Los Angeles (CNN) - Arnold Schwarzenegger has placed his movie comeback on hold "until further notice" while the former California governor focuses "on personal matters," his lawyer said Thursday.
The announcement comes two days after the revelation that Schwarzenegger fathered a child with his former housekeeper.
"At the request of Arnold Schwarzenegger we asked Creative Artists Agency to inform all his motion picture projects currently under way or being negotiated to stop planning until further notice," entertainment attorney Patrick Knapp said in a written statement.
Schwarzenegger had been scheduled to start production in August on his first movie since leaving the governor's office in January.
"Governor Schwarzenegger is focusing on personal matters and is not willing to commit to any production schedules or timelines," Knapp said. "This includes Cry Macho, the Terminator franchise and other projects under consideration."
Schwarzenegger, who was once one of Hollywood's highest paid actors, appeared on his way to renewing a film career that was interrupted by his political career. The comeback plans will resume "when Governor Schwarzenegger decides," Knapp said.
His son by his former housekeeper is "a wonderful, very respectful, very intelligent young man," according to a neighbor who said she often spoke to him.
"He's very well centered and he's just not your everyday kid," said Marty Steelman, who lives next door to the Bakersfield, California, home that the boy and his mother moved into last summer.FULL STORY
Anderson Cooper goes beyond the headlines to tell stories from many points of view, so you can make up your own mind about the news. Tune in weeknights at 8 and 10 ET on CNN.
Questions or comments? Send an email
Want to know more? Go behind the scenes with