October 29th, 2010

Terror Plot Foiled: Join the Live Chat

Tonight on 360°, exclusive new information about the two packages at the center of today's terror scare. They were packing a truly devastating punch. Plus, tonight's other headlines.

Want more details on what covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Evening! Be safe out there, kids! Be careful of the brooms!

October 29, 2010 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Nina

Good night Anderson Cooper, 360°Team and Emily, Megan, Star, Smith and bloggers ((( TGIF )))

Wonderful show Anderson, and have a fabulous weekend!!

October 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  3. jeanne

great show, as usual. thanks anderson.

October 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  4. Starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you and good night Anderson & Team 360. Have a safe and good weekend.

And thank you for a series of wonderful this week.

Good night fellow writters-great blog. I wish you a safe and happy weekend.

Yeah Anderson, Wolf is so unpredictable..LOL

October 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  5. Sharon Hastings

Great show as usual and we'll look forward to that ongoing election coverage and whether Anderson dresses for Halloween.

Have a good and safe weekend everyone.

October 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  6. Michael - Huntington Beach, CA.

I loved the interview with Dr. Phil! Anderson Cooper, Dr. Phil and the AC360 team are always amazing! Thank you!!

October 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  7. Karen, MN

I think you should be the Fonz. Good night.

October 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  8. Lori

Good night. Sweet dreams! Happy Halloween.

October 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  9. Emily

Good night Anderson, 360°Team, Jo Ann, Mike, David, Megan, Nicole, Nancy, Gloria, Nina, Helen, Starr, Casey & Bloggers!
    Have a wonderful weekend & Happy Halloween everyone!

October 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  10. Nina

Ellen is so funny... I love her Halloween snookey hair? lol

October 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Karin Urban from Berlin/Germany

Good night to all, and inspite of all
    have a good and safe weekend and a happy Halloween!
    Anderson, it must have been a hard week for, wish you a relaxed weekend.

October 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Karen, MN

What are you going to dress-up as Anderson?

October 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  13. Nina

I would be moving today as far away from that volcano as possible.

October 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  14. Emily

Tyler's story is so devastating!
    It's technology used to inflict such evil!
    To think of how hopeless & alone he felt.

October 29, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  15. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Gonzalez deserves the death penalty.

October 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  16. Nicole The Netherlands

Good evening everyone!
    Sorry to join you this late (some computer problems)
    I do not believe Clint McCane made an apology.
    Am a bit scared by these new terror threaths..

I hope you -all- have a safe (and sane) weekend.
    See you monday!

October 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  17. carolyn j

anderson and staff as alway's a great show..have
    a great weekend.. i'm sleepy it is almost 6 am here..goodnoght.
    thank you !!!

October 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  18. Lori

Jo Ann, my read on this apology is that McCance recognises that he acts like an animal and is shocked just like all of us about it. It was really harsh

October 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  19. Helen

Tyler's story and all the other children break my heart. their death literally depresses. those kind of tragedy make me wonder about God. He is very interesting with life lessons.

October 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  20. Emily

@Helen,
    "I don't know if he was sincere, he only knows."
    After seeing what Casey posted yesterday, there might be hope for him. He has clearly been effected by what happened. Seems like he might be someone who does change, or his 'core-beliefs' will deepen. I'm hoping for the first one.

October 29, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  21. Starr, formerly known as vincent

It's true Anderson, you are the only anchor that i am aware of, who has kept the bully and suicide story alive.Thank you for that.

@David- i don't know the answer to your question. I 's like tothink that goods comming from terrorist states are paid more attention to.
    However, remember the flight items are often overnight and would be in a hurrry.

October 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  22. lisal -canada

you often hear people of faith say "What would Jesus do?" ...

i'd like the facebook fellow to think about whether Jesus would have preached to his disciples using the words he used on his post. if they cannot imagine that type of language coming out of their God's mouths then perhaps they should not use them themselves – but perhaps this man CAN picture these words coming out of Jesus' mouth ... i suppose only he can answer that

October 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  23. Nina

@tarr, formerly known as vincent
    I can't imagine being a parent and abandoning my child if they said they were gay, lesbian, TG, or purple.

I completely agree with you. That is in essence what McCance said. He would abandon his children if they were "not what he wanted them to be" very sad for the children to receive that message... loud and clear!!!

October 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  24. Sophia Garcia

What Mr. McCance posted on his FB was desperately wicked but the best anyone can hope is that he was forced to examine what's in his heart ~ That can be an overwhelmingly humbling experience...As far as being "merely sorry" that he was caught no man can judge...Excellent story. Very tragic and moving.

October 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  25. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I was shocked Clint McCane posted his facebook!!!!! I don't like that... I am really disappointed with him!

