February 18th, 2011
  1. L lee

Finally watching your show from last night. At end of segment with gentlemen from Libya you said you have been getting emails asking you to focus more on events in this country. Count me as one person who is relying on you to tell us the stories beyond our borders.

What is happening right now in the Arab world is earth shattering. Especially for countries like Libya, in which few members of the media have been able to report from, the sheer bravery of these protesters who, as we keep hearing over and over in these countries, are not afraid anymore to speak out. But we need to keep a bright light showing on these upheaval so these rulers can no longer terrorize their citizens, wholesale, without consequences.

February 19, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  2. Marisol Gomez

Dear Anderson,

You are right! The world should know and you should continue to report on it. I can tell you are very loyal to your cause; just keep smiling in your program. You have such a natural and beautiful smile. It makes me happy to see it.

All the very best,

Marisol 🙂

February 19, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
  3. Rasha

Dear Mr. Cooper,

I would like to thank you for covering the story in Libya. Media is not allowed in the country and the ruthless dictator will continue killing peaceful protesters. We need to continue to get the word out. A massacre is taking place in Libya and the world has no clue. What happened to freedom and justice? This is horrible and I cannot even begin to explain my rage. The world must know.
    Thank you for covering the story as I know you have limitations due to the government in Libya.

February 19, 2011 at 7:54 pm |
  4. shoab

Dear Mr Cooper,

Thank you for shining the light on the struggles and aspirations of the people in the Middle East who are struggling and standing up to decades of oppression to have the same freedoms that we enjoy in the west.

In addition by not prejudging their Islamic faith this may try and help others understand that all people regardless of their religion want to live in a society that allows them freedom, justice and equality.

My hope is that once they have real freedom and live in a tolerant society that the extremists will not have a place to undermine their future and in turn the world will understand that muslims are no different to others around the world and actually we all share much more than what divides us.

Shoab

February 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  5. Lilibeth

Thank you Anderson for speaking out the way you did. To those people who said you should move on, I guess all I have to say to them is unless you've lived in a country where dictators rule, you won't have any idea what life is like in these countries, and it's a pretty sad life. I wish people would understand and empathize more. However I am glad that oppressed people in different parts of the world are finding the strength to stand up for themselves. All they want is basic human rights and a decent life, and these are worth fighting for.

Sincerely

Lilibeth
    Edmonds Washington

February 19, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  6. Dr. Munas

Great show, Anderson. Thank you so much for your Middle East reporting. Keep up the good work. My gratitude to you and your intrepid correspondents. We are witnessing the most important sequence of historical events in my lifetime so far.

February 19, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
  7. adnan Mohamadi

Dear Mr Cooper
    The libyan dictator can not at the time being believe that there are existing libyans that do not want him in power anymore and because of that he will use all the means to exterminate them, he did this several times in the past, I wittnessed this personally during the eighties,he called his opponents street dogs ! to whom who know gaddafi, what I am saying is not an exageration, he has somewhat the same personalilty of Saddam Husein and his attitude against his political opponents,to resume his thiking, just gas them and send them to hell!
    A very dangerous person who definitely has no place in thi changing world.
    I urge all free people to back the Libyans by all means, just imagine that americas will be ruled by Bush for 41 years !!

regards

February 19, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
  8. Jannan

GOD BLESS YOU ANDERSON COOPER!!!

The world needs to know what horrors Gaddafi is capable of. The world last witnessed this horror on December 21, 1988, when Pan Am Flight 103 exploded over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 259 people on board as well as 11 on the ground. He was the force behind that horrific act.

Now he has turned to his own people and is massacring them by the hundreds.

We hear from family that the streets of Benghazi are a war zone. Live ammunition is being used on demonstrators. Gadaffi has brought in mercenaries from Africa who have been promised $30K for killing the demonstrators. People are dying in the 100s and in the hospitals the injured are in the thousands.

Demonstrations are starting to spread from the East region and move closer to Tripoli. However again these demonstrators are being meet with live ammunition. It's been reported that mourners at a funeral were being shot at.

Please help us spread the word of what is going on in Libya and help our small population with their fight for freedom. The Internet has been blocked, information is being gathered from people in Libya who are risking their lives to fight for an end to the regime of one of the longest ruling, and most brutal dictators in the Middle East and Africa.

