AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
April 13th, 2011

The RidicuList: People paying Snooki

Editor's note: Anderson Cooper welcomes a whole new group of people to Club RidicuList.

1. Tonya

Anderson, I love this one! I laughed so hard! You are hilarious! Thank you for pointing out the obvious about Snookie! The RicicuList has been great!

April 13, 2011 at 11:38 pm |
  2. Paul

Mr. Cooper,
    Thanks for the RidicuList on Joe Biden... check out the woman who is sleeping behind him... wow... she is hitting her zzzz pretty hard.

April 13, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
  3. MaryLeone

This is the best segment EVER. Thank u for assuring me I am not nuts for seeing the wrongness in people who should know better. Shame on Rutgers for paying a spoiled NJ under-educated nobody such as Snooki,(that name makes me cringe)more than a Pulitzer Prize- winning author like Toni Morrison. Shame on us for irresponsible programming and feeding into the immorality and whims of rich amoral animals who invade the TV screen. I don't watch that crap, I'd rather watch u make fun of them!

April 13, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
  4. Barbara

It's so good to hear that there are people that realize how imoral and indecent Sooki and the cast are. She I am sorry to say is a piglet...who gives nothing to our children who we try so hard to bring up with a sense of decency.
    Why all the attention..??? It tells us what the kids today have to live with to relate to...there has to be some wonderful good caring youth..I know there are...I have met them and there are many...to bad there is a show with this trash on and it is all trash.

April 13, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
  5. Sylvia Gordinier

Thank you for this great commentary-I was waiting for someone to say all those things and you did it and made me laugh too. Brilliant and a voice of sanity- keep it coming!

April 13, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
  6. Steven Lau

Anderson, Anderson, Anderson...

Oh, how we all love your fascination with Snooki! Your endless escapades into her life and show captivates even the most basic viewer as we divulge into the wild guilt free-party hard-no regrets till 15 years later attitude that we all wish we could experience for a day without living out the consequences. My evening Podcast would not be complete if I did not hear another mind-numbing Hollywood example of our societal idols! May we never forget that juiceheads will get serious shrinkage and bacne, for those words captivate our hearts and souls infinitely better than words from Frost or Twain!

May I offer some humble anonymous advice, Mr. Cooper? It is clear that you enjoy watching Snooki, and that is fine in its own way. However, when you are going to make a humorous and well meaning attempt of coping "The Colbert Report", please try to relax a bit, have some laugh files on audio, and over exaggerate your demeanor. I was delighted to see you try and make a joke out of Snooki, but honestly it became almost painful to watch! Perhaps one of your camera crew could help you make your last 5 minutes even more hysterical with some camera effects or a possible guest cameo!

And finnally, if you plan on making fun of Snooki again (which I highly recommend you continue to do), try not to make it so obvious that you enjoy watching Snooki on Jersey Shore. Or if you can't do that, at least have an autographed picture of Snooki on your desk so we can see that, indeed, this is a joke.

I do indeed love your show Mr. Cooper and I encourage you to continue doing the fine work you have done for the past few years now. Keep the world informed, because very few are nowadays.

Thank you Mr. Cooper and good luck!

April 13, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
  7. Jennifer

I say get it while you can. 10 years from now these people will probably be unemployed. Take the money and save, invest, buy a house, etc. But use it wisely, it wont last.

April 13, 2011 at 10:45 am |
  8. Lori

LOVE IT! Anderson, way to dole out some perspective. Wow. This should make Americans want to bang their heads on the desk too. Thanks!

April 13, 2011 at 10:09 am |
  9. Jennifer - Michigan

Hilarious!!! "Do whatever" – great speech – captivating for sure. Wow, what a living.... you know, she has to eat too I guess.

April 13, 2011 at 9:24 am |
  10. Ken Clift

I wish I could come to understand why such a large segment of our society supports such inane, low-brow "reality entertainment." We've come to a point where the trashier and dumber the more popular. Sad and Sick.

April 13, 2011 at 2:27 am |
  11. Larry

Thank you Anderson Cooper for finally saying what most educated, normal Americans are thinking. Your synopsis on Snooki and the whole Jersey Shore was spot on. Every episode is the same, the message is the kind of low-rent garbage I learned as a child to associate with the Jerry Springer show. At least back then the trash on Springer went back to being trash.
    Apparently now we reward the "trash" by making it possible for them to not only justify their "work", but were paying them more than we pay our teachers. 25,000 to show up and get wasted or arrested? And people complain about teachers working 180 days a year.
    Remember when people who we deemed talented actually had talent? Wake up America, stop buying into these fads and supporting talentless people before its too late.

April 13, 2011 at 2:16 am |
  12. Jorge Ramirez

It makes perfect sense, this is how clowns make a living. They get payed to have people watch them make fools of themselves but here's the real problem, the viewers who believe this is reality television and look up to these people because they make so much money... welcome to clown college.

April 13, 2011 at 2:10 am |
  13. chris

Anderson, this was perfect...exactly the reason I refuse to watch this stupid show...

April 13, 2011 at 2:06 am |