AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
April 8th, 2011

Will the Federal Government Shutdown?: Join the Live Chat

Members of Congress have just two hours to avoid a partial government shutdown. They are still trying to reach a budget compromise. We'll have the latest developments from Capitol Hill and the White House. Plus, tonight's other headlines.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Have a great weekend everyone! (Good night Jo Ann)

April 8, 2011 at 11:57 pm |
  2. MaryBeth

@Pru, I think so too! AC should copy and email this to all 535 members!

April 8, 2011 at 11:57 pm |
  3. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Have a pleasant weekend!

April 8, 2011 at 11:57 pm |
  4. mark koenig

@Jo Ann: amen for personal responsibility, how many people actually even get out to vote, no one cares until its too late, or almost too late anyway, sad but true

April 8, 2011 at 11:56 pm |
  5. Maria

So, if they close the Soldiers risking their lives will have to fight for free but -Oh wait! The congressmen will STILL be collecting the pay?!

Excuse me but, it should be the OTHER way around! Those soldiers are A LOT more valuable than the men in suits sitting and doing NOTHING while this all happens.

April 8, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
  6. Jo Ann, Ohio

Good night for real this time! Great discussion tonight.

April 8, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
  7. skip

Oh...I can't decide who I am more upset with...The Dems for not pushing a budget through when they had the power, or the Repubes for willing to hold us hostage with this while they pan for the wealthy and religious intolerant.

April 8, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
  8. Janis

Alot of bloggers tonight. Lots of good insight.

Guess they'll leave the lights on in DC for awhile LOL. Hope NATO gets it together very soon.

Good night. Thanks Anderson and AC360 staff.

April 8, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
  9. Jo Ann, Ohio

We are all pointing fingers at one politician or another,but we are the ones who put ALL of them in office so maybe this is our fault.

April 8, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
  10. Brad Hendrickson

I am proud to have served my country for 11 years and our liberty to disagree with even the President.(try that in Lybia)However the latest complication of trying to agree on a budget by turning it into a 'media extravaganza'is an embarrassment for the American people and our elected officials. How are we to command respect in this volitol world when we can't even figure out how to spend our next 'dime'?

April 8, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
  11. deborah mcelroy-wright

I hope that the house didn't cut our servicemen and women's pay in half. If they did I hope the people remember who made these cuts and who where in office on this date and never re-elect them. I don't believe anyone in office should make more than minium wage, after all they are in office to represent all the people.... While they are in voting moods have them vote to cute their wages to one third of what they make now.

April 8, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
  12. Jennifer

What I would like to know is if government shuts down and the troops are not getting paid do the House and Senate not get paid as well?

April 8, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
  13. Sonia M

I am a disaabled veteran and I receive social security disibilty. How would this budget affect my payments? If there is a government shut what can I expect in terms of my funds?

April 8, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
  14. Bill Martin

The potential government shutdownn is NOT averted until the Senate votes (done), the House votes (corralling Congress members now), and the President signs...but it is encouraging....

April 8, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
  15. Anthony

Whatever does happen, i hope that there is not a thank you celebration again like there was in the senate. They completed a task. Horray. Now what? What else can we do to assist America and the people that are in it while the congressmen and women are reaching agreements with each other?

April 8, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
  16. Andrea Gallo

i don't understand what is going on. i am not one for politics but when i see "government" and "shut down" in the same sentence, i want to know what is going to happen? anarchy? chaos? i need a clue!

April 8, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
  17. Tara-GFAFB, ND

I completely agree w/both Dara and Cary. I only wish it were so easy to bring all of our servicemen and women home and put people in those government positions that will actually do the job they were hired for and promised the American people they would do.

April 8, 2011 at 11:52 pm |
  18. Pru

Congress should read this blog. Maybe than they will see how disapproving true americans are on thier abilitys to govern.

April 8, 2011 at 11:51 pm |