February 8th, 2011
  1. Norman Harrell

Anderson,
    Thank you for showing the truth to America and the world. You have put your LIFE in harms way and reported the facts that have influenced me and countless others, to believe in democracy as one possible solution to the worlds largest problem this century, conflicts in 21st century Egypt, and the middle east. Thank you! I value your reports and have become your fan and supporter. I now cling to your every word and await your next report. I trust you and CNN for the truth. I know this is a big responsibility, but I believe you and your dedication. I have seen the reality of the situation from your perspective and I await our future as you continue to enlighten the world with your perspective. God bless you and please continue!

February 10, 2011 at 12:29 am |
  2. Carmen Cameron

*P*L*E*A*S*E* – for the love of all that is right and decent – keep bearing witness to the truth of what's happening in Egypt!!!

You and your guests are the only visible figures who seem to get it that this is a CRUCIAL event in human history. And you are the ONLY American journalist proving they are worthy of that title in our country at this moment.

Please, Mr. Cooper, keep right on saving not only Egyptian lives but American souls, both of whom are just asking for the simple truth.

Thank you for your admirable efforts the last three nights. May your courage and determination be as strong and unwavering as that of those beautiful young people putting their lives (not just their careers) on the line down in that square.

God bless you!

February 9, 2011 at 11:20 pm |
  3. Mohammed Hazari

I am an American Muslim born and raised in the United States. I have a wife and four kids. I believe in my faith. Being a Muslim you believe in the Quraan and the Sunnah of the Prophet, it changes your whole life. How you talk, walk, eat, sleep, and pray. Its not just a hobby or a religion its a way of life. I see so many times people invited so called experts that talk about Islam and there is never the counter point. Shariah is Islamic law based on the Quraan and Sunnah. I totally support it and hope you bring someone to talk about it.

February 9, 2011 at 11:05 pm |
  4. Dr Patrick Sarrazin Diplomat (LINNA)

Dear Anderson Copper: I would like ask the American people why would the American Goverment and its people allow its congress to support financialy to a sum off 1.5 Billion.
    To a regiem for the past 30 years knowing its hummanity towards man kind and nothing a mear dictatorship at what cost will the American people let its Goverment pay to concure the world

February 9, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
  5. mahammed alsaied

thank u andrson and thanks to evry body in cnn for showing and telling the trues about whats going on in egypt u guys make me crying u make me loving my homecountry egypt and loving usa and amirecans more and more thanks again

February 9, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  6. Robin Mazhar

Thanks for showing scenes of Egypt we may not have otherwise seen. Your sincerity and willingness to take a stand are most appreciated. Keep up the great work!

February 9, 2011 at 9:40 pm |
  7. HishamHossam

One of the Videos made me really Cry!... at last the world sees what happens to loads of Egyptians need & work & live for the freedom of this country for years & years....
    am Out of words Anderson... & cannot thank you enough!
    The corruption was not only about that...For years & years corruption has been running even the Education systems...that people a Huge amount of Egyptians Simply complete their education completely Ignorant about the life & the world... If they don't educate themselves..the education System is a complete wreck..!

February 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm |
  8. J casillas

Anderson: I have been watching your program for the past few days and I admire the way you hold the Egyptian official's feet to the fire.' I wish you would do the same thing to our officials by asking them why they support Dictators if we believe in freedom and Democracy.I would also like to know why our government is letting AIPAC dictate our foreign policy? Another question in my mind is why we support Israel's barbaric treatment and the confiscation of Palestinian land? It would increase the credibility of the medea if they would challange the government spokesperson when they lie to us.Keep up the good work.

February 9, 2011 at 7:56 pm |
  9. Mohamed El-Sayed

Dear Anderson:

Thank you for your objective and honest report about the current state of affaires in Egypt.

ME

February 9, 2011 at 7:26 pm |
  10. Osama Naga

Dear Mr Anderson,

My names Osama Naga, I live here in US, I do really appreciate your coverage about the truth of Mubarak regime tactics, I just received on face book a picture of a protesting young egyptian under the tire of a police car, I would like to send it to you, its really not fair for anyhuman being to die like that intentionally, thanks, Osama

February 9, 2011 at 7:00 pm |
  11. Mohamed Zahran

Dear Anderson,

I am an Egyptian residing in NYC, but I visit Egypt several times a year. Let me tell you that Egypt now is the REAL Egypt. What you see on the ground in Tahrir square are the real Egyptians, after the dirty corrupt layer of the regime is removed. The dam of fear is broken and forever.
    Thank you very much for your support. I hope president Obama and the state department listen.