May God rest the souls of those who have fought for the freedom of Libya and have not had the fortune to live to see it.

February 19, 2011 at 2:14 pm |
  9. alice Gould

Please continue to cover what's happening in Bahrain,Libya, and other Middle Eastern countries..they do not have a voice....they are making the ultimate sacrifice...these broadcasts may be the world's only access....they are powerful, and in my view, impact the event.....These dictators lead not only by fear; but also by silence

February 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
  10. Yousef

plz help us , we need help,:
    Libyan people have been protesting across their country, inspired by the Revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia they too now are demanding and end to dictatorship. Using heavy weapons and the army Gadaffi has killed many protesters. Today in Benghazi, there is a MASSACRE , the hospitals are full of died bodies and need your support and help to show that to the whole world. Dictator Qaddafi's security forces used live ammunition as well as mercenaries from African countries and thugs to defeat unarmed demonstrators peaceful have been killed more than 400 young martyrs.Libyan people wanted freedom and dignity and to live safely on the Home and peacefully. Please we need help.

February 19, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
  11. Ahmad

02/19/2011 13:00 ET
    Brutal massacre in Benghazi, where african mercenaries attacked hundreds of protesters and killed many of them and countless of wounded. In addition, in city of Mesrata "200 Km to East of Tripoli" where demonstrations erupted 8 people were killed.

February 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm |
  12. Robert Wilson

Dear Anderson Cooper,

I'm an American who, while not unemployed, has had to settle for a low-paying job. But I want to say "Thank-you" for covering the situation in the Middle East. So far, I have yet to be dragged out of my house in the middle of the night and tortured, nor have I been shot at for expressing my views. And I certainly would not be risking my life if I made a phone call to you and told you what I thought about my government. Nor do I fear that any of that will happen.

Further, if Qaddafi really does stoop low enough to send foreign mercenaries to Libya to slaughter his own people, I hope you will leave no stone unturned in telling the world about it. I can't begin to imagine anything lower, and I can't imagine anything happening in America that could compare. We may get angry at our jobs being outsourced, but no one is outsourcing the genocide of our own people on our own soil. I get sick just thinking of it. If you talk to Mostaf on the phone again, tell him that I can't even fathom his courage.

Sincerely,
    Robert Wilson

February 19, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
  13. Edna

I feel it vitally important I comment on your program, and your comment "the world should know what is happening". You are absolutely correct!! Anyone who tells you there are "other issues" out there to report is not too concerned about freedom and democracy for those people. When someone puts their life on the line to share with the world what is happening, I cannot thank you enough for having the courage to report it for the world to see. God Bless You and CNN for allowing your wonderful reporting of the news over there. Yours is the first program I go to for my world news. You are fair and truthful-you are truly "keeping them honest". Thank you again.

February 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm |
  14. FreeVoice

There are still more killing without mercey. The Ghadafi's Militia is using Heavy Weapons like R.B.G and 14.5.

February 19, 2011 at 11:27 am |
  15. Yahia Mohamed

My name is Yahia Mohamed. I just got a call from Benghazi,Libya. people there are very terrified. The regime is still using forces to stop the upraising. Today, at least 30 people were killed and much more were injured. They are desperatley seeking the United States to put pressure on the issue in order to put a stop to the massacre happening, due to the wretchednss of Qaddafi. Please, we are all asking that you, as a main source of media to do something to hlp put an end to tis injustice. Do not simplyjust watch innocent people die without purpose. What is happening in Libya is tragedy that the whole world will witness, and it will be such a sadness if the USA, the world's most powerful country, stood watching and remaine silent. It will take a phone call from to the UN security council to stop this mad man from carrying on his massacre.

February 19, 2011 at 10:18 am |
  16. Sam

God speed Anderson! Keep up the good work. Your sincerity in helping people in the Arab region and your passion is uplifting. Keep helping people from that region and keep making their voices heard. It is about time for them to live free from tyranny and oppression that pushes them in poverty and extremism. You, the media, has also the responsibility of exposing our governments double standards when dealing with these regimes in hopes they will end. It time for the world's beacon of freedom to stand with the people who want nothing but their freedom, and stop allowing them selves to eat the bates and fears that these brutal regimes keep using to get their backings. Good luck to you and to every descent and brave anchor like you who truly believe in their mission in this life!

