February 24th, 2011
  1. Lisa

I commend your continuing focus on Libya. I have so much respect and empathy for this courageous Libyian woman. Please, please tell her that American hearts are breaking for her and her people. I for one am hoping Nato will step in as soon as possible. Please, let her know this during your next interview. If these horrible soldiers for hire are truly going house to house in Tripoli, please don't let her potential last days be of feeling alone and abandoned by the World.

Best, Lisa

February 25, 2011 at 9:34 pm |
  2. Pam Murison

I am, quite frankly, appalled at how slow it has been for the big powers of the international community to take action and the actions they have taken are not aggressive enough. What are they waiting for? How many people have to be killed before something is done about this maniac? I listened to this woman talk from her apartment and you can feel the fear and frustration in her voice. Help these people before this dictator unleashes all of his fury on them. OIL, MONEY, PEOPLES' LIVES. We hope that the lives of the Libyan people come first.

February 25, 2011 at 9:34 pm |
  3. Kevan

If we do nothing in the face of such crimes are we not also gilty.

February 25, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
  4. Angie

Anderson, I watch your show and it was heart wrenching to listen to the lady as she spoke. But Obama's first obligation was to get our civilians and Embassy workers out first. Even though many American and other foreign civilians are being moved out of the country, there are many more American and other foreign civilians in harms way and many of our many different Embassy workers still having to leave. It isn't easy. We don't even know if some of our people have been killed trying to get out.
    Obama's next obligation is to gather the allies and many of the other countries in the United Nations to come up with a way to handle this carefully but swiftly so hopefully no more lives are lost.
    But The Middle East is not America. The Middle East is not a state of our union. We have to be very careful how our governments around the world handle this.
    One more note, I am not the police of the world. I am a mother, grandmother, housewife. yes I want something done. But our hands are tied. Our government's hands are tied. Our president's hands are tied. It has to be a solution which involves other countries as well. Not just us and Not just Obama.
    Yes we and the world need to work together to help. It is best to allow Obama and the Rest of the World leaders, NOT OBAMA ALONE,to come up with something.
    I know you can't, I know your hands are tied, But Please, stop other news commentators from trying to lay the entire world on Obama's shoulders. Obama is my president, NOT the world's president.

February 25, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
  5. Kieran Conlon

Having heard this woman on your show last night, it brings back personal memories of Rwanda and the genecide that took place, which the "International Community" sat back and watched.

When will politicians realise that people are the most important resource the world has?

Ms. Clinton can run from meeting to meeting with differing "humanitarian" groups. Mr. Obama can make useless speeches that mean nothing. Governments can ship their own citizens out of harms way, but who will aid the citizens of Libya?

Are we as the human race going to sit idley by, while this dictator massacres people? The people have spoken! This brave woman is not a militant, she is seeking freedom from tyranny. The world MUST help these people achieve the end rest that is their wish..FREEDOM!

February 25, 2011 at 4:35 pm |
  6. Scott Bentley

A woman speaks despite her fright

Silence fails to shine freedom's light

West to East you inspire us anew

Blessings during the darkness from all of us to you

February 25, 2011 at 4:31 pm |
  7. David G.

If Anne Frank had been able to phone for help, I imagine she would have sounded equally as desperate as Anderson’s female caller from Libya. I now pray good-hearted people everywhere heard what they needed to last night and will respond quickly with both support and action.

February 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
  8. Kathleen White

Ann Frank, in fear for her life, hiding from Nazis unleashed and led by a mad man comes to mind when listening to this brave, intelligent, truly courageous woman speaking out for her people. The world is watching, we do care and any decent human being stands with her and urges the U.S. and global community to take action to support the brave Libyan people.

February 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm |
  9. Roy

Anderson Cooper is truly the greatest alarmist and amplifier of violence anywhere in the world especially in the Middle-East, and that appeals to ignorant Americans. How is it that CNN and its AC360 always have a link to English speaking men and women in the troubled countries of the Arab world especially those countries America regards as its enemies? Why is it that America is always has its nose in those countries? Palestinians in both the West Bank and the Gaza are being treated like animals by the Israelis everyday but you do not see anything wrong with the Israeli atrocities to report to the world. Why are you so obsessed with Gadhafi? Stop demonizing a man you know nothing about other than what you have been hearing from ignorant American politicians? If America wants democracy in the Mideast it should start with freedom for the Palestinians in the Israeli garrisons. Shame on you for helping to forment the violence in Libya and elsewhere with those photo images that you keep running over and over because they are not going to help America's image anywhere in the Middle East.