February 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm |
  12. Mary Hartmann

Thank you for speaking"truth to power" and holding up those Egyptians speaking truth to power at so much greater risk. It is the government who is not ready for democracy and is why they have to go. They could be if, they had the vision, but they do not. Egypt needs a constitutional convention with representatives including some now governing. They need to throw it out now. I could happen. It could happen.

February 9, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
  13. Tim Gibson

It is not the same and it will not be the same when this is main street USA. The only difference is that here in the USA it is better hidden from view and the facts that are buried behind lies are just as large and real here. Change is coming for Egypt and change is/will be coming for the USA.

February 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
  14. salwa

Dear Anderson,
    I'm an American/Egyptian who has been living in Cairo for the past 25 years. You have probably learned more about my culture and people than you ever bargained for. I watched your outstanding coverage with utter admiration and fear for your safety...as you risked your life,insistent to be an honest and fair witness to the events unfolding and which are a reflection of the atrocities that we have suffered for decades behind closed doors. Your role and courage was no less than those fighting for their life in Liberation Square. My eternal gratitude to you and your team! Salwa

February 9, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
  15. sameh elnaharwy

Anderson,

thank you so much for staying with the egypt story..you are doing a great job getting the truth out there...

from one egyption/american how loves both countries and wishes one day Egypt will be free just like the USA...god blesss you man.

February 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm |
  16. Mohammed Elsalanty

Thanks Anderson for the high caliber reporting. You're delivering the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth in a time when others are playing politics. This is true journalism and you're our hero!

February 9, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
  17. Tarek Dawoud

Hi Andreson,

Thank you very much for your honest, brave and accurate reporting on Egypt. I have really grown very fond of your reporting during the past two weeks, starting from your brave performance in front of the thugs to your refusal to mince words or be on the fence with words like "alledged" and "seemingly" but instead calling it out as it is, that these are hired good and rent-a-mob groups, not people with a cause. I have been VERY impressed with CNN's correspondents as well, excellent job over all.

Regards,
    Tarek

February 9, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
  18. Omar

I am an Egyptian living abroad,28 years old and have watched the events closely through cnn, bbc, al jazeera... but facebook has been my most accurate source so far. My freinds and family in Egypt updating me every few minutes, some of those were there since the 25th and others only went to tahrir yesterday. All of them give me the same feedback: We feel free for the very first time, its like a carnaval or festival, there is singing, chanting, dancing, stand up comedy and even free haircuts!. That is the essence of our dream, and our revolution. It's not about creating an islamist country or attacking israel as many have portrayed it like FOX news. CNN's coverage is great and spot on and I was so sad when I saw you beaten and harassed by "president" mubarak's thugs. Egypt is one of the safest places on earth and to see foreigners fleeing the country and fearfull for their lives made me sick to my stomach! But I just want to say thank you for your reporter ethics and determination to show the truth. On behalf of the Egyptian people I apologize for what you were subjected to. Finally, thank you for making the first report on the revolution without mentioning the muslim brotherhood, this isnt about religion or ideaologies. Once again... Thank you.

February 9, 2011 at 3:17 pm |
  19. sandyman

Great work Anderson. I am glad that you are safe after the attack by Mubarak thugs.

Keep up the excellent work, we are all behind you.

February 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm |
  20. Sara

Hi Andreson,
    In the last few months I grew admiring your show, your sincerity and how you covered Egypt with heart. At lunch time I was browsing the bibliography of professor Ajami because you host him every evening, I got curios. Only to find out that he supported the war on Iraq. He actually advised and influenced the Bush administration of the war on Iraq….then 3 years later; he stated it’s not a failure. How about Abu graib or Black water stories, or the number of deaths that keep rising? I was sick to my stomach couldn’t eat my lunch, went to my meeting nailing every one. Until one employee asked what they can do to make my afternoon better. I asked each and every one to cancel their CNN subscription and my director seconded my opinion. So we closed the curtains my friend. Good luck!

February 9, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
  21. Sherif Badawy

"Thank you" will never be enough Anderson...
    You did a lot for our revolution to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will, you understood the lies and playbook of corrupted government in 2 weeks, you were in danger with all mubarak's mobs hitting you cause you just wanna be honest and now you keep helping us to have our great country "Egypt" as a shinning star in the sky of freedom...Never give up and you said "Fear has been defeated,there is no turning back"

February 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm |
  22. Carina

I would be very curious about the Egyptian state medias, how are they doing now after the shooting of the reporter.

Ben Wedeman might be reading the local newspapers and he could assess their truthfulness right now.

February 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm |
  23. Pamela

Anderson Cooper, is the definition of a true
    journalist.