October 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  26. Russell Hill

It was an apology! He's definitely sorry! However, what makes it sorry to hear and whatever his intentions are, – seem to be radical and hurtful to mankind in general, – definitely unclear what he has learned in a postitive/constructive way for him and everyone under his his influence from his misdirected sorrow.

October 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  27. Lori

How did they catch the ninjas?

October 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  28. Anthony

I totally agree with Dr. Phil for once. People who are biggoted need to quit using the bible as a scapegoat. If you have a problem with someone or group own it. Don't go hide behind religion making yourself and other good people of faith look bad.

October 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  29. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I think McCance "dehumanized" himself with his hatespeech.

October 29, 2010 at 10:49 pm |
  30. Karin Urban from Berlin/Germany

I thank Dr. Phil for saying that being gay or lesbian is not a choice.
    This seems something that many people don't know (or don't want to know).

October 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  31. Nina

Emily October 29th, 2010 10:45 pm ET

I completely agree with you. What ever happened to unconditional love with your children? He is bullying his children with that statement.

October 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  32. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

That should have been a quick, "No!"

October 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  33. Emily

I think that he will...
    His "core beliefs have not changed"...
    He really believes what he posted, and regrets posting what he did.

October 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  34. Helen

This sentiment is engrained in this man, we cannot expect him to change overnight. I don't know if he was sincere, he only knows. One thing we have to say he was honest.

October 29, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  35. Starr, formerly known as vincent

As a mother, i could Not reject my child!
    Also agree that GLTG not a choice-it's biological.

@Nina- i'm afraid i agreew with you.

October 29, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  36. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

McCance's response to Anderson's question if he would turn his kids away, showed that he was insincere in his "apology" and has no intention of changing.

October 29, 2010 at 10:46 pm |
  37. Brad

Emily. I agree. When flight into Ohare are on approach alot of times the approach puts them over me. Today was one of them days. Whether or not the other 13 are containing explosives, if they do and they are in the US its kinda frightening.

October 29, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  38. Nina

excellent statement Dr. Phil about his children hearing what their father said. Kudos for Dr. Phil. Right on target

October 29, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  39. Emily

@Nina,
    I've noticed that quite a bit that people post, are their "thoughts" and not as if they are talking, one-on-one. Of course, it's not as hateful as that (I would disown my children)?! Hard to believe that people would say that to their 'real friends'. Could just be me.

October 29, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  40. Russell Hill

Dr. Phil is spot on about this anti-gay guy who is sorry about himself for the negative/embarrassing feedback or reaction that he received. I believe "this guy" is sincere in a very abstract manner; however, sometimes all it takes is for someone to "keep him honest" to at least think again of the consequences and/or the affect of his thoughts and actions – regardless of how "right" or "wrong" on sexual preference or beliefs.

October 29, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  41. Lori

Dr Phil looks totally disgusted.

October 29, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  42. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

None of us are in a position to jugde one another with God.

October 29, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  43. Paula, Colorado

Clint McCance's anger and lack of control in his posting made no sense to me–but his apology and resignation is certainly better than taking no follow-up action.

October 29, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  44. Sharon Hastings

I too am still reeling from Mr. McCance's posting. I know some people may feel that way as he surely still does, but to actually put it down in those words for everyone to read when you are a school board vice president. It boggles the mind. And to hate that much but still call yourself a Christian???

October 29, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  45. David, Indiana

@Megan, Thanks for your comment. I thought the Saudis tipped the Yemenis or the US.

@Starr Appreciate your pt about cargo screening. Is that all cargo, originating everywhere?

It must've been some intelligence work or source info that tipped the Saudis.

October 29, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  46. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I do get it from Dr. Phil, I agree with Dr. Phil says, Clint McCane never took apology gays and lesbians.

October 29, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  47. Nina

@Smith in Oregon October 29th, 2010 10:39 pm ET
    Wow, Dr. Phil is giving that Ark. official both barrels, good for Dr. Phil. Anything that lowers the really high rates of teenage suicide's should be applauded.
    Well stated Smith. It is tragic the number of teenage suicides within the US.

October 29, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  48. Emily

@Brad,
    The thought of planes exploding above my house is also frightening! I'm glad that this was foiled and I hope that the other 13 that are still out there are found soon.

October 29, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  49. cicly

anderson, you have kept this subject alive for more than a year. i remember commenting then, when a little boy took his life, doesn't anybody care enough to really do something about these tragedies?

October 29, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  50. Kelly, PA

It felt good to wear purple that day, even though it was a small way to show support, it felt good to have the opportunity to do so.

October 29, 2010 at 10:40 pm |