February 19, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  17. Ilham

Thank you Mr. Anderson for your voice of truth and your effort in trying to show the world what is really going on in Libya, Gaddaffi is a dictator who has been killing Libyans inside and outside of libya and he has caused so much destruction and needs to get out of libya NOW!

February 19, 2011 at 8:17 am |
  18. Agatha Ogidi

Mamman Gadaffi should let the poor citizens express their views.

February 19, 2011 at 7:19 am |
  19. Marc

The dominoes in the Middle East are toppling over. You cannot forever suppress peoples' yearnings for freedom and a better deal in life.

February 19, 2011 at 7:15 am |
  20. Feisal

Thank you Anderson we appreciate your news cover about Libya and Egypt- you are the best and fairest journalist. You are loved all over the world- Please keep the news cover on Libya we are determined to fight and win-
    Thank you for your stand- please keep Muftah giving us the news -

Libyan people love you and respect you for your fair coverage

February 19, 2011 at 5:31 am |
  21. Marijan Miletic, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Congrats for a CNN fair reporting from "friendly" Bahrain including Hala Gorani 2007 replay. Foreign police mercenaries are making a lot of Shia martyrs and the repetition of Iran Islamic Revolution may occur. I hope the price of oil doesn't go above 100$ on market speculations.

February 19, 2011 at 4:35 am |
  22. Jason Ghama

Good on you Anderson, keep us updated

February 19, 2011 at 3:28 am |
  23. Dorothy A. Buckley

Anderson, I want to thank you for your coverage of the protests and struggles for freedom in the Middle East. I know I'm not alone in my gratitude for all you and CNN have done to keep us aware of what is going on. While there are other 24 hour channels that are considered providers of news, CNN is the only genuine news channel available to viewers. Please keep the story of the struggle for freedom in the forefront of your reports because, as you well know, the lives of so many are in immediate peril. What complaining viewers may not realize is that our lives too can be very much affected by the success or failure of these brave protesting individuals and groups. Your work is noble and critical.

Thank you for the risks you take on behalf of your viewers and, more importantly, on behalf of those whose voice would otherwise remain unheard.

February 19, 2011 at 2:58 am |
  24. Jim

Hi Anderson, I was speaking to one of my friends at work who is from Iran. He mentioned to me that approximately 35 years ago he was in the Iranian military special forces group and Bahrain's citizens were revolting as in today's case. He said The special forces from Iran were requested to Bahrain and these individuals basically stopped the revolt by randomly shooting all the protesters. I think this is happening today as well. What do you guys think.

February 19, 2011 at 2:57 am |
  25. AK

AC- you must NOT 'move on' from the revolution. Who 'moves on' from a revolution?' While the media gaze is fleeting and people pleasing, you have decided to report on a story that may not be the most consumed, but is the most important. Let those who want domestic news only change the channel, and the rest of us can know the story of a changing world. Things will never be the same after all of North Africa rises up, the Mahsrek countries and tragically and bravely Bahrain who are all in the greatest struggles demanding their rights with dignity and humanity that should speak to all of us who have a beating heart. This story has never been told and yet is breaking open in front of our eyes. Please remain responsible, tenacious, shed light on the situation in these countries that have been under the worst oppression. The people, all people deserve a voice whether they are next door or not. There is an Arab saying: ‘beware of the patient person's anger.' After 30 years, 42 years, centuries, patience is running out. Let’s hope that peace somehow won’t. Please remain vigilant and keep telling the story that must be told.

February 19, 2011 at 2:55 am |
  26. Fadia Faraj

Dear Mr. Cooper,
    I've been a fan of yours from the very first time I saw you on TV. I fell in love with you then because I felt your passion for the Truth!!! Your show on CNN was the only one that spoke out for the voiceless!!!
    And now thanks to you Mr. Anderson Cooper you are again speaking out for the voiceless!! Your participation in the Egyptian revolution I and millions like me will never forget what you did! If it wasn't for you telling the world what was really happening in Egypt I don't think the ex president (the dictator) Mubarak would've stepped down!
    Please I beg of you to do the same for Libya, Sudan, Bahrain and the Middle East and North African countries that are trying to bring democracy in their life!!! You truly are our hero and we all love you for it!!
    respectfully your,
    Fadia

February 19, 2011 at 2:43 am |
  27. Angela Higbee

Thank you so much Cooper for this continued coverage, it's about the time the people of the US engage in what is happening in the world.

February 19, 2011 at 2:32 am |
  28. Danny

This is a message from Vancouver, Canada; we support you in what you are doing. We thank you and your crew for showing the world what is happening to the oppressed people by their own dictatorship government! What is happening in Iran..any updates?!?

February 19, 2011 at 2:24 am |
  29. Sameera

Hi Anderson,

I just wanted to thank you for this comment! I think you and your team did an amazing job covering the Egyptian revolution in a fair and diplomatic way. You continue to show your fairness in the growing protests across the region. I really do think everyone needs to know what's happening there because one of the biggest reasons this went unnoticed for 30+ years is that people didn't know about what these dictators were doing to their own people. These Arab people need support, moral and otherwise, if they are to get their freedom.

Again, hats off to you and the CNN team for keeping this in the news. The world cannot forget about these people, and we need to stand in solidarity with the peaceful pursuit of democracy, freedom and human rights.

February 19, 2011 at 2:09 am |
  30. Dan Creamer

Anderson, Although the story from Wisconsin is vitally important so is the story out of the Middle East. You can and should cover both as they relate to mans hunger for freedom from repression. Keep up the good work.

February 19, 2011 at 2:06 am |
  31. Mer.

The rest of the work is,..... IS..... Very important. These are flesh and blood human beings just as you. They have lived in a dictatorship and are brave enough to try and over-throw it. They have families, they are trying to make a living, they live in constant terror.... I give them respect, and well wishes, each and everyone trying to have a safe life.
    Two new words for some of you..... unselfish compassion.

February 19, 2011 at 1:37 am |
  32. Mitchum

Stay with it Anderson...the rest have left our interests of the human condition to TMZ style slice and dice news. People dying to be free followed by a fragrance launch from Paris Hilton...
    Have we no dignity.

February 19, 2011 at 1:36 am |
  33. Dr. J

Keep your eyes on the prize – "the injustice and inhumanity of man upon its own." Americans need to know what is happening to our fellow brothers and sisters. Are are all connected. Thank you for "focus."

February 19, 2011 at 1:35 am |
  34. stephanie

My god, of all the places we have invaded in the name of democracy? And now, as these supremely brave people stand up for what they believe is right, we will stand by and watch innocent peaceful protesters die and have no military response is shameful. Our idea of the instituting of democracy is ridiculous, at best. My thoughts and heart felt sympathy are with Lybia, I cry, literally, for their sacrifice

February 19, 2011 at 1:34 am |
  35. veronica

Way to go Anderson!!! The selfish ignorance of people whose world is so small... they can't see past their backyards and their ignorance leads to apathy and indeffence as to what is happening in the rest of the world. May they learn, may they appreciate how fortunate they are to live where they live. Great job!

February 19, 2011 at 1:29 am |
  36. Brenda Wilkins

To those in our country who believe that our media should "move on", and decrease the coverage of the Middle East instability I say "shame on you". We are all one, and our brothers and sisters seeking freedom deserve a voice, deserve our support, and deserve our prayers. Long after the media coverage does finally end, they will continue to wage the battles for personal freedom that we have been so fortunate to have. So, please, continue to bring us this news coverage that makes us uncomfortable, tests our sensibilities of reason, and demands that we not hide in the wealth and freedoms of our country. Even as we struggle here at home with economic and political crisis we still have unparalleled freedoms. By remaining relentless in your coverage of the Middle East crisis we put our own suffering in perspective and are called to pay attention to suffering much larger than our own. Thank you CNN for the discomfort you coverage brings to every American. May we not turn away.