February 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm |
  24. Rashid

Now that's reporting !!! thanks AC, God bless you.
    America deserves to know the truth.

February 9, 2011 at 12:16 pm |
  25. omar

Thanks for keeping the spotlight on Tahrir Square even after you came back.

February 9, 2011 at 11:46 am |
  26. ann fitzgerald

I wholeheartedly support your continued good work in covering one of the most important potentially paradigm shifting events of our time.
    Keep shining the light on...and pulling the curtain from...

February 9, 2011 at 11:08 am |
  27. Ghada

I would like to express my thanks to A. Cooper for his honest reporting, and insight. I have grown to re-love my country and my people again since the protests. Mubarak Regime succeeded for 30 years to make us Egyptians feel like guests in the country that they own, filling us all with apathy. Today, Muslim, Christian, rich, poor, men, and women in liberation square have a new sense of pride and of respect for one another. We will never go back to the way things were. We have seen the truth. We have seen the ugliness of the regime and we will not waver on our demand. "The people demand the removal of the regime"

February 9, 2011 at 10:16 am |
  28. David

Keep up this sterling work Anderson.It is unbelievably powerful and refreshing to hear words of absolute truth coming from a news reporter,no agenda,no filtering through some vested interests desiring to colour the news a certain way,just pure truth.You are clearly aligned in feeling to what is being born in Tahrir Square and it is inspiring to see and hear those people and yourself tell it like it is.This revolution is the beginning of a new era and my feeling is that it will sweep the world.I live in Ireland and yet totally resonate with the brave people in Tahrir Square,we've all had enough of corruption and fear and inequality economically and they're doing this peacefully.These are extraordinary and historical times and you are the man to report on them. THANK YOU.

February 9, 2011 at 9:57 am |
  29. Amin Khalifa

Anderson,
    As an Egyptian-American who's family was driven out of Egypt by Nasser, I was very gratified by your comments last night about the duplicity of the government. The new vice president, Suleiman, is another thug from the same regime. I was glad you pointed out that as the press covers his making nice with the opposition and promising a return to Democracy, the government still arrests peaceful protesters and continues to spread lies through the State controlled press, denigrating the Egyptian patriots in Tahrir Square. The US must recognize the revolution in Egypt is very much like ours, several centuries ago. The Egyptian people deserve a democracy and the same freedoms we enjoy, even if that means they won't always agree with our future policies. A democratic Middle East will ultimately be a more reliable and steadfast ally to the US since they would share many of our values. Anderson, good for you, for your excellent opening commentary to your show yesterday!

February 9, 2011 at 9:56 am |
  30. Mark

It angers me that President Obama does not stand up and call a spade a spade. Mubarak is an evil man, as is the new vice president, Suleman.

"During times of deceit, telling the truth becmes a revolutionary act." George Orwell.

It's time for Obama to stand up and tell the truth. And stop sending murdering evil men billions of dollars.

February 9, 2011 at 9:43 am |
  31. salma

Thank you Anderson for standing on the side of justice.Thank you so much for letting the voices of my Egyptian Heroes back home heard everywhere.

February 9, 2011 at 9:05 am |
  32. Eslah Ahmed

Thank you Mr. Cooper for your honest broadcast from and about Egypt, In behalf of all Egyptians
    I truly thank you for showing the corrupet Egyptian goverment for what they really are, I just hope that our American Goverment learn from you and be in the side of freedom and democracey.

February 9, 2011 at 9:03 am |
  33. Samar Ata

Thank you Anderson for being honest and transparent! And by this you are helping Egypt and the Egyptian people walk to freedom!

What the world has failed to realize that Mubarak and Company have brain washed the West and made them believe that the real threat is the people, for them to keep banking all the aid coming into the country.

The US has to realize it has been tricked by Mubarak and Company, and the Egyptian people Muslims and Christians have always lived together and still are. Always loved each other and supported each other. What the world have seen in Tahrir square from people of different faith protecting each other is the norm not the odd picture out!

The US and the west will live better and safer when the middle east has democracy, and when people represent themselves.

I have always asked myself Why Saddam and not Mubarrak?

Tahrir square has showed the world the real Egypt, no reading between the lines please, no deep analysis of what if! Support Egypt and It will be a better ally! If my friend is supporting me and helping me why walk away?

An American Egyptian who loves both countries, and proud to belong to both!!

February 9, 2011 at 8:30 am |
  34. ashraf

Those people were taught to live under oppression and not only accept it, but they had to say thank you as well. They finally got the chance to scream, whether it's heard or not... still questionable. Please keep your great coverage Anderson, you're a voice they definitely need right now.

