Controversial Clinic: Join the Live Chat
July 12th, 2011

Controversial Clinic: Join the Live Chat

GOP presidential hopeful Rep. Michele Bachmann is hitting her stride on the campaign trail, while at the same time dodging serious questions about her husband's christian counseling clinic. The clinic practices reparative therapy, which claims to change sexual orientation. It's a controversial practice. Mr. Bachmann denies using it. We're Keeping Them Honest. Plus, the investigators in the Casey Anthony case speak out and defend their work. Find out what they have to say about the jury's verdict.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Lori - CA

This one really made me laugh :0)

July 12, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Paula, Colorado

Great Ridiculist! I hope you are too busy to do one of those audio recordings of her book, Anderson.

July 12, 2011 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! " May your dreams be kind!"

July 12, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  4. Lori - CA

Good night Anderson. Sweet dreams.

July 12, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  5. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

"Anderson, turn the light out!"

July 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  6. lisal -canada

omg – i can't believe i have something in common with snookie – the blush on the cleavage trick! or is that tmi? nite

July 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Congrats Army man got medal award!!!!!!!! What brave for fans saved man almost fell from seat row!!!!
    Good night Anderson, everyone and my friends!!!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    That's so silly I like ridiculist yourself, LOL! So funny Anderson, Thanks Anderson!!!! Oh Anderson!!!!!! LOL!!!!
    Anderson, You're so funny man I love!!!! 🙂
    Have a great night & good sleep at home after work!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!! Just a plenty sleep at home!

July 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  8. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Good night & thank you Anderson & Team 360.

Good night fellow writers. I wish you safe & peaceful day.

Ridiculist my fav. I couldn't take the "reading" of the book, so feeling "creepy" i'm sign ing off the blog.

July 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  9. Lori - CA

The lighting is perfect......but cartwheels wo underware?

July 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  10. Chris

I think the man who almost inflicted harm on himself trying to catch the baseball should be on the ridiculist list. Given the expression on the face of one of the men trying to catch him, I have to wonder if it was staged. If so, how insensitive given what happened in Texas. If not, how stupid.

July 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  11. Patricia

please, she looks like an octapus gone wrong...lol Anderson love the reading.

July 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  12. Lori - CA

Anderson, the Rediculist is the highlight of the day!

July 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  13. Paula, Colorado

I've noticed the other jurors haven't spoken out.

July 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm |
  14. Starr, formerly know as vincent

I am grateful to Gary for the interview with one of the jurors. I think it gives some clarity as to the situation they found themselves in.
    Gary is right. At No point should we "attack" our jurors or no one will serve.

July 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  15. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I agree with his comment says......... I am so shocked one of juror (she) wanted found not guilty!!!!! Shame on Jennifer Ford!

July 12, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
  16. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

This is why a lot of people like for their cases to go to trail because they know that they have a 50% chance of going free if they are guilty, and if they are innocent and they go to jail, it is oh well!

July 12, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  17. Dennis Fontana

the pope states that gays are disordered, that homosexuality is intrinsically evil. Does he believe that raparative therapy is valid? I don't agree with him...he's adept at his use of defense mechanisms, like reaction formation, projection, denial, intellectualization...

July 12, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  18. Alan, Phoenix AZ

It should not be a surprise that Bachmann's Christian Clinic does reparative therapy because most Christian clinics do. Growing up gay and Mormon I was sent to reparative therapy by the church, and they had a whole list of christian clinics and counselors I could go to. This therapy is not as uncommon as people think; and they all deny doing it because it is hush hush and on a need to know basis.

July 12, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
  19. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That was my favorite creator Schawart, Brady Bunch....... Rip in Peace........He was best!

OMG!!!!!!!! I love "The Shot" cat washed dog's ear and I am laughing so hard, Good one I love poodle dog howls to play piano!!!!! Thanks Anderson and Isha..... I love it! 🙂

July 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm |
  20. Paula, Colorado

Adorable Shot tonight.

