December 20th, 2010

Pedophilia Advocate Under Arrest: Join the Live Chat

Tonight, the author who advocates pedophilia is in jail. Philip Greaves, arrested at his home, today, in Pueblo Colorado. Deputies from Polk County Florida crossing the country to bust him. The charge, obscenity, after they say he sold them a copy, purportedly his last copy, an autographed copy, of his book, "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-lover's Code of Conduct." We'll bring you all the details & tonight's headlines.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

P.S. BTW Good night Randi!

December 20, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Brandon

So now we're criminalizing someone's constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech? And across state lines? Does Florida not have enough problems within their own state, so now they are actively seeking high-profile targets from elsewhere? This is nothing more than a political stepping stone for an eager D.A. in Florida.

The book's subject may be distasteful, but your solution is NOT to buy it. Don't start limiting freedoms because your uncomfortable with what others may do with them.

December 20, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Emily

Good night Dr. Gupta, 360°Team, Jo Ann, David, Megan, Nancy, Nicole, Gloria, Casey, Starr, & Bloggers!

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Sharon Hastings

Good night everyone. Sleep well and stay safe. The Senator is Ridiculous!!

Thank you Sanjay and 360 for a good program.

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Can't wait see Lunar Eclipse tonight!!!:)

Good night Sanjay,(Anderson), Megan, Susan, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, (Danie), Lori, (Adelaide), Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha,others and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!
    That's so silly I like ridiculist Senator Joe Manchin , LOL! So funny Sanjay, Thanks Sanjay!!!!

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Emily

I bet he gets re-elected if he runs again.

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you Sanjay & Team 360 for another great show. Good night too.

Good night fellow writers-great blog.
    I wish everyone a safe and peaceful tomorrow.

The Rediculist! Love it! Perhaps Sen. Manchin did not want to be on the record for his vote.
    Sanjay, excellent commentary to Sen. Manchin!!

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Lori

Good night Everyone! Sweet dreams!

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Sue R. Canton MI.

Goodnight AC360Team and fellow bloggers.
    Good show tonight Dr Sanjay Gupta.

Ridiculist=DADT was still passed without the help of Sen Joe Manchin

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Kenya

Poor excuse from the Senator Manchin.

December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  11. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Good Job tonight Dr. Samjay! You always make it interesting! Peace on earth ~

December 20, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Marie Wilson - Pottsville, PA

I think that Michael Vick should be able to own a dog again someday. He paid his dues and perhaps didn't think it was wrong, because he saw it growing up and thought it was ok. I find it interesting that people would remove their names from the Humane Society because they are backing him to get the dog. I think the President of the Humane Society backing him is a brilliant strategy, because who better than the Humane Society to show him the way to being a wonderful pet owner. To bad there isn't someone around to teach us all how to be better less judgemental forgiving people.

December 20, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  13. Yusuf "Andrew" Akyol

@Mike Grissom as we have all heard the expression, "knowledge is empowerment" the concern I have is for the preventive measures Amazon could have taken. They had the opportunity to stop the sales of this book and didn't do so until there was enough outside pressure. What does that say or tell us about Amazon, about pedophiles, about how many people were purchasing this book, etc.etc. Now someone who quite possibly only fantasized has acted. I know that I will never use Amazon again and I will inform every person that I know the story and reason why I will no longer endorse Amazon

December 20, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  14. Jack in Newfoundland Canada

Where I live, if you skip a vote, you are impeached, yes you are out!! You have to vote one way or another!!

December 20, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  15. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Hello Randi Kaye! good to see you tonight! you are the best!

December 20, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@Nina, re: Amazon taking responsibility for selling pedophie book.
    I think i will contact them to tell them why i am boycotting their site and ask them to make a comment re: publishing of that book!

December 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  17. Jo Ann, Ohio

Good night Sanjay and bloggers Emily, Mike, Starr, Nicole, Nancy in Oregon, and Megan.

December 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  18. Jack in Newfoundland Canada

If we can't trust our inspectors, no matter where we live, who can we trust?? Afterall, we take our food home from the market, prepare it and eat it without a second thought. Now everone is thinking. Should we be leaving it up to somebody else to determine chemical content etc? Guess we don't have a choice!

December 20, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  19. Starr, formerly known as vincent

I havenot seen the new bill re: food regulation. I truly hope that it does Not hurt the samll farms, especially organic, we need them.

@RobN66- point taken on the FLA arrest re: the purhcase the of pedophilia book, thank you for your response.

December 20, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  20. Emily

@Jo Ann,
    "Vick is using Pacelle and the HSUS to try to repair his reputation."
    I'm surprised that the HSUS is actually going along with Vick. He seems to be using his children/family now also. I don't think that Vick is sincere. When he gave that reason, it was really weak for me.

December 20, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  21. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

We agree Megan!

December 20, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  22. Sue R. Canton MI.

There are thousands of food born illnesses that have been reported. I'm sure that it's doubled when you think of all the cases that haven't been reported. It's scary when you think of what could happen should our food and water get into the hands of the wrong people.

December 20, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  23. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good point, Sue from Syracuse!!!!!!!!!

December 20, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  24. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

I am with you Sue. Beck has twisted off!