February 25, 2011 at 3:46 am |
  10. Paula

LIBIA CALL:
    This wonderful woman from Tripoli is so fantastically brave in her plea to world. We keep her and the people of Tripoli in our hearts and we are with them in spirit. Her suggestion that the UN, US etc. should contain the Libian Air Space at the very least is a very good thought. Why can't Someone create a no flyzone?

Certianly the All powerful whomever they are could at least stop the importation of African Mecernary forces why do they let this INSANE MAN continue commit genocide on the Libian people.

February 25, 2011 at 3:31 am |
  11. Renu

Keep up the great journalistic work Anderson!! You are doing an amazing work – thank you!! It is time the western media focuses on the right and important stories – please don't give up on the middle eastern situation coverage – these stories need to be told – wish there were more Andersons in USA. Hopefully your coverage will pressurize the western world to intervene and save the millions of innocent Libyans – the world can't sit and watch innocent citizens being killed. Thank you for your integrity and staying true to your profession – please keep up the wonderful work!

February 25, 2011 at 2:51 am |
  12. Patricia Ades

It breaks my heart to hear this desperate Lybian women hoping that the US will come to the aid of the Lybian people. Is the White House Listening? Why isn't President Obama doing anything? Do we have to wait until the genocide starts – like Bosnia. I feel the helplessness of this woman. The White House should be ashamed if it does not step up and assist in this crisis! This is not what America is – The helpless look to us for hope -the hope for which President Obama received a Nobel Peace Prize.....let's hope it's not an empty award!

February 25, 2011 at 2:48 am |
  13. Laura (Austin, TX)

Anderson et al, thank you for your excellent coverage of Northern Africa and the Middle East. I'm very moved by the Libyan woman's call in the night. How can we tell these people, who are so bravely struggling for freedom, letting them know that we are watching them and we do care? I have been afraid with them, cried with them, and cheered when they have effected change. I was so relieved when Mubarak stepped down (I hadn't slept for worry). I continue to hold them in my heart and thoughts and prayers for safety and real democracy. And, I do understand that the Arab peoples are quite distinct and varied from country to country and across cities. I understand this rising-up is across class and circumstance. And I respect them all.

February 25, 2011 at 2:46 am |
  14. Jean of San Diego

Thank u for coverage of Libya. I grew up in Benghazi for Mom was a Dr. there, loved the poeple, very nice and peace loving. The old king was very good to the people and well loved. Left for US for college just a week before Gadhafi took over. Tried to go back for a visit on a cruise with 87 yr old Mom and a week before we cruised Gadhafi won't let American entered Libya because US threw out two of his diplomats. It breaks my heart to see what he is doing to the people in Libya. May peace come soon.
    My husband went American high school on US airbase in Tripoli in the late 60s. We love the gorgeous beaches of Libya, terrific sand and ocean and no one use them, We also loved the fantastic Roman ruin, hope to get to go back someday.

Over the past decade, American have great misgiving and understanding of Arab peoplein general. Frankly, they just want to be independent, free from foreign control and colonialism, who wouldn't. I hope they can finally be freed and enjoy the richness of their own country. So impressed with the brave Libyan woman caller, I know they have come a LONG way from my days in Libya in the late 60s. Good for them.

February 25, 2011 at 2:46 am |
  15. Guy Coffee

Anderson: You're doing a fantastic, unbelievable job in bringing eyewitness news of what's happening in Libya and around the Mideast world. It seems like CNN is the only network that's bringing us up-to-date news of what's happening in Libya. I definitely nightly read what you present on your Anderson 360 website.

Keep up the good work.

February 25, 2011 at 2:41 am |
  16. Shellebell

I hear this woman crying out for help WHAT CAN WE DO? Can we get help to these people Food money. IFeel so helpless i don't have much but i will give what i can. Is there something i can give or do. Hearing this woman breaks my heart. I hope they know we do care!!! But we dont know how we can help?