July 12, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  21. Kaytee

What is sad is that the Bachmanns are doing this religious intervention with the help of gov't funds! Hypocrites.

July 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
    • Nina

Michele's position affords her insider knowledge to government funding...

July 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
  22. Starr, formerly know as vincent

The shots are hilarious!

I have a cat that grooms one of my dogs too. I thought it was a bit unusual until i saw this clip. now maybe not so much.

July 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  23. lisal -canada

well there are a lot of places that children are welcome – i say it is the owner's decision – one would assume he knows his customer base and made appropriate changes

July 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  24. Nina

Really cute cat and dog interaction... maybe the cat does not like the smell of the dog? lol dog singing with the piano... Cute videos, Anderson. Thanks for the laughs

July 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  25. Lori - CA

Isha, I have never seen the singing dog! I like it.

July 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  26. sue louisville,ky

I have a beautiul 45 year old gay son who has known he was gay since he was 7 years of age. He has the most beautiful heart and I would not change a thing about him. Like Lady Gaga says, "I was born this way." Of course I am sure the Bachmanns do not approve of her either.

July 12, 2011 at 10:34 pm |
    • Nina

Unfortunately there are many bigoted people. I agree with you. The best therapy is just one of acceptance...

July 12, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  27. Jane - WI

I can hear the Democratic campaign ads next year if the Republicans who signed the "no new taxes" pledges cave in. Despite Democrats wanting them to cave in, these Republicans will be given the George HW Bush treatment (read my lips..no new taxes). He lost his re-election bid due to going back on his word.

July 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  28. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

OMG!!!!!!! That's so horrible attack each Emassies!!!!!!!!! My prayers & thoughts with them!

July 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  29. lisal -canada

i am not sure they are going to be able to reach a compromise on some of the specific issues but i suppose it would be wise of them to give it an honest try and see how far they get – i wish them luck

July 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  30. Paula, Colorado

The Republicans seem to want not just smaller government, but no government but them.

July 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
    • Kaytee

They don't want smaller gov't, they just want their type of gov't. Gov't in our bedrooms and doctor's offices is not smaller gov't.

July 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  31. Carey

Obviously, if someone has started a business and it is surviving, especially in this economy, there must be a legitimate need that is being met. If there are people that are being helped then let them be. Her silence is in respect for their clients. All people have an internal problem called 'sin'. It is acted out in various ways in all people. Whether it is lying, stealing, murder, lust, adultery, fornication, homosexuality, combination of all, plus many others. If people have been forgiven for their sin by trusting in Jesus Christ then they will desire to no longer continue in that sin any longer. Mr and Mrs Bachmann are offering them hope. Do not steal that hope from them. Those who love their sin and desire to continue in it are free to do so, no one is forcing anything on anyone.

July 12, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point Carey!!!!!

July 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  32. Howard Kanner

As a demonstration that reparative therapy is pseudo-science try this: Use reparative therapy on a straight person to turn them "out", this is, make them go gay.

July 12, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
  33. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

They are playing with people's lives with the debt ceiling crisis.

July 12, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
  34. Lori - CA

Did you ever think that the Federal government would not be able to cover checks?

July 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nope, Lori........
      I don't think so,...... We don't cover our check as well, One problem are republicans are trying block our checks, They are not budge anything to help us right now.

July 12, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  35. Lori - CA

Hi Anderson. Hi Everyone. Good evening.

July 12, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  36. Linda in Canada

sick, sad point of view MB has. I love a brother, his life partner for over 30 years. His partner is a father and grandfather. They contribute a lot to friends and family and community. More than those who hide behind, church, state and the institution of marriage. Gay is...I am proud of a sister's son who is also Gay and the doors my brother and the true love of his life have opened for Gay men and women by living their lives. MB can live in her bubble. Don't give her so much press....
    Linda in Canada

July 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
  37. Mike

The issue also is that he calls himself "Dr. Bachman" with confusion over his degree from a now closed sham university and a "masters" from an un-accredited school Pat Roberson runs. He is also not licensed by his state...