December 20, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  25. Sharon Hastings

Our food and water should be safe and we should do the best we can to make sure it is. But I agree that it is impossible to monitor all food sources, water supply somewhat easier. The problem is we aren't sure yet how much of what chemicals constitute a risk. Seems like there shouldn't be ANY Chromium 6 in water though as it is a known carcinogen.

December 20, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  26. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Thank goodness the government is involved in food control. Not so long ago we did not have fresh produce and foods from all over the world at our fingertips. We are very fortunate but we must use caution.

December 20, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  27. Sue from Syracuse

Hi, I had to come back when I saw Beck spewing anti-government shtuff!
    I am glad the food related bill passed.
    Cancer rate is on the increase in the U.S. and we have to find out what is going on. In the meanwhile, the food-related information is needed. FDA needs the ability to recall foods. Just today, we found that there are some discernable level of carcenogen in drinking water. So, there is a lot that government can do to improve to protect the masses. So, Glenn Beck – sit down!

December 20, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  28. Starr, formerly known as vincent

I am relieved that the monitoring of possible disease and death from food could be restored.
    Under Pres. Bush, the funds for regulation and follow up on food safety was dramatically cut. To the point where virtually nothing was able to be monitorred.
    I have suffered foot poisoningmore than once. Believe me, you don't ever want to get that sick.

December 20, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  29. Jo Ann, Ohio

@Emily, "Didn't Michael Vick also say that he "didn't know that dog-fighting was wrong, because no one told me"? How could anyone think that it is?"

I agree. Vick is using Pacelle and the HSUS to try to repair his reputation.

December 20, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  30. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX
    Michael Vick does not deserve to play football much less own a dog. Adsurd!

Yup, I agree with you, Betty Ann.

December 20, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  31. Jo Ann, Ohio

Vick should tell his daughter what he did to those dogs.

December 20, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  32. Emily

@Jo Ann,
    I'm really surprised that the Humane Society has taken the stand that they have.

December 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  33. Sue R. Canton MI.

I agree that Michael Vick is grounded right now and hes not suppose to have a dog. But I don't think his children should have to be denied from owning a dog because of what he did. If Mr Vick is ever allowed to own a dog again I'm sure he will be closely watched.

December 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  34. Meg

I watched the segment tonight, ... I agree w/FL. it was right to arrest this man – anyone who believes otherwise should check themselves. We need to be leaders in ethics, that means advocating the right path for our laws, which are clearly not meant to protect a man such as this. ... There's no gray area here, a book such as this is (or should be) against the law.

December 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  35. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Michael Vick does not deserve to play football much less own a dog. Adsurd!

December 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  36. Starr, formerly known as vincent

I continue to have reservations re: Michael Vick having a dog.
    However, since he has been working with the Humane Society (?), perhaps if he takes in a shelter dog, and is monitored, he could learn to be good to an animal.
    I don't know if you can teach or learn compassion, but is suspect Vick's family, especially his children, could appreciate and love a rescue dog.
    Perhaps we should give him, and especially his children a chance.

December 20, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  37. Nina

Excellent strategy... "a mix of prevention as well as prosecution" Both sides are important

December 20, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  38. Emily

December 20, 2010 at 10:38 pm |
  39. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I don't think Michael Vick take that dogs or puppies as well, And I don't want him to play NFL at all. I agree with Jo Ann.

December 20, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  40. Nina

I see no problem with Michael Vic owning a dog in 2012. As long he is not involved with Dog fighting again!

December 20, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
  41. Lori

He should get monitored visits with a pet.

December 20, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  42. Jo Ann, Ohio

I am also going to call the Humane Society and take my name off of their mailing list.

I used to respect Pacelle, but not any longer. He is a traitor to animals.

December 20, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  43. Emily

@Sharon Hastings,
    "I'm glad there is a forum where people can speak out and say "this isn't acceptable, isn't normal, and it IS harmful""
    I agree with you!! It really is hard for me to believe that anyone would think that it would be 'Okay' in anyway whatsoever.

December 20, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  44. Lori

There are many chemicals in the water we drink. The EPA sets standards for thresholds of hazardous exposure for these chemicals. If the levels of chemicals test below thresholds then they are not considered hazardous to our health.

December 20, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  45. Starr, formerly known as vincent

@JoAnn- although i must say i am glad that Obama has gotten so much accomplished, i agree with you...let's wait another year to see how he performs.

December 20, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  46. Sharon Hastings

@Starr: re whether it's a crime to write How To books on any crime. People unfortunately have written books on How To makes bombs, murder people, poison people, rob banks, you name it. I don't think to my knowledge that they were arrested for that. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not a proponent of this pedophile book whatsoever, just siting examples of what may or may not constitute free speech.

December 20, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  47. Jerry

I believe this entire discussion of carcinogens in tap water is a mute point. The EPA has a great deal of regulatory power when it comes to tap water. Rather, we should be talking about the failure of the FDA to properly regulate bottled water and nutritional supplements. We don't even know whats in many of those products.

December 20, 2010 at 10:33 pm |
  48. James (pronounced Jame Us)

Sanjay – another reporter today ( I think the health lady) said that when she checked re the EPA regulations that they actually still trying to come up with the guidelines on the Chromium-6 – check it out – I think her name is Elizabeth and she's on with Tony this morning – thanks

December 20, 2010 at 10:33 pm |