February 1st, 2011
  1. rano

Thank you for your hard work and the coverage,I ask everybody to pray for Egypt.I am worried because it is not just the president that needs to be changed, the culture also need to get modified , a new (civil non religious)constitution should be put and enforced and I don't see that coming.

February 2, 2011 at 1:12 am |
  2. Catherine Barrow

Gasp!

Anderson, get outta there! This is only scratching the surface...depending on how America responds, and what support or lack there of they will give, may result in retaliation ..if not from the Egpytian people, it will come in another form, in the near future, hold onto your seats America, the extremists don't mess around...God Bless America....

February 1, 2011 at 9:09 pm |
  3. Sue

I believe that the us failed on this one situation in the mid east because of the security of israel.

February 1, 2011 at 7:58 pm |
  4. Ilhamy William

I had a big lump in my throat and ache in my heart. I noticed two things this afternoon. First I noticed the army capturing several protestors who didn't look threatening, then later I heard how several news media started to tone down the Egyptian protestors, even challenging them and in their emotional strive and poor English sounded as if they don’t know what they want.
    Mubarak has pulled the wool AGAIN over the international eyes, he is buying time to do what he is good at, round up Egyptians that disagree with him; they disappear after a while, and smile at the international world portraying he is in control.
    No change will happen; probability of status quo is 75%. He brought in a worst leadership, more cronies to rob and pilferage Egypt, another round of THUGS with a heavy hand and NO ethics, compassion or morals.
    GOD be with the poor, kind, hungry Egyptians ... SO SAD!

February 1, 2011 at 7:18 pm |
  5. Claudia, Houston, Tx

I don't want to hear John McCain or any other Republican give their opinion about what President Obama should do about Egypt because in this country alone when the Tea Party carried guns, hung racial posters against our President the Republicans did or said nothing.

February 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
  6. Andrew

I am so glad Anderson Cooper is in Egypt talking to civilians to show us a glimpse of the reality in that country.

February 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm |
  7. Helene

I am so excited for the Egyptian people for standing up for their rights. Everyone in the world should have the same rights that we have as U.S. citizens. It will be such a great feeling when all Egyptians finally have freedom. This dictatorship has lasted far too long. I am waiting for the moment when Mubarak will leave or be overthrown. I hope that very soon a new president will be in place and there will finally be a democratic government.

February 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm |
  8. David Davidson

I'll remember that soldiers look of pure terror for the rest of my days.

February 1, 2011 at 1:58 pm |