July 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
    • Nina

lol Thank you for the clarification. Dr. refers to a MD degree not a Ph.D. degree

July 12, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
    • Tina

wow...Mike, that's amazing. Didn't know that!

July 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  38. Nina

Reparative therapy is NOT a viable therapy or "stand alone" therapy. Also it is Not objective allowing the individual to explore their "world" and point of view

July 12, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
  39. lisal -canada

personally i think it is more important to accept people than to change them – it just seems like a wiser way to approach life and all of it's challenges

July 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Hi lisal, what a wonderful point of view.

July 12, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
      • lisal -canada

i have always firmly believed that one of the greatest gifts you can give someone is the freedom to be themselves without locking them into the past – there is something wonderful about experiencing the newness and differences that make people wonderful and unique – allowing someone the freedom to be themselves is such a meaningful yet simple thing to do

July 12, 2011 at 10:40 pm |
    • Jenn

Where's the like, like, LIKE button??? Well said, Lisal.

July 12, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point Lisa!!!!!!

July 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
  40. Nina

Bachmann has a right to her religious beliefs; however, she does not have a right to impose her religious beliefs on others or on this county. What happened to separation between state and church?

July 12, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
    • Kaytee

The religious right (tea party) does not believe in separation of church and state.

July 12, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
    • Dwayne

What world do you live in? For the past centuries, there have been those enforcing and forcing their religious beliefs on others. Have you heard of the Inquisition? Michele is not pressing her religion on anyone. She's seeking to walk the walk, just as much as those who are choosing to walk their walk.

The question the begs asking is which walk is the path that leads to life beyond what we see, feel and touch.

Come on....Humanism is a religion by the way....the biggest venue for it has been the media, entertainment centers and the educational system.

July 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
      • Jan

No one can force you......you have a choice for everything....don't put anything on anyone else.... We have freedom to choose what we want to be, do, how to live, with integrity or not, to choose who to vote for or not, what values we have or to vote for those who share our beliefs, etc....... how to respond, and how we want to finish our life and where to end up...we have the choice......

July 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
  41. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I am so furious at her right now, She lied to me anyway!!!!! I don't know who is Michele anymore.

July 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  42. Nina

Good evening everyone

July 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
  43. Lisa in Louisville

Oh my God! Change sexual orientation? Maybe she could go to a clinic that offers therapy to change her from a conservative Republican to a liberal Democrat – both are ludicrous!!

July 12, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
    • Starr, formerly know as vincent

Hi Lisa, you got a laugh out of me with this comment! congrats & thanks

July 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yeah!!!! That's true!!!!! LOL!!!! I agree, Lisa. 🙂

July 12, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  44. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson........
    I am shocked that Mr. Bachmann denied clinics or medical clinics........ I don't believe that second!!!!!!! I would never vote for Michelle Bachmann anymore!!!!!! They are wasting my time! And I agree with you!

July 12, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
  45. Starr, formerly know as vincent

Evenin , Anderson & Team 360.

Hello blogger friends!

I can't believe Bachman is 1st in Any state!

July 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Me either, Starr!!!!!!!!

July 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm |
  46. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone! Greetings!

July 12, 2011 at 10:01 pm |
  47. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! It's great to see you on.
    Interesting about the counseling clinic–though a strange involvement for a Presidential candidate.

July 12, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
    • Jan

why? She believes in what the Bible says....and they have a choice to go there...no one forces them...maybe they want to change... do you think they would go otherwise? Who's making them...? think about it.... freedom.... their choice....

July 12, 2011 at 10:26 pm |
  48. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Hellooooo everyone and Anderson!!!!

July 12, 2011 at 10:00 pm |