AC360 Thursday 8p

There are growing questions about the Bluefin-21 search for Flight 370. What's happens when it completes its sweep? The latest tonight on AC360.
August 11th, 2010
  1. Joe C.

This woman is incapable of either articulating a point of engaging in civilized, point for point debate.

The citizen-by-birthright system was devised after the Civil War to ease the process of slaves gaining citizen status. It's time we repeal this dated policy and amend it to reflect our current problems. 60,000 a year in one state... just because their mothers popped while they were here breaking our laws.

March 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm |
  2. Tracy

14th Amendment
    Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons BORN or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, ARE CITIZENS of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. NO state shall MAKE or ENFORCE ANY law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

March 2, 2011 at 6:14 pm |
  3. David

I think we've found the woman who taught Charlie Sheen everything he knows about giving interviews.

March 2, 2011 at 2:39 pm |
  4. John

I want to point out that Debbie Riddle is trying to manipulate the citizens of United States into believing that these anchor babies are future terrorist. She does this by stating two truths, following with a completely fictional statement. By saying two truths people will usually believe anything subsequently.
    The two truths are:
    1.illegal immigrants are crossing the U.S border
    2.some of these illegal immigrants are having babies in U.S soil
    But, this does not mean that these babies being born in the U.S are then trained to become terrorist. When someone cannot confirm there facts with evidence it reveals fabrication of a lie and typically means they have none. There is no denying the problem of border control but it does not give the right for anyone to use scare tactics and therefore, make citizens believe all immigrants are possible terrorist.

September 26, 2010 at 9:08 pm |
  5. Janie

OOOOpps...forgot to mention, I am from a non-Latin country and it only took 2 months for my application to be reviewed, approved and granted...plus I'm sure the amount of money I paid didn't hurt either...but I know people (Latins) who have been waiting to be approved for more than six, YES 6, years and have paid a lot of money for this process, many applied before me and are still waiting......

August 12, 2010 at 6:56 pm |
  6. Tony

Where I come from I hear it all the time and my neighbor had 2 or 3 babies (I am sure at least 2) in Florida, she flew over here with 6 or 7 months pregnant and delivered the babies in different times and went back home with the babies and American passports, and she is not the only one, I hear it all the time that someone went to the US and delivered their baby and came back with American passport.

August 11, 2010 at 11:43 am |
  7. Drew

Babies born by illegal immigrants in the U.S. DO NOT establish citizenship for the parents. Get your facts straight on the subject.

August 11, 2010 at 11:37 am |
  8. Ned

This is the first time I've heard of this issue. Why would there be hard public evidence already? I don't understand why Anderson would press so hard for evidence and make her look like an alarmist when clearly this is something a clever and nefarious person would indeed take advantage of? Why not look into it instead of decry it? I'm a stern moderate and agree that evidence is critical, but I also have a really strong understand of how corruption and legal manipulation works and this is absolutely worth investigation over sensationalism.

August 11, 2010 at 11:30 am |
  9. J Smith

Babies born in the US to illegal immigrants do in fact establish a powerful "anchor" for their illegal immigrant parents as well as brothers and sisters. It is a moral anchor. This "anchor" is established through the moral imperative of keeping families together and not punishing the child for the illegal actions of their parents. The very people who now dismiss the argument that these babies provide an "anchor" for their illegal immigrant families and therefore should be granted US citizenship based upon their place of birth will be the same people who later insist that we cannot disrupt the life of that child and their family when the US later attempts to enforce its laws requiring the deportation of their parents.

August 11, 2010 at 10:39 am |
  10. Paula

Anderson,
    It baffels me that if our government is aware of people coming to the U.S. to have their babies in our country, (for their child), to obtain U.S. citizenship, why is it allowed to happen? The lawmaker Debbie Riddle kept focusing on Mexican citizens coming into our country and reaping the benefits and sucking our country dry – this has been happening for years. This was a problem in a little community I once lived where doctors were forced to close their practices and move elsewhere because of not making money. The hospital in that area was talking about being forced to make a decision to close the hospital because of welfare benefits not paying or the migrant workers not paying at all. It always appears to be some ban wagon that politicians, the news media and people get onto, and after that ban wagon party is over all is forgotten and some new ban wagon arises. Our country needs help.

August 11, 2010 at 10:27 am |