November 29th, 2010

The Birthers are Back: Join the Live Chat

The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected a case about President Obama's citizenship, but a Texas lawmaker isn't listening. He has a new bill based on birther doubts about where Mr. Obama was born. How does he reconcile his birther beliefs against the facts? We're keeping him honest. Plus, tonight's other headlines.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Lori

I really like Anderson's explanation on why not God.

November 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  2. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson & Team 360 for another great show – good night too.

Good night fellow writters.
    I wish you all a safe and peaceful day tomorrow.
    God bless Leslie Neilson.
    REdiculist: great segment! I can't believe Steve cursed out God! LOL beyone belief, even with the retraction.

November 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  3. Libby

He thinks God has a Twitter account? Redic-u-list for sure!

November 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  4. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Lordy, Lordy, I guess God does not like the loosing team? It would be funny if it weren't so, well, ridiculous!

November 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  5. Emily

Oh Sure! God had nothing better to do!!

Good night Anderson, 360°Team, Jo Ann, David, Megan, Nancy, Nicole, Gloria, Casey, Starr, & Bloggers!

November 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  6. Janis

Goodnight everyone. Steve Johnson, God just wanted the other team to win.

November 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Leslie Neilsen was my favor actor, He was so funny man I have movie "Airplane"

Good night Anderson, Megan, Susan, Jane, Martina, Nicole, Kim, Emily, Gloria, Mike, Casey, Milan, Vivan, Gabriela, Cessy, Paula, Isabel, David-Indiana, JoAnn, Monica, Kathy, Jane, Gayle, Renee, Caroline, (Danie), Lori, (Adelaide), Heather, BettyAnn, Starr, Sharon, A. Smith, Devin, Karin, Dulcie, Michael, Karen, Miranda, Sree, Nancy, Sue, Kenya, Libby, Nina, Samantha,others and my friend Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!
    See you tomorrow night, Have a great night & Sleep tight everyone!!!

Anderson,
    See you tomorrow..... Have a plenty good sleep & rest.

November 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  8. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Oh God....(sigh)

November 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  9. Lisa in Louisville

I didn't know God even had a computer let alone Twitter!

November 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  10. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I love slapstick humor. Take my wife...please.

November 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Heather - Spokane, WA

Leslie Nielsen was so funny, anything he did was great. God gets to have another person to make him laugh

November 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Michael - Huntington Beach, CA.

I loved the debates and reporting tonight on President Obama's citizenship and repealing the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy! Anderson Cooper and AC360 knew all the facts and did another outstanding job bringing these stories to the viewers! Thanks sooo much for your great work!!

November 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  13. Lori

Will he ever forgive himself or God?

November 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  14. Emily

80% of the killings and he's caught! Great. Do they think that someone is going to fill his shoes?

Too bad about Leslie Nielsen...great one-liners.
    Also, the director of Star-Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. RIP to both of them.

November 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  15. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Shame on him; he should get on his knees and think God that he even has breath in his body to play some game. That game does not mean anything to God, but he does!

November 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Paula, Colorado

Anderson, I hope you have safe trip to San Diego. I enjoyed your 60 Minutes report on Afghanistan last night. Great program tonight!

November 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  17. Patrick

these tunnels are nothing new along the border towns to mexico. even thought this on was discovered, please dont think there arent hundreds of them actively being used. the bad guys are still out smarting the good guys! but good job to those who found this one, keep up the good work!

November 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  18. Sharon Hastings

I guess these elaborate tunnels don't surprise me at all considering the huge money that is to be made from Americans buying their drugs.

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  19. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Interesting show tonight. Aside from the great news stories, it was very entertaining.

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  20. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Great show! Thanks for the "real" news Anderson!

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  21. Deirdre Hep

Welcome back Anderson yeah!!!We missed you. Berman said yes, when asked are there other reasons he does not like the President. Let me guess.(Mmmmm let me guess r–e) All I can say is, some of these old political timers, need a serious time out. Come on, with all the fact checking on the President's birth certificate presented, the man continues to dispute the facts. I truly believe, if he saw the authentic certificate, he would call that a fake as well. Come on Berman, what's really going on?

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  22. Dolly

Anderson, I like you and your integrity but you went down in that rickety looking hole in the ground built for transporting drugs, very elaborate I must say? That looked really dangerous for you. You could have just slowly lowered a camera, I would have believed you just the same and knowing you were safer would have made me feel far more relaxed looking at you being lowered. Take care. You do a great job with everything.

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  23. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Good night Emily, Mike, Starr, Nancy in Oregon, Nicole, and Megan.

