November 11th, 2010

Amazon Removes Pedophilla Books, Others Remain: Join the Live Chat

Tonight, profiting from pedophilia. After our report last night, Amazon.com finally pulled a controversial how-to book telling pedophiles what they can get away with. This morning, they pulled another pro-pedophilia book by the same author. But as we'll show you tonight, there are any number of similar books with content just as disturbing still being sold on their site.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Dawn Amen

I just watched your show concerning AmazonBooks and their on-going(or so it seems)promotion of pedophilia...it gives new meaning to the phrase,"anything for a buck"..I,for one,will never purchase ANYTHING from amazon..and I find it a terribly sad,and completely sickening example of just how far down in the depthes of muck that our world has sunk!!!People,WAKE UP and look around!!what is wrong with this picture??

November 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  2. Melissa Collins

@Jo Ann, North Royalton

Yes they do, But when ever they are exposed on issues like this they should be held accountable. They need to make their agenda ....The American People, and start working toward making this country better. Do you agree?

November 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  3. Frank

Very Very Bad for the amazon company very illegal not only that but this sorta book would have lead to adults ruining innocent children in the future i watched the guy on anderson show a few minutes ago he is not in his right mind to even want a book as that out very crazy as i said befor illegal , there must be some sort of law this guy broke or somthing even doing this book am i right or i dunno ,, ty your awesome anderson and 360 team

November 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  4. K Smith

Anderson please keep it fair both sides have good and bad!!!!!!!! you are right on about amizon i have closed my account these are our kids!!!!

November 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm |
  5. lisal -canada

if bush published this in his memoir a good number of people would have known it would have an impact and be widely discussed – is it meant to be a distraction topic?

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  6. chari

Pedophiles suffer from a form of mental illness, and like all people suffering from mental illness, they deserve our compassion and concern. But they should NEVER be encouraged by ANYONE in our society to "feed" their illness, especially at the expense of innocent and vulnerable children who are ill-equipped to handle either the short- or long-term consequences of the pedophiles' narcissistic behaviour.

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  7. Joan

Pedophilia is a crime and Amazon is promoting it when they sell these books.

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  8. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Why is anyone surprised? McConnell has always wreaked of deceit and deception. I've never had any other opinion than that of him. That said, he's indicative of most of our representatives.

AND, earmarks MUST end, period.

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  9. Brandy

I am very disgusted, I can't believe some one would ever think sex with children is ok. Children do not ask for it, and it outrages me when people use that as an excuse for their horrible actions. You should be ashamed if you see small children as sexual partners! I honestly believe all pedophiles deserve harsh punishment, and do not feel not once of ounce of sympathy for them.

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  10. Ann

It is a disgusting perverted act – the worst. What I don't understand is how this disgusting act is clearly wrong and all should say so and yet if people say that men kissing men and women kissing women is wrong and disgusting the people making that statement are the wrong ones. To me both acts are clearly wrong just one happens to involve an innocent child.

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  11. Heather

A pedophilia guide??? Absolutely disgusting!!! I'm appalled this is even a discussion point. I appreciate the media making big companies accountable for contributing to such atrocities.

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  12. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I am tied of them put our children lives in danger.

November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  13. Ally

Amazon also sells a book called, "Rape Me!" about a woman (half-dressed on the cover) who writes down her "rape fantasies" in her journal. When they supposedly come true, it is "an experience that burns deep and hot into her wanton soul."

They are a media outlet, true, but they have the right to set guidelines. I did a search like they mentioned on the show with different key words. Sadly, there were too many to even look at.

November 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  14. diana

how about going after the publisher and the editor...?? if there is no book one cannot sell it.

November 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  15. Joyce

I am shocked and sickened! I will telling everyone i know about Amazon and boycotting them!

November 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  16. Vicki

I am so disgusted at what our society has become. I am surprised that God still gives these people grace and hasn't wiped us off the face of the earth. We keep accepting all this garbage in our society, anythng and everything goes, believe me it will get worse. I just cannot comprehend the minds of these people. I just pray for these children.

November 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  17. Nancy in Oregon

Whoa, Dana, that is strong about McConnell....and so true, I suspect.

November 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  18. arlene

Personally, I will not buy from Amazaon again. Who speaks for the child, the adult takeing advantage of the innocent. Any one who has any sense of decency or morality should stand up and fight the horrific crime against these children. Who in their right mind could justify this horrific indeasancy against those to young to defend themselves.

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  19. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

My goodness!!!!! I can't believe Mitchell McConnell saying so bad idea!!!!!!! Not good news I have hear!

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  20. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Nancy in Oregon, "That has nothing to do with true love for the children...it has to do with wanting to serve himself and his own desires."

I agree, this isn't love, it is some kind of sick lust that drives these creeps.

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  21. Karl

Shame on Amazon. What happens if a child happens to see one of these books? It might influence a young mind and if they experience an inappropriate advance from an adult they might think if it's in a book then perhaps it's ok!? I know because I was caught in this kind of trap when I was 15. Your guest was accurate in listing some of the associated after effects to being sexually abused. There are no positive side effects.

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  22. Rob

I can't believe our justice system allows this to take place. They might as well publish a book titled "How to get away with Murder"

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  23. S Davis

It is not Amazon's job to read every book they sell just as Walmart does not try or use every product they sell.
    I am by no means defending the book and I think once all the "legal" junk is sorted through,,Amazon will most likely pull all such related books from it's site.

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  24. marilyn stern

i am shocked and i am not purchasing from amazon until i hear a statement from them that all books they sell in regards to pedophila are removed from their lists. i will continue to listen to ac 360 for updates; this is disgusting. i have purchased items and i could not support them until they correct this horrible merchandising of pedophila.

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  25. Priya

Thanx for bringing this to light.

Its just sick. what are we coming to if its ok to allow these material to be published for the sake of making money for the company. When do we stop and say this is not acceptable freedom of speach and expression or not.

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  26. Judy

Who published this garbage? They should be boycotted also. They are also responsible for endangering innocent children. Totally disgusting!

November 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  27. Anita Bussing

I'm so saddened by the release of anything that would appeal to our rapists, especially after hearing that a lovely woman who had been raped at an early age by a family member committed suicide in spring using alcohol and pills.

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  28. Janis

I thought that was normal activity for some politicians. Say one thing, mean another, say exact opposite behind closed doors. It's all a game to some of them. Win elections at all costs.

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  29. Nick

This is so stupid and I'm really not sure Amazon can recover from something like this. How can you support a business that sold a book like this, even after they take it off the "shelves"? Let's make clear this book is not written for people wanting to learn about pedophilia, it's written as a guide for pedophiles. This is a major mistake on Amazon's part and over night they've made themselves almost socially unacceptable.

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  30. Gerard Mc Ardle, Belast, Ireland

If that was in Ireland Easons, Waterstones, & all the other big book firms would have never allowed this. Have you no set rules about

Selling Paedophilia in US & then world-wide? This is not the First Amendent, & it is down to that? Put in a clause to change same. Protecting children in every way should be the foremost thought, & nothing else.

Children have the right to be children, not sex objects for grown up men. In 2010, I am shocked to hear this report & if I had any authority over Amazon, I'd fine them a billion dollars for starters.

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  31. joann

What has happened to us that we cannot protect our children? One reads of abandonment, abuse, beatings and adult invasion upon their little bodies. So sad. Our culture is crumbling amidst the pain of future generations who will be damaged, if they live to be adults, that is.

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  32. Karlyn

I, as a mother and a teacher, will not shop at Amazon any more. I will make sure everyone on my social network won't either.

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  33. Dana Little

Pedophiles are a part of our society and we need to protect our children from them. It is getting harder and harder to do though. Even judges in the United States are allowing accused and even convicted pedophile fathers, and relatives, to have not only unsupervised visits with children but to get custody of the children. The parent who tries to "protect" the children is given limited time with the children for trying to protect them. Why isn't anyone doing anything about this?

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  34. Lisa, Arkansas

Alright, it's bad enough that Amazon would sell this type of book, but remember, someone had to put up the money to have it published and a publisher had to print and distribute the book... Quite frankly, Amazon should not have the opportunity to sell this trash because it never should have been published in the first place!! Let's start at the root of the problem and go from there!!!

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  35. Reynaldo Reyes

McConnell doing something underhanded and for selfish political reasons? This is just an indication of things to come. Duplicity is part of the this guy's politics.

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  36. Anna Miller

I am BEGGING you not to let this this story fade away...AMAZON's response to my email last night was even more enraging then the book....Please Anderson go after them and for all of your viewer's...BOYCOTT AMAZON!!

November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  37. Norma

I will never order any item from Amazon again. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. Good work CNN, keep after them!!!

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  38. Kim

I just watched your story on amazon. I was molested when I was 4 by a 32 yr old man, and was raped when I was 12 by a man in his 40's.
    To find out what amazon has been selling sickens me violently. I have been a faithful customer of theirs for years and they will never get another dime out of me.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  39. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Melissa Collins, "I think he has his own agenda,"

All politicians have their own agenda. McConnell is not alone.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  40. Sam

Amazon prime member and retired NY Trooper – never seen a "cured" pedophile. As a victim I dont see Amazon defense. Speak up CEO your customer demands it!

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  41. Neil

Amazon should be fined for putting children in danger. The author should be arrested and sent to a psychiatric ward for the remainder of his life.
    Freedom of speech should not apply when it puts innocent people at risk, especially children.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  42. Gabriela

Hi, I am from Honduras. I really think that what Amazon is doing is outrageous. Yes we should be in favor of freedom of speech, but it doesn´t mean that a company like Amazon should sell their books and make profits from it.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  43. Delia Roche-Kelly

Sadly, have been a fan of Amazon, but in all conscience cannot continue to give them my business and will lobby to acertain anyone I neet will not either.Disappointing behaviour.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  44. Ruthe

It really disgusts me to know that Amazon would be so irresponsible. As a publisher, I have several books on Amazon, and will pull every book if Amazon does not pull every deplorable and reprehensible book. Money does not come before the welfare and safety of children. I hope every publisher and author would do the same.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  45. Joe Barcia

I really think that people should sue amazon for the profit of selling these types of books. Amazon does not care what books they sell as long as they make profit out of it. AC mentioned who screens these books and i would have to say that nobody does. What defense does a 5 year old boy or girl have against a 25 to 60 year old man?

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  46. Joan Harris, President, Citizens for Jessica's Law

As President of Citizens for Jessica's Law (based in Maryland), I am absolutely outraged over the fact that Amazon would sell content that exploits children. They should be held accountable for promoting criminal activity and promoting pedophilia by selling books exploiting children.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  47. Erin

Wouldn't it be nice if Amazon could give the names of the purchasers of these "books" to law enforcement. . . Annnnnd. . . . law enforcement did something about it.

November 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  48. Paul Drinkard

This is the natural result of placing emphasis on values rather than on virtues. People may pick and choose their own values, whereas virtues are determined by God. Discriminating between virtuous behavior and immoral behavior used to be championed by society as a whole. Have we really become more enlightened? Whatever happened to chastity? Today anything goes, and this is proof.

November 11, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  49. Lisa in Louisville

Mitch McConnell tends to talk out of both sides of his mouth.

November 11, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  50. Jody

Anderson, thank you for covering this story. It disgusts me to think that Amazon would sell such material! Where is their moral conscience?

November 11, 2010 at 10:20 pm |