February 9, 2011 at 7:45 am |
  35. a omran

Thank you Anderson, and always thank you. If searching for freedom in the bloodbath is heroic, your coverage was no less. It is Egypt at its best and you at yours. I hope it will be inspiring for freedom for generations to come. I'm Egyptian and the night before this I was like you uncertain about the destiny of the revolution, however in few hours they changed this to be the revolution of destinies.

February 9, 2011 at 5:04 am |
  36. Jen

As an American citizen who has lived in Egypt for approx. 20 years, I unfortunately agree with many of the new Vice President’s comments but I’ll focus on one. Egypt is not yet ready for democracy. If Mubarak were to step down today, the Constitution requires an election in 60 days, which Egypt is not ready for. No groups, including the Muslim Brotherhood, have strong leaders or viable candidates. While El Baridai is inspirational and certainly a revolutionary leader, many Egyptians view him as out of touch with his people because he has lived out of the country for so long. As a result, the military will step in. (Which I believe Suleman was referencing in his veiled police tool threat) If the military steps in, we will not live in a police state, we will live in a military state. The military will be unchecked. Whose to say they will even allow democracy once they get power?

February 9, 2011 at 4:44 am |
  37. Jay PH

Anderson Cooper, you are rocking it. I haven't seen legit news like this on CNN for way too long. This is how the news is supposed to be, speak truth to power. Keep it going.

February 9, 2011 at 3:23 am |
  38. Hussein

Stunning, unbelievable, ... etc
    You are a great advocate to the Egyptians.
    You are changing the face of western media for good.

February 9, 2011 at 3:03 am |
  39. Fathy salama

After the press conference of the Egyptian vice president yesterday. In which he expressed that the governement will not allow the demonstrations to continue. I would like to very high possibility that thenpresent regime could organize an event to justify using brutal force to stop the demonstrations. This could range from a bombing envolving then death of many people from demonstrators , could be in Taurus square. Or an attack somewhere. The regime is known for such actions. Especiallynthe deputy was head on intelligence. I am highlighting this possibility and many Egyptian share the same worries. By the way arrests are still going on in Egypt. This regime is willing to do anything to keep it standing. Don't believe the scarecrow of Islamic brotherhood, don't ge scared from the seen of Muslims praying in millions in tharis square, for the majority of Egyptian prayingnis like doing sport regularly , when you don't do it one day you feel guilty. Egyptians weather Muslims or kopt are believers and not extreemist. And also Egyptians dontwant wars anymore. They just want Palestinians to live a repectafull life in their country. Is rail is a fact and Egyptians had accepted this fact , sure there are always people in and country who have radical ideas, but this is way way far from being the majority. But the most important is to warn you of the tolls ofnthe regime that they might be using soon, especially after the press conference yasterday

February 9, 2011 at 1:51 am |
  40. Aziz

The US should unequivically support the plight of the Egyptian people. It's been two weeks and the will of the people is clear. The us should not take a wait and see approach anymore for fear that the outcome is not favorable. Egyptians love America and will appreciate the position it takes now. I am an Egyptian and I know that we are reasonable people and understand world politics.

February 9, 2011 at 1:41 am |
  41. Dr. Monem Alyaser

Anderson,

You are a hero! You are doing an amazing job covering the Egyptian revolution. The Egyptian and the rest of the Arab people will forever be in debt to you for making this concerted effort to show the truth about the Egyptian and Arab people. You are showing the American people that Arabs are seeking and deserve to live free just like the rest of the people on earth.

February 9, 2011 at 1:16 am |
  42. yasmin

Mubarak and Omar Suiman are the head and tail of a coin. Remember freedom lover Egyptians ..white house is not red house for you. Democracy and freedom will prevail and Anderson Cooper will be a milestone of this revolution

February 9, 2011 at 12:49 am |
  43. Nancy

Anderson,
    Thx for your great reporting and willingness to put yourself at risk. Now's the time, while discussing the Egyptian government's unjust practices, toward their own people and toward reporters, to talk about the U.S.'s 'extraordinary rendition' of Guantanamo or other prisoners to Egypt, for 'interrogation'/torture....
    Please, let's be nationally self-critical while being prophetically critical of Egypt.
    N

February 8, 2011 at 11:48 pm |
  44. Mary

I'm Egyptian and I really want to thank you Anderson for showing the truth and not giving up on us yet! please keep an eye on what's going on..the international media is a huge asset that we just can't afford to loose right now! The Egyptian regime is so sneaky and they're continuing to do what they do best "lying", thinking that the whole is stupid!!
    You're awesome...thank you so much!

February 8, 2011 at 11:46 pm |