Pakistani Lawmakers Condemn bin Laden Raid: Join the Live Chat
A U.S. official said it is "puzzling" that bin Laden would "suddenly join the bandwagon on the uprisings."
May 13th, 2011

Pakistani Lawmakers Condemn bin Laden Raid: Join the Live Chat

Pakistani lawmakers have passed a resolution that condemns the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound and they're calling for a reassessment of ties with the U.S. We'll have the breaking news out of Islamabad. Plus, see why U.S. officials are calling an unreleased audio recording by bin Laden 'puzzling.'

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night John, Anderson, Megan, Isha, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Lori, BettyAnn, Starr, Heather, Sharon, Karin, Dulcie, Sree, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha, Chi, Karyn, Jana, Merl, Lily, others and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you on Monday night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!! Have a great weekend! Thanks for coming in to join us tonight!

John.
    Have a great/good night and sleep at home. Great weekend! See you on Monday night!!! Just a plenty sleep and rest at home! And Thanks for fill-in Anderson, Great job!!!!!! 🙂

May 13, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  2. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yeah! I love Ashton K..... I like him so much, I am forward watching Men and Half show!

May 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm |
  3. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

That's great to hear Hank Williams to speak about flood to be interview by Anderson Cooper, Good job, Cooper! 🙂

May 13, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I don't know if Ginrich will run for president in 2012..... If he will win or not, I would not vote Republican as well.

May 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  5. Aria

My question is why is Newt Gingrich even running? Doesn't the guy know that everyone will dig into his past? He will be humiliated. All this God is forgiving is fine and dandy, but from comedians to the media he will be and is being trashed. His ideas are also poor as a politician. Why is he REALLY running?

May 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  6. Aria

no personal life of a candidate, but I hate hypocrisy.

May 13, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
    • Kaytee

I agree no personal life, unless you made it your goal to get a pres out of office because of his affair with a staffer while you were having an affair with a staffer!! Now you want to be president?

May 13, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Happy birthday White House Situation Room turns 50!!!!

May 13, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  8. Kaytee

What happened to the party of morals and values? I guess they mean that for everyone else but themselves. "No, gays should not be allowed to get married, but I can walk out on my family and remarry as many times as I like. Or Pres Clinton can't an affair with a staffer, but I can have an affair with my staffer and pay her family off. " Bunch of hypocrites.

May 13, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
  9. Wayne

The USA has sent them billions of dollars for aid, and this is the thanks they get. I guess its time the USA stops funding aid to them and they can resolve theit own problems.

May 13, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
  10. Aria

Problem with U.S. is they don't listen nor lean until either it's too late or 10 years later. Most Afghans knew Bin Laden was in Pakistan. Most Afghans knew Pakistan was keeping the taliban and al-qaida in their country, I even told friends OBL is probably living in the Mansion with Musharaf (when he was President)

May 13, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  11. Donna Wood Tennessee

Another case of the pot calling the kettle black? Sounds like it to me! Or Pakistan is throwing the heat off themselves by heapin it on the US?

May 13, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  12. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Nice see Tony Blair interview by Anderson Cooper.

May 13, 2011 at 10:17 pm |
  13. Aria

Sorry I'm Afghan living in the U.S most of my life and from the beginning 1980s we've been saying do not trust pakistan. I even said it in the Honolulu paper back in 2001

May 13, 2011 at 10:11 pm |
  14. Whit

Let them reap what they sow they allowed the creation of these terrorists.Pakistan is getting what they deserve for allowing Bin Laden to reside on their soil!

May 13, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
    • Wahid

It is intersting that Pakistan Parliment conducted Fateha for Usama (Fateha is the morning ceremony when someone close to you dies). ISI head appologiezed for 2nd May inccidents, why? What is his fault? It was Pak Air Force failure that US planes were not detected. But may be ISI was also guilty that failed to protect the most important State Guest, maybe because of over confident, otherwise they should have changed Usama resident regularly and maybe shifted him to GHQ

May 13, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  15. Tina

I find it hard to beleive that OBL was living within spitting distance of Pakistans military academy and the Pakastani gvmt DID'T know he was there

May 13, 2011 at 10:10 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Tina,
      I agree with you, Pakistan did not know where is he living in........ I think that they cover up, also they were lying to us, That was reason former Pakistan was lying to us and his cover-up his mouth. that was not acceptable what he have done.

May 13, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
  16. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo John Anderson, Megan, Isha, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, Lori, Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha, Chi, Jana, Karyn, Lily, Merl, Marybeth, others and my friend Facebook/Twitter Bloggers!!!!
    Thank God It's Friday Night!!!!
    Couldn't wait forward this weekend!
    Thanks for coming in for join us tonight!

May 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm |
  17. Sharon Hastings

Good evening John King and everyone. We're being "condemned" by Pakistan? So what! If anyone should be condemned it's them. They're just blowing smoke.

May 13, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
    • Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Yes, Sharon,
      They did.... I have heard of that......

May 13, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  18. Pam

Looking forward to their absurd justification; instead, they should be apologizing to the world for either a cover-up or utter incompetence!

May 13, 2011 at 10:03 pm |