April 11th, 2011

Video: 'Please do not forget me,' says Al-Obeidy

Editor's note: CNN's Anderson Cooper gets an update from Eman al-Obeidy, the Libyan woman who has accused Gadhafi troops of raping her.

Filed under: 360° Radar • 360º Follow
  1. Sarah

I will not forget you.

April 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  2. shiela

I respect Eman so much. She is courageous. I think Col. Gadhafi will continue to kill until he forces the rebels & intn'l community gives in & gives up. He will stay in power or be killed. He doesn't think he'll be killed because we play fair which he doesn't. Time for USA & EU to get tough & remove him. He bombs Mizrata. Time for us to bomb him. He doesn't care about his own people even babies. Let's stop the diplomacy & get rid of him once & for all. This world will be a little safer without Gadhafi. Thanks, Shiela Perla

April 12, 2011 at 6:11 pm |
  3. lydian

Cooper its good to keep this issue in the news for her, but what about the child rapes going on here at home in the U.S. unless news people highlight these rapes of children then procescuters dont go all out to get the criminals or the people responsibile for allowing children to get in situations due to negelect that puts them into preditors hands, such as the baby sitter in greenville Ms whom left a 3 year old alone with her son instead of watching the baby intrusted to her herself, and thus allowed her (the baby-sitter's ) child,her son to rape and give the baby a sexualy transmitted discease which was how athorities found out the child had been hurt.

April 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  4. Elaine Piontek

As for me, forgetting about Eman al-Obeidy is not possible. I think about her every day. I am amazed at this woman's courage. Please do all you can to help her escape and let her know she will not be forgotten. She is in my prayers. She exemplifies CNN Hero's and I would like to nominate her.

April 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
  5. Joseph Haley

Hi Anderson,

Nice reporting re Eman Al-Obeidy.

Without CNN's intervention she would probably have disappeared without a trace.

Wondering if you could make the plausible suggestion to her (timid and post-tramatic stressed as she currently is) to take a leadership role in the new Libyan govt.

Hoping you can, if that's not crossing the line between journalism and changing the world for the better.

JH

April 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm |
  6. karim

i love cnn but Mr Cooper.. the story about the Libyan Ladie is sad and very tragic but i think the more you guys cover it the more u guys are putting her in danger. Its very good that we through CNN know she okay but am afraid she is more in danger with more coverage i think we should focus on getting her freed to her family and then she can speak her story to the world..its a war zone with so many lunatics.. the more she talks her life is in danger... lets push the regime to let her go first...

April 12, 2011 at 1:51 am |
  7. Kaori

I hope Eman's story remains on front page of CNN till she is truly safe.

April 12, 2011 at 12:33 am |