February 19, 2011 at 1:29 am |
  37. robert

democracy is very serious, had we not fought for our own, we wouldnt have the rights we still have. "power to the people" -Lennon

February 19, 2011 at 1:29 am |
  38. Rumi

Dear Anderson Cooper,

My heartfelt thanks to you for what you have done so far. You have brought the attrocity of the middle-east dictators to the American audience. The suffering of the people of middle-east is now coming out clear to the American people.
    Please keep as much coverage as possible on the plights of the people of Algeria, Bahrain, Yemen, Syria.
    People in this country for a long time had the impression that the people there are just back ward barbarians and that they do not deserve democracy. You showed that it is NOT the case, rather the people of that land are more than willing to embrace democracy, freedom and self-respect.
    You just don't know what magnitude of help you have done to these oppressed people (brutality opressed for more than 40-50 years in each country).

God bless you Anderson.

Thank you.

February 19, 2011 at 1:28 am |
  39. Sarah Hayes

Thank you for your continued coverage of the Middle East. This is so important as this effects all of us. Everyone deserves the opportunity for a better life. Hopefully, America can find more allies there and help make a change for a safer world...
    Thank you for your wonderful show.

February 19, 2011 at 1:27 am |
  40. barbara cox

Dear Anderson Cooper,
    you will go down in history as one of the media heroes reporting and thus supporting the heroic struggle for freedom in the Middle East region, by not letting up on your reporting, regardless of domestic or international opinion and criticism.
    Congratulations, you are our CNN Hero.Please don't stop.

February 19, 2011 at 1:26 am |
  41. ta dohlman

how dare people to tell you to move on. Its just discusting, Same old same old not in my backyard. Do these idiots even know what they have in freedom. We sure do and are thankful to God that we have this freedom to speak out we also could lose this if arent vigilant. great work anderson and god be with those journalists over ther and everywhere in this world.

February 19, 2011 at 1:24 am |
  42. Jeff Magoto

My wife and I deeply appreciate your reporting these past few weeks. As the brave gentleman on the phone with you explained so eloquently, the world needs to know what's going on in Libya. Thanks to CNN for staying with and reporting on all dimensions of the story.

February 19, 2011 at 1:23 am |
  43. Heather

I don't know if a blog is or if this is the best way for Anderson Cooper to hear my voice...
    I watched the coverage tonight about Libya and heard of the emails sent asking to simply move on.
    Shame to you! You forget how our country came to be. You forget there would be no United States of America if our voices were not listened to, if we did not fight for what we believed in.
    Libya is not asking for our money. The are not asking for our military. They are asking for our hope and our prayers and that doesn't cost you anything.
    May you never have someone ask to ignore you when you need someone's help.

February 19, 2011 at 1:23 am |
  44. Julie

Hi Anderson,
    Thank goodness you called it 360, because that's what it's all about,you're covering the globe. We're too isolated on this continent...keep us connected. This is the biggest global political event of our time. Wake up America!

February 19, 2011 at 1:23 am |
  45. Joyce

I don't know how someone can tell you to "move on" regarding the Libyan people. We are one world and as such we are all affected by the atrocities in Libya and all oppressed people in the middle east.

February 19, 2011 at 1:22 am |
  46. Kim

Thanks for the great coverage...My channel would have turned had you not been covering it. I agree, the world should know.

February 19, 2011 at 1:21 am |
  47. Ramez

Anderson! THANKS FOR STANDING UP FOR THE WORLD !

Thank you for showing the world what they need to know about the middle east! God bless you and thanks for your'e amazing reportage !

February 19, 2011 at 1:20 am |
  48. john kowalski

Our prayers go out to the brave people of the middle east who are seeking freedom. I wish we could do more to help them.

February 19, 2011 at 1:10 am |
  49. Gfree

Yes we can!!! It's a shame on the free world to allow Libyan dictator to kill his people just because they're calling for their rights to live as human. His history of terrorist is known for all over the world. This creature now is giving $12000 to African killers for killing one Libyan protest, they speak French and he told them that the protesters are from Egypt. Today just in Benghazi he killed 50 people and some sources say the number is 65. What we see in Libyan media is completely wrong. These people that they support him are just his security and school children. No one support him even in Tripoli were he lives no one supports him. It's known for everybody.

February 19, 2011 at 12:45 am |
  50. Mona

Thank you for the continuous support that you showed in "The world should know what's happening" .. You are a great man, not taking sides, but standing for Human Rights that every human deserve, by allowing those people who risk their life to be heard on your show ... You are CNN's treasure 🙂

February 19, 2011 at 12:14 am |