April 11th, 2011

The RidicuList: Presidential scar-gazers

Editor's note: Anderson Cooper explains why the people behind conspiracy theories about a possible presidential scar have earned on a spot on his RidicuList.

1. Jacob

I love it how you rip on jersey shore

April 12, 2011 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Victoria

Some people are just idiots.

April 12, 2011 at 5:29 pm |
  3. Walter

Anderson,

Just watched your video about "The RidicuList: Presidential scar-gazers". I just want to take the time to shed light on Pres. Obama's "scar". As a black man, upon seeing the photo in your video, I immediately recognized what the line in his head was. The line is question is not a scar, but is the evidence of how the President brushes his hair in the morning. Because of his hair type and short cut, like most black men, it doesn't hang flowing like yours. So when we brush our hair, it tends to leave a line where the hair is parted in the in different directions that we brush our hair.

April 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
  4. Chuck

Anderson Cooper would surely label me a "conspiracy theorist" considering I keep up to date on the news that the mainstream media does not focus on, but this is the first place I have ever heard about this scar conspiracy. It seems to me that this is just another pitiful attempt of the mainstream media to discredit the people who actually are talking about important issues.

BIASED.

April 12, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
  5. Saira

Ridiculous is the perfect description of such a conspiracy. I am not the most unbias party (on an account of the fact that I campaigned for Obama), but it seems like our current president has been the victim of a rigorous amount of conspiracy theories. Is he an American? Is he a socialist Muslim? Is he secretly part of the illuminati? It just goes on and on. Maybe our fellow citizenry should remember that as a productive society we must be critical of our governments in the sense that we want to contribute to shaping our public policies, and accountability on capital Hill.

April 12, 2011 at 3:17 pm |
  6. Mary Abare

Well if you think THAT's scarey, look at the guy on the right in one picture .... he looks like he's got a SCORPION on the back of his head!

April 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
  7. Dwight Frost

Anderson quoted having stated "I won't pay more than sixteen dollars for my haircut". I'm curious what Mr. Cooper (Anderson) makes an hour and if he has stopped to figure the pay his barber may be making at several customers an hour and if an employee fifty percent commission? The elitist in some of us is arrogance gone wrong, or is that pride?

April 12, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
  8. Lewis Wheaton

If I may, the line in the back of the head has absolutely nothing to do with a scar. It is likely, simply an unintentional "part" based on how he brushes his hair. As an Black male, I totally understand this and it happens all the time. Our hair is stiff and course, and typically does not move independently (such as in a breeze). When we brush our hair, once we finish, you can typically see where we change direction in brushing. If he brushes the hair on the top of his hair forwards, then brushes the back of his head downwards, this separation ('part') will happen. It is totally normal. If he intentionally brushed his hair across that 'part', it would likely disappear. It might regularly occur in a particular spot simply because he always brushes his hair the same way.

Or, he had surgery on his right parietal cortex to implant a computer chip.

Whichever.

April 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
  9. randi

I hate to break this to the "scar" conspirators, but its a brushed part line. Black men with really short hair, brush their hair from back to front. Because of the hair texture it creates a brushed part line. Most black men with a similar haircut have this "scar"/part line somewhere on their head. I, a black woman, immediately recognized it for what it was. My dad, brothers, male cousins, and uncles, all have the obama-like "scar"/part line. Unless they've all had brain surgery, which I doubt it.

If you don't believe me ask a black male to look at the picture to hear their comments on the scar/ brushed part line conspiracy. Just my 2 cents.

April 12, 2011 at 12:48 pm |
  10. Herman Yure

Great work shedding light on this topic, Anderson. I and many other patriots have been concerned that the nation's presidential fontanels may have been compromised for several years now. Most evidence seems to point toward covert bionic implantation – but who? and why? remain unclear.

A lot of interesting research into the matter has been done over at this Grassroots Forum

April 12, 2011 at 11:26 am |
  11. Anthony Spearman

I am a 32 year old black male. I have been "black" all of my life:). This is not a scar. It is a line created by how black men brush their hair. We tend to brush our hair in different directions and many of us create that same type of line in the back of our head. That is it plain and simple. It is more prominent when our hair grows out. This is really a rediculous speculation. Leave the Presidents hair alone.

April 12, 2011 at 11:14 am |
  12. Phillip

How about this ? The POTUS need to fire the stylist who does his hair. The marks are simply brush or comb markings that often show up when African Americans style the hair. It is getting to the beyond the rediculous point with all of the people who are trying to discredit and embarass the POTUS.

April 12, 2011 at 10:53 am |
  13. Nathan Mitchell

Anderson, It might be incorrect for you to say this on air, but this had me laughing, ask Don "He wont get offended" when we "Black People" comb our hair it tends to stay in the shape we comb it in... Yeah it's not a scar, and I'm sure he didn't purposely comb it to a crescent moon "another theory" he just needs to comb his hair better, lol. I would have thought the President had somebody for that!

April 12, 2011 at 3:08 am |