February 1st, 2011
  1. michael lines

please define democracy and leave equal out of the equation!!!!!!!!

February 1, 2011 at 10:57 pm |
  2. michael lines

this latest developement only proves one thing the world will soon end due to the poisened minds of the powerful another hitler!!!!!!! may mubarak rot in the frozen hell of Egyptian soil. This is democracy???????????? I guess i read the wrong dictionary.

February 1, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  3. aliceNYC

Ok.... you have to give it to this guy for his stubborness.... but I would want to ask the people who do they think will manage the country now if he just left.... it can be worse until elections. Who do they see that can come in and take power until elections? Who is campaigning for that position right now? If he walked out with his cabinet the country can fall into really bad hands and their allies may not be able to help them. Someone must be campaigning who is it? And will the majority agree for now?

February 1, 2011 at 9:40 pm |
  4. David

This is not the case everywhere!!!!! Watch "the Egyptian channel". Many want Mubarak to stay!! Don't leave that out of the picture!! They are chanting "Mubarak! Mubarak! Will not leave!"

February 1, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
  5. Amanda

I am completely dumb-founded by Mubarak's actions. For the past thirty years he has squashed any attempt for opposition parties to form. If he had not done so, perhaps today America and other concerned countries around the world would be more confident in a smooth transition to democracy by someone other than the oppressor. By Mubarak and America suggesting that Mubarak should stay president until the next election to ensure a smooth transition to democracy it is like punishing the Egyptian people all over again. If Mubarak had not oppressed the people's right to form political parties there wouldnt be as much fear as there is now. I have faith in the Egyptian people and their ability to lead a transition to democracy without Mubarak. HE NEEDS TO LEAVE NOW! In my opinion he should be arrested. After thirty years of lying and corruption we egyptians dont trust him. And my advice to america would be to stop giving egypt aid as long as mubarak is there.

February 1, 2011 at 8:18 pm |
  6. Mohamed

I really resent all those against Mubarak’s speech and I label them as pure hypocrites for claiming they are unable to wait till September for the man to retreat gracefully especially that those same people were able to wait for 30 yrs to see some signs of hope and change and now they are unable to wait a few months!! Well to me Mubarak has taken strong steps in the past 4 days to grant him a decent bow out of power and not only for his good but for the good of Egypt that power is to be transited calmly and waste haste to the coming right figure who can really achieve the hope of people for real reform and change as we all want it

February 1, 2011 at 8:14 pm |
  7. Samya

I am very angry too. Mubarak had 30 years to correct his mistakes.
    These "reforms" he is talking about not because he kind hearted, or he has a moral conscience, on the contrary it is simply because people twisted his arm. It took Mubarak 30 years to have a vice president, and all because he wants his not so bright son to inherit the presidency. I think Mubarak is a liar, a thief ,a bully, and can't be trusted. He stole the Egyptian children milk money , and needs to go.
    Down with Mubarak, and Egypt will prevail.
    Thanks