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  24. Deborah

when are we going to stop people from these terrorist countries FROM entering ouR country?

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  25. Jehanne

OMGoodness the things that people go through to break the law. Now if they used that same energy for something good. How awesome would the world be.

November 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  26. T.MONIK

Anything to keep Obama down...it's just a big ole' conspiracy! He can't run the country right for trying to watch his back 24/7!!! DANG!

November 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  27. Brian Courville

this most definately, will not be known as the Age of Reason.

November 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  28. Lori

More drug leaders have been captured recently.

November 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  29. Emily

@Libby,
    It looked and sounded really eerie; that tight spot, yet the old creaky elevator. That seemed much worse to me.

November 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  30. Karen from NY

Hi AC, Back in 2008 there were more pressing question sort of ignored by most of the media. Birthers? I think what you aired this evening was incredible-the proof-in plain sight,if you will, at least according to what I have on my b.c. But, we'll never know.

November 29, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  31. Jehanne

Hello Anderson,

I think that video was really funny. It also had good timing from that other piece in regards to Obama being a natural borned American or not.

November 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  32. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Oh Geez~ That is one of my pet peeves when people pray to win a game at sports. Does God play sports? That IS ridiculous!

November 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  33. Ivy

Anderson good job for keeping congressman Berman honest. People like him do not want to know the the truth because of their agenda behind their lies. How do we end up electing ignorant people like him? Only in America.

November 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  34. Libby

Anderson must not be claustrophobic. I wouldn't want to go down in that tunnel! :p

November 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  35. thomas from gretna ne

wow he was ready to kill children and familys. I can't beleave whe didn't know about this tunnle until now.

November 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  36. Emily

didn't you feel claustrophobic on there Anderson?

November 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  37. Nick Reems

I wonder how his lawyer feels about claiming entrapment? I would have told him to plead guilty.

November 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  38. Dolly

I am also curious as someone mentioned McCain being born in Panama I had read about. Does it matter where he was born if either of his parents are or were US Citizens?

November 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  39. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Perhaps there should be different standards for naturalizing citizens from high risk countries.

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  40. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Sorry to be late with this but I was listening on Sirius. I'll never understand people like Senator Berman who enlist in the armed forces to defend "our" rights and then turn around and try to tear-down the same people and principles he defended. I'm tired of bitter and mean people who stomp their feet like children (Berman) when they don't get their way. In this case they lost an election. They just can't seem to accept they are not a majority. Another case of a vocal minority (tail) trying to wag the dog.

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  41. Pamela

Hello Everyone,

Everyone living in the US and beyond knows the truth as to why the President is being attacked.
    There are certainly other things to worry about such as why our US youth won't salute the US Flag, in our school system. What has happend to America?

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  42. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I thought Obama told us that Muslims are not terrorists. How does he explain this guy?

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  43. Heather - Spokane, WA

I just don't understand why people turn to mass violence or terrorism, it's puzzling

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  44. Sharon Hastings

Great set up by the FBI. This is one of the things they do best.

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  45. Starr, formerly known as vincent

I truly hope the arrest of this young man in Oregon stands. I hope that "entrapment" will Not be an issue in court.
    It's really disappointing that a naturalized citizen would want to do this at all (women and children not withstanding).
    Excellent report by Randi-Kaye.

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  46. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Another Muslim terrorist. So what else is new?

November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  47. Emily

for someone to think that people jumping from the Twin Towers for their lives (to their death) "is awesome" is just sick!!

November 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  48. Beth

Right after the Nov 2 election a horrible green and white billboard went up in my northern Arizona neighborhood. It says "Where is the Birth Certificate?" and directs you to go to WorldNetDaily which spews more of this type of brainwashing. I would love to exercise my rights of free speech to change what it says. I consider it an outrage!

November 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  49. John

Anderson,
    What did you expect from John McCain. I watched him on State of the Union with Candy. He appears to be a desparate and angry man. Nothing surprises me with him. He sold his soul to get re-elected. Went 180 degrees on his policy positions from the alleged Maverick to taking a hard right position on everything. Either, he really was never a Maverick, or he's so obsessed with power and legacy that he'll take the position that fits the agenda. Funny, how he compares Sarah Palin to President Ronald Reagan. Palin is not fit to shine Reagan's shoes. I guess, he feels that he owes her, since she endorsed him in his re-election bid. But, where has the integrity and the common sense which he appeared to show back in the day. It's sad to see what he has become.

November 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  50. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Wow!!!! That's so scary one I have seen!!!!!!!! Kudos to FBI and Randi!!!!!

Lori,