August 2nd, 2010

Video: Arizona crime sweep

Gary Tuchman | BIO
AC360° Correspondent

Filed under: Gary Tuchman • Immigration
  1. Lenna

Furaerlz? That's marvelously good to know.

June 27, 2011 at 2:36 pm |
  2. Jim

The Argument that they cannot afford to do it Legally holds as Much water as a fishnet in Death Valley on a 135 degree day. I'm a United States Citizen & I'm poor Does that mean it is ok for me to go find a Rich drug dealer to MUG? If the Government wants to give me a .50 Cal sniper rifle, ammo, food, water, I'd be more than happy to sit on the border & shoot incoming drug trafficers all day long. Can I commit violations of ethics, Break the laws of this Country & only get a reprimand???, I want a better life & I'm in need & the Government sure is not bailing ME out! With $20,000.00 I could pay off my 2 debts , pay my needs ahead for over a year & stimulate the economy. Instead The Government gives BILLIONS away over seas, Lets Criminals run loose with no consequences.

August 2, 2010 at 4:16 pm |
  3. Cathy

There should be more sheriffs like Joe Apaio across the US.

August 2, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
  4. Reyna

Why should they apply for visas? If the US makes so easy for them to come across the border and welcomes them with opens arms. Giving them jobs, education, benefits, and civil rights. Who's really to blame here? Tell you one thing Obama didn't have my vote back then and he doesn't have my vote NOW!

August 2, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
  5. Jim

It is HIGH time that every Police Department, Sherrifs office, Ice, & the rest of Aphabet soup get off their behinds & ENFORCE THE LAW ON THE BOOKS & Get rid of these Criminals- DO THE JOB YOU ARE PAID TO DO- ENFORCE THE LAW or RESIGN!!! There are a lot of UNEMPLOYED American Citizens that will be Happy to do the job if you don't want to do it.

August 2, 2010 at 12:05 pm |
  6. Jianni

As a hispanic myself I don't see what the big deal is with having to show proper identification to authorities. That's why its the United States of America! Its frustrating to hear about Mexicans not thinking they have to do this. You come to our country and you abide by our laws! Plain and simple as that! There it is in Black and White!!!

August 2, 2010 at 11:01 am |
    • Sam

I understand where you are coming from but the system does not allow people to have the option at many times to do it legally.

August 2, 2010 at 11:55 am |
      • Kyle

Not having the option legally doesn't make it ok to do illegally. I don't have the option to go buy a Ferrari based on my salary, but that doesn't make it ok to go out and steal one. Work, save money, apply for a visa and become a citizen. Everyone has that option, they just don't want to go through the work.

August 2, 2010 at 12:40 pm |