February 25th, 2011
  1. William Sturgeon

What's wrong with Demicratic countrys helping other countrys with the instuctions that we as Americans, for example had to learn the hard way?

There is no difference in the Middle East. With the diverse populations at the time in America. When the colonies were not unlike Tribes. My own family ancestry.

How they did it. Developing a Constitutional process... In a open way and excepted by all of our population is how they did it...

The honeymoon time frame could be even greater then the American Constitution in the Middle East... Is this not what we hear the people saying they want over and over and over again?

February 27, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  2. Claudia, Houston, Tx

The UN has a no fly zone on the table and the U.S. is part of the UN. People need to learn whose a member of the UN and what the U.S. responsibility is instead of always expecting us to start some kind of war.

February 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm |
  3. Lea

I hope the comments I made last night were conveyed to the Libyan man who said he thought Americans did not "give a damn" about the Libyans. I wanted to let him know that we do care, we are watching and hoping for all of them. In the eyes of everyday Americans, the Libyan people are not just symbols of access to oil, but human beings who need our sympathy, empathy, and support. Please tell this man that Americans do care and we are cheering for you all the way. It may be all we can do from here, and it may not be much, but I hope it helps him to know that we care.

February 26, 2011 at 1:56 pm |
  4. Jean

I think most people in the U.S. do indeed care, and it is not about the oil. I feel for the innocent children and the people in Tripoli who are trapped in their homes for fear of being shot. I hope the Libyans will achieve democracy and drive that insane madman Ghadhafi and his followers out of power before more blood is spilled.

February 26, 2011 at 1:07 pm |
  5. Lena from Indiana

Tell the Libyan people it is not about oil for me. My support will be for the dignity and courage of the Libyan people.

February 26, 2011 at 11:46 am |
  6. Catherine Risch

Do any of the Libyans give a damn about the struggling lower middle class Americans many of whom are homeless living in tents in the woods, or have lost their jobs and can't feed their familes? Most average Americans are not living on streets paved with gold despite the beliefs of the rest of the world. Americans are struggling day to day also and can barely have the resources to think and care for themselves nevermind being constantly concerned about the entire world. I do hope that all of these countries find the right leadership so that they can take care of their own and we can get back to taking care of our own.

February 26, 2011 at 11:03 am |
  7. Lin

I TRULY AM SORRY for the FACT that the U.S. is NOT more helpful in providing DIRECT HELP to the Libyan People - who are STUCK in Libya and have no clear way to get to safety! In response to the Libyan man who states that ..."The U.S. doesn't give a damn about us..." I reply: YES, WE DO, AND I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO GET OUR PLANES AND OTHER COUNTRIES' PLANES UP AND OVER TO AIRLIFT THEM OUT !! It is the "Business of Politics" which prevents us from getting to him and others in NEED! Can we fly over and pick these people up, sending them to several different nations???

February 26, 2011 at 3:33 am |
  8. gene sipple

Americans are praying for the safety of the people in Libya, You are in our hearts and the oil is not important as your right to freedom and not living in fear!!!!! We CARE

February 26, 2011 at 2:26 am |
  9. Sanford Ostiller

Everyone went along with Khadafi no matter what crimes he caused because of oil. the British, French, Italians and now the Chinese did not care what happened to the Libyan people as long as the oil kept coming. I spent the period of June to December 1945 stationed at a U.S.Army Air Force Base outside Benghazi but during that time I only visited the city three times. It was severely damaged during WW2 so I had little or no contact with Libyan civilians. The only time we heard about the people was when they were injured or killed while hunting for scrap metal left over from the fighting. Until oil was discovered no one cared about the country.

February 26, 2011 at 1:36 am |
  10. Trena Cooper

I just watched this video on CNN. I want this man and his people to know that there are people in America that care very much about what they are going through. I watch. I cry, and I pray for them. Yes, the rising cost of fuel has already become painful to my family. My son drives a semi and has a family to support, yet I care very deeply for what they are going through.

February 26, 2011 at 1:29 am |
  11. Marisa

IT IS A LIE THAT THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CITIZEN DOESN'T CARE! That is your perception.... I wish but don't think that "the U.S." can solve your problems. I hope and pray that you will do what is right for yourselves! BEWARE OF THOSE That SEEK TO RULE BY FEAR. i WOULD OFFER THAT YOU LOOK AT WHAT JESUS SAID. seek the Truth and He shall be found.

February 26, 2011 at 1:20 am |
  12. janet johnson

I hope there's some way that your contacts in Libya can let the people know that we DO care about what's going on there, and that we so wisj there were some way that we, as people, could support them.

February 26, 2011 at 1:13 am |
  13. paul

There are many Americans that give a damn for the well being of other human beings suffering from these attrocities, and their lives are much more important than any oil! God willing you will find peace and freedom soon from these madmen!

February 26, 2011 at 12:27 am |
  14. James L. Buckner

answer if you will, on air, how could a no-fly zone be enforced. Who would enforce it? Is it just to prevent commercial air traffic, or
    both com and mil
    Assuming it's for protection of people on the ground, against G's war planes, still how would it be enforced, and by whom ???

February 26, 2011 at 12:04 am |
  15. Kelly Jarvis

I want this man to know, as an American, I do care about him, that I care about what is happening to him and the people in Libya. As my husband and I watch the coverage we feel so helpless. So my small contribution is to just say "I DO CARE"
    This is the first time I have ever written in like this , it felt good to put it out there.
    Kelly