest" garbage when it's really just a ploy for a smear. I know Fox does the same thing, but at least I know what party they are affiliated with. I'm referring to the talk shows of course of which I consider Anderson one of. I found the piece on Perry very " snarky". and have decided to move exclusively to Fox. At least if they are a spade, they call themselves such. I feel Anderson if very liberally biased, which is fine, but disclose that to your veiwers. I don't agree with alot of Bush's policies but I find him to be a good man. I think this is also the case with Perry. Let the man get his toes in the water before you start degrading him please. As far as him taking stimulus money, as long as he is talking about cutting the size of government, I tend to be for that. And I'm independent.

August 12, 2011 at 10:45 pm |
  10. Johanne Faucher-Gambling

Rick Perry for President? People have certainly a very short memory. Who picked him up to be his Lieutenant Governor in 1998? Yes George W. Bush. I lived in Texas and would not like to see the history itself with Perry. Would like to know at which level he is reading. A lot of teachers in Texas have to endure his policies resulting in downsizing their ranks in Texas.Remember his refusal to accept Federal money in the heart of the recession, under the pretext that there could be conditions attached to it. Tell that to the schools which have to close in Texas.....Please NOT AGAIN!

August 12, 2011 at 9:02 pm |