February 25th, 2011
  1. Claudia

This man is mad.I don't understsand why so many people have to die before anything is done. I guess I'm to naive to think that with on blink of an eye everything could be solved. One other thing. Why do we still call this man Colnel Gadhafi? I've heard Ban Ki-Moon yesterday refer to him as Colnel...What? I don't think he is worthy of that tittle. I hope people in Libya will be able to win the battle over the "colnel", and live free. I'm so thankful I live in Canada.
    Claudia

February 26, 2011 at 7:44 am |
  2. Carlos

I heard tonight a professor, I think that of Johns Hopkins University, expressing a very weird and uninformed analogy between the civil war in Spain in the 30's and the situation in Lybia today. Comparing Gadhafi and Franco and saying that Franco defended his regime by killing his own people the same way as Gadhafi is doing now, suggests that certain academics should read and investigate more to ansure the quality and prestige of the institutions they represent are well founded, and of course the education their students receive safeguarded.

February 26, 2011 at 2:38 am |
  3. Aaron Robinette

Finally news! This evil dictator needs to be taken out. It is good to hear that people are standing up against them in the name of democracy, I'm sure that every American is with me when I say the death toll is tragic. Americans do care about this country...please stress that. I hope that the U.S. plays some sort of part in this historical event. Medical aid for the aftermath primarily, and a full and complete shun to Gadhafi.

February 26, 2011 at 2:31 am |
  4. Tom

I think CNN should advise Obama to help the Libyan people. He seemed so hard on the Egyptian President and their protests were like
    Disney World compared to the carnage in Libya. Please tell Obama to do something. Gadhafi is a terrorist. Innocent people are dying and Libyan people think we don't care. Sanctions do nothing, Gadhafi laughs at them and are weakness. Please tell President Obama to do something.

February 26, 2011 at 2:22 am |
  5. Bill

Good evening all, Interested in joining the blogging world,,, First attempt, Lybia, quite an interesting delema, Now far do we go in helping, or do we let the people do what they must to gain their own freedoms and begin building a democracy?

February 26, 2011 at 1:39 am |
  6. Natasha Kelly

Mr.Anderson thank you for all that you and your crew covers on ac360. God Bless.

February 26, 2011 at 1:37 am |
  7. James D. Barclay

The people of Libya need one help; stop Gahdafi from the sky. They will do the rest for themselves. The only could remove him had he not have access to the air. US should now seek like-minded countries to help remove this killer

February 26, 2011 at 1:26 am |
  8. K. S. Ahmed

There is no time for slower action in Libya, immediately world leaders should approve taking out Radio/TV Transmitters, impose No Fly Zone and eventually launch attack on Gadhafi family to stop the massacre. Any NATO military action against Gadhafi is acceptable not only to the people of Libya but also to all freedom loving people of the world. Even one hour can save a few thousand lives.

February 26, 2011 at 1:22 am |
  9. Larry

I do not do this type of thing, I do not do blogs, this is my first time ever to respond to one.

IF the USA and the rest of the free world will allow this atrocity to keep happening, it is a traversty! There is no doubt in my mind that Libya has to be free and allowed human dignity! After 42 years, finally the people has spoken!

Thank you Anderson, I certainly do hope that you do get a chance to read this from a person in Canada?

I think you do a terrific job my friend ~ always there and put yourself 'in harms way'

Keep it up!

You are my favorite journalist!

Larry

February 26, 2011 at 12:37 am |
  10. Larry

I respect Anderson Cooper for what he is doing as a journalist-his family is rich, he does not have to do this for a living, but he feels that he HAS to ~ Way da go Anderson ~ appreciate all that you do! Please keep it up, you are terrific!

Larry

February 26, 2011 at 12:29 am |
  11. Henkv

Anderson. Throughout the years, especially since 9/11 I have had serious worries about the Muslim world. Scared. But following what has been happening these past few weeks, I feel hope. If those countries indeed end up with true, non-religious democratic governments, then what we're watching now is even more important and more historic than the fall of the Berlin Wall. What excitement and promise.

February 26, 2011 at 12:28 am |
  12. Larry

Look, the USA has decided to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan for similar reasons!

USA attacked Ghadafi about 30 years ago! Are they going to sit back and watch genocide now?

Send the idiot in Iran a similar message because all he is doing is getting stronger in the middle east! As far as 'moon' goes? I guess he needs an 'egg in his easter basket' ~ yet another megalomaniac who wants power ~

February 26, 2011 at 12:26 am |
  13. James T

Hopefully somewhere behind the scenes, the CIA will send in a sniper and take this guy out. The world will be a lot better off without him. We will also be better off paying for our gasoline without his intervention.

February 26, 2011 at 12:25 am |