February 25, 2011 at 2:40 am |
  17. tareq

i think it is the time for the united states to start realize who is their friend and who is not ..
    i know 9/11 was a disaster for the united states and the whole world as well , but its about time to realize the innocent right for arabs and work with them because those leaders arethe real terrorists not people
    people want peace,, reach them out .. united states you are the voice of the free world .. just understandthe whole ordeals and im certainly sure it will be better for the united states first and the rest of the whole world..

February 25, 2011 at 2:17 am |
  18. Louvice

Hearing The Fear in Libyan Woman Voice & Seeing all the Bodies, is Most Heartbreaking ! My Prayers r with them ! Even in Fear she is Brave 4 Talking to U! Glad u Show us the Truth !

February 25, 2011 at 1:24 am |
  19. Tim

Anderson,

We could see the empathy in your eyes for the young imprisoned in her home. You lived it yourself in Egypt for a few days. These poor souls have be without freedom for decades.

Obama has to act.

February 25, 2011 at 1:24 am |
  20. salem

how many deaths usa needs to feels its dangerous in libya.
    i am sure that are the west knows about the details of details of what is going on.
    all poeple concerned about the oil price .
    why iam speaking about the west ,because they said they care of human rights ,but that hypocrasy.
    just to know we know your positions .
    we will win by our will and god help and the rest will follow.
    its shame.
    viva libya

February 25, 2011 at 1:14 am |
  21. Fedde

I think if at the end , If and When Libyans end up taking him out on their own, they won't have very nice words to say to the wrest of the world that (so far seems to just be watching from the sidelines). This Crazed Mans is mentally in no condition to be dealt with and treated as a leader of a country , or even a township by anyone let alone leaders of the "Free World" .

What is the UN doing about this. This is the "3:00am Call" not just for the US President, but for All the Leaders of the "FREE WORLD" !!!! Do something about it Damn IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 24, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
  22. Michael Ethiopia

Hi Mr. Cooper let me ask you this.. where were you? when the Ethiopian people killed by Melese zenawi's soldiers? why you didn't say something about it? Melese zenawi massacre more than 200 Ethiopian on day light without any charges. He detained more than 40000 children,youths and women in concentration caps for years. His special forces torched,raped and killed most of them. WHY you didn't talk about them?

February 24, 2011 at 11:53 pm |
  23. Angie

My heart goes out to those people protesting for their freedom. My question is, hearing the plea of this woman, will the US soon step in? Im worried of what the future holds...

February 24, 2011 at 11:49 pm |
  24. Glen

If this the woman on PHONE from Libya (how)? you ever get the "gut feeling" that something's just not right? I do with her. and CNN.

February 24, 2011 at 11:47 pm |
  25. Linda Burns

Anderson...when you talk to the young woman tomorrow, please tell her she is being heard...as private citizen it is hard for me to do anything...but I can pray....
    Ok, I don't believe the US should get involved into other countries trails..but this isn't another country...this is the people of Libya who are shouting from the roof tops to be heard and understanding of why they are willing to die; seeking some help..for freedom..this is what America stands for..human diginity, human rights

February 24, 2011 at 11:44 pm |
  26. Fedde

Anderson Thank you for putting this brave wonderful young woman on every night. She is providing such great and clear details of the situation while pleading for help . I am astonished listening to her update you on the situation there on a daily basis. It is a shame that countries try to save their own while leaving innocent Libyans to die knowing full well there is no infrastructure left to protect them.

February 24, 2011 at 11:40 pm |
  27. Judy

Thank you Anderson for telling us the truth and
    may God Bless those people fighting for freedom.

February 24, 2011 at 11:40 pm |
  28. zack

gadhafi:a despot that caused a world of uncertainty and a state of despondency to the libyan society.

February 24, 2011 at 11:39 pm |
  29. Norma Green

Just watched the girl that called from Libya asking for help. I feel so sorry for those people. I just wish the US and other allies would hurry and help them. I realize we need to get our people out of Libya first, but we need to acclerate the process and help these people.

February 24, 2011 at 11:36 pm |