February 8th, 2011
  1. Salwa I Morsi

Dear Anderson,
    I'm American /Egyptian woman living in NY, I was watching you on tv every night reporting from Cairo and said to myself thank God that there are still honest brave men like you to introduce the true picture about what is happening in Egypt I also saw what happened to you there from Mubark's thugs but nothing stood on your way to show the whole world how horrible and terrifying this regime is ,I watch you now on CNN and you have the same enthusiasm and courage to stand by the free Egyptians People who are endangering their lives to get rid of an ugly ,retarded,brutal regime that is still thinking with the middle ages mentality fighting on the backs of camels and horses.
    Your help meant a lot and your sincere coverage made a big difference
    Our gratitude, respect and appreciation from all Egyptians to you

February 8, 2011 at 11:22 pm |
  2. Inaam Eltigani

Well said Anderson about Egyptian people which shows honesty of your AndersonCooper 360 program. Egyptian are not lying and it is not a coincidence to rise and ddemonstrate. they suffered a lot from Mubarak. This is the time for them to speak and have changes.

February 8, 2011 at 11:19 pm |
  3. Frank Menard

I believe the white haired Egyptian gentleman whom Anderson has been interviewing should run for President of Egypt. He would be a shoo-in.
    Also Mubarak is now extremely wealthy thanks to The USA who have been paying vast amounts for his support.

February 8, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  4. Doris

Emergency powers need to be lifted and the news reporters and human rights activists must be released along with the citizens that they are holding in their prisons.Reforms to the Police and secret police have to be initiated immediately and an end to torture now, not tomorrow!

February 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  5. Eden Perry

Anderson, A million thanks for your courage and fantastic reporting. How would we know about the inspiring Egyptian people without you and your fellow journalists and camera crew. Please don't let our govt. officials taint your stories with their spin.

Keep up the great reporting. You are truly a professional.

Sincerely, Eden

February 8, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  6. Mehran Hadipour

The commentators that highlight Muslem brotherhood participation as a requirment for democracy in Egypt are making a big mistake. An Islamic based govement in Egypt will be much worse for democacy as the current regim.

February 8, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
  7. Tim Gibson

Do we believe in all honesty that our own leadership would not act much like that in Egypt in an uprising. Let us look back to our own college campus at Kent State when our military opened fire on protestors. Wrong is wrong and transparency is as murky as the lack of transparency we ourselves find in our leadership. The middle east is a tinder box set to burst into flame through out the middle east and we fed the leadership of Egypt in a sick pay off for "friends" who might or might not bend an ear or hand in our direction. We cannot blame the regime when we...meaning our leadership....encouraged it by looking the other way much like they continue to look the other way here on the home front. Protest will spread even across oceans and seas and no leadership during these times remains innocent or free from the wave that is coming.

February 8, 2011 at 5:37 pm |
  8. Hanna

Dear Anderson,
    I was and am so proud of your honest reporting. I can see now that you among other journalist found out what the Arab people in the entire Arab countries feel and suffer. Please do not let the Egyptian people down. Now you are their voice to the world, you can be the hero of the Egyptian freedom and democracy seeking people. Do not let the Egyptian regime slaughter these great young people who are not seeking but their freedom and democracy the least of what we enjoy here in our great country. By now you and billions around the world know that if this innocent revolution does not succeed tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of these young people will vanish. I beg you and all the honest journalists of the free world to keep the pressure on and keep covering this unprecedented uprising. Hold all our politicians and officials honest. Though they do not like our administration’s sometimes double standard, most of the Arab people (over 85% of the 330 plus million) love the American people (I lived 38 out of my 63 years living in several Arab countries, I know how they feel, I was one of them).

Do not let our United States do to the Egyptians what it did to the Iraqis under false unfounded reasons and excuses. Please don’t.

Here is something to you and all the world to think about:
    Mubarak never appointed a vice president till now because he was scared that as Sadat did to Abdul Nasser and He Mubarak did to Sadat , his vice president will do to him......

Hanna

February 8, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  9. Ahmed El-Haggan

Anderson,
    I used to watch your AC360 show couple of times a week. I always admired your integrity, dedication, and professionalism. Since your Egypt coverage, I watched every minute of it. Yesterday show was the top. I felt your passion, I saw the anger in your eyes, and I heard the authentic sincere concerns about the Egyptian youth fate in your voice, and I took notice of your committment to the cause. I recorded your program and made sure that all my family listens to.

As an American/Egyptian, thank you very much for your courage, keeping them honest, showing the world the truth about what is going on in Egypt, and the much better understanding of the world of Egypt. I love and respect the reporting of all CNN team in Egypt.You are heros. Your reporting is as much effective as the protestors chants.
    Note:
    I do not think you got time to get an Egyptian gift. I am honored to offer you a small gift. I will send it to your office at CNN.

February 8, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  10. Samya

Hi anderson, I saw your program last night. You totally get it, totally. You are not only the Egyptian people voice, you are also their heart. God bless you, and thank you so much.
    Ma'a El Salama.

February 8, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  11. David Hutchison

Today while listening to Ashraf Laidi (London currency trader) talk about the Egyption Pound, Ashraf made a comment about tremendous amounts of Egyption Pounds moving to off-shore banks.

I am encouraged to think "The Powerful" are perhaps working to "Loot and Run".

Anderson, thank you so much for not letting the plight of the Egyption people fade away.

February 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
  12. Tom McNamara

Anderson Cooper's kind of coverage in the Egypt situation is nothing short of extraordinary and courageous. It's eesential to the survival and freedom of people in Egypt and everywhere.

February 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm |