November 2nd, 2010
  1. J.V.Hodgson

The Blue dogs faced reality long ago that as usual in mid terms incumbents lose seats in the House especially but also the Senate.
    Now, from a Republican House majority let's hear precisely how:-
    a) You are going to reduce the deficit and where? and when you leave out Medicare, medicaid, defense and other welfare spending? they have no chance of $150bn in savings.
    b) Just how are you going to balance the books with further unfunded tax cuts please note that $70bn of an annual unfunded $500bn per annum ( for the past 9 years) i.e 15% almost of the cost goes to the richest 2% of the population Why OH Why?
    c) And by the way government bailouts/stimulus in the main worked. Stimulus 1/3rd approx already spent on Tax cuts more committed to projects and by the time Legislation is passed the saving? ain't worth the economic risk, of higher unemployment!? Bailout money is being repaid and the government will make a profit. Let's see how Republicans can spin that into bad news in 2 years time. Me I note Republicans criticised it Royally/loudly but they have not pledged to demand repayment, I wonder why!?!?
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

November 3, 2010 at 3:09 am |
  2. Lynda

About Prop 19- Legalizing Marijuana. Some on your panel need to check their facts. Alcohol, Meth, prescription opiates are a threat to at-risk teenagers and Addiction. -Not Marijuana. Marijuana has been around forever and it is not going away. The more it is pushed underground, the more problems and crime exist.
    This is prohibition time for Marijuana. Please do a survey with Law Enforcement in California on this. Legalization would make it safe, taxed, and get rid of Drug Cartels(remember the Mafia of th 1930's). It could also be a FDA regulated substance. Marinol with THC in it has been approved by the FDA for over 15 years. In pill form it relieves patient of severe nausea. Medical Marijuana helps patients with chronic diseases from serious pain. I don't think Alcohol does that. I really wish people would educate themselves more on Marijuana. My view is coming from being a 20 year high school teacher, a non pot smoker, and a cancer survivor. Thank you.

This is always an ongoing issue-Can you do a program on it. Crossing the borders with pot/ not cocaine. And really –leave the teenagers out of it. This is an adult issue. Most of my students don't smoke pot-their parents and grandparents do. Thankyou for reading.

November 2, 2010 at 11:06 pm |
  3. Margaret Allen

Racism in the United States of america is alive and well. As an american,I fear the worst for this country. The politicians of a certain party are not concerned about people. everything is a joke. Surely, the republicans cannot be serious when they claim that the Obama administration is not attempting to right the wrongs of the Bush administration to make this country a better place for all americans. It is disgraceful the way in which this president has been mocked. No other president in our history has had to endure such treatment. Yes I will say that it is because he is half white and half black.

November 2, 2010 at 5:28 pm |
  4. Tom Daugherty Cave Creek, AZ

"Racial Baiting"? It worked for Mr. Obama Didn't it? Huge increase in the Black voter turnout.
    Voting for someone just because they are black is just as racist as Not voting for someone just because they are black.

November 2, 2010 at 3:41 pm |
  5. Joane Johnson

Why don't you people get a grip. Will you listen. It is because we have a black president. I thought this country was growing up. It isn't. I amd 61 and have been so angry since the day after his election. He get's it for healthcare but if Nixon had gotten his bill passed i bet he would not have been called a socialist. Rand Paul questioned Civil rights passage. Other white people have questioned voting rights. They question his birth, his religion. They whine they want their country back. If John McCain had won and done the same things, nothing would be said. It sure wasn't under Bush with his bogus war. The loss of the budget surplus. The economic down turn, hidden by them. The bail out. I don't believe you, either, that it is monetary. It is social. I don't care how many white people voted for this president. How many whites voted to keep the Iroquois on their land per treaty(in Georgia) and it did not matter? How many whites fought against slavery and it still took a war? It's not the color blind but the ones blinded by color. I see them. I hear them. It feels the way it did in 1964. If I found one in the gutter on fire, I would buy marshmallows. The elephant is STILL in the room. I still cannot get over how you tried to shut the black reporter up with your al-LIE-bis.

November 2, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
  6. Reginald Cook

Mr. Cooper,

Are you kidding me???

Do you really want African-Americans like myself to take this video serious???

What black person wants to hear 6 white people talk about racism!!!

This is a JOKE!!!!!!

November 2, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
  7. Tim Gibson

Why not just hold the elections on Oct. 31st. That way all the fear and goblins would be reasonable. Yet, we cannot over look the fact that the blue dogs are working overtime to create a false sense of fear at the ballot box. It is the blue dogs who are afraid and should be. The direction they have taken this country and disrespected the will of the people in the process, who told us nothing was wrong prior to our economic meltdown that has no end in sight and strongly feel we can somehow beyond reality spend our way out of this. All world leaders and super powers in our known world history have done the same things over and over again and it fails each and every time.

November 2, 2010 at 12:05 pm |
  8. Ondina DeVoe

Appealing to racism, using fear in a campaign, all are hammering at the walls of our nation. The US is a melting pot, absorbing and joining ALL people who choose to be citizens and be Americans. Anyone trying to divide our people into separate groups instead is taking our power as citizens away from us.

November 2, 2010 at 12:00 pm |