AC360 Thursday 8p

There are growing questions about the Bluefin-21 search for Flight 370. What's happens when it completes its sweep? The latest tonight on AC360.
June 4th, 2010

Video: Birds drenched in oil

Anderson Cooper | BIO
AC360° Anchor

Filed under: Anderson Cooper • Gulf Oil Spill
  1. Grady Peterson

Mr. Cooper,
    I watched a video on Youtube about a micorob that eats oil and has been used in oil spills. Why haven't we heard about this and why have they not been using it? The studies show that the water can be completly cleaned in a six week period. You can watch the video at spillfighter.com the person that posted it is at jbrenttuttle@gmail.com.

June 4, 2010 at 8:54 pm |
  2. Richard

I want to say one more thing, Thank you Mr. Cooper. At least someone out there seems to care about getting the word out. This should be all over but I talked to someone in California today and they know very little about this. So sad that so few are covering it the way it should. I didn't want AC 360 before but I will from now on. Thanks for caring. We need that.

June 4, 2010 at 1:21 am |
  3. Jane

Anderson Cooper you are keeping up the good fight. I've been bawling over this desecration since it's inception. You're reporting of this story is so important. Please continue to make sure that this nightmare remains in the forefront of people's minds. Show the wildlife it's what really matters. It will make people care.

June 4, 2010 at 1:07 am |
  4. Erven Sapalaran

This is unacceptable. Somebody must pay for this crime against the environment.

June 4, 2010 at 1:02 am |
  5. Colby T

BP should never be allowed to profit in any type of fuel industry ever again. This is absolutely disgusting.

June 4, 2010 at 12:58 am |
  6. Ron in Guelph, Ontario

My heart goes out to the people and especially the animals that this disaster has and will effect. It's apparent that this video is showing the start of what will surely be a tragedy of epic proportions.

June 4, 2010 at 12:58 am |
  7. Barbara

The incredible amount of devastation caused by this accident is sickening. These oil drenched animals bring tears to my eyes. God help the animals, the earth and us.

June 4, 2010 at 12:34 am |
  8. Blackwater Ken

We need to organize a boycott or some kind of action against BP that will really hurt them in their pocketbook. That is the only way to get their attention.

June 4, 2010 at 12:32 am |
  9. Deb in Kansas City

Yes. Boycott BP!

I am devastated for these poor creatures. All of them.
    What a planetary loss.
    And it's not over yet.

BP, give your victims a financial bail out and STOP THE OIL.

June 4, 2010 at 12:16 am |
  10. Wendy

I have another question as I watch AC 360's coverage late night. The expert explained that there is dispersant being sprayed in the oil underwater as it comes out of the well. It seems to me that this does not decrease the problem of toxicity. It seems that it would just make the underwater environment toxic and cause or contribute to the big plumes.

Is this an accurate observation? Thanks for all your coverage on this!

June 4, 2010 at 12:14 am |
  11. Eric

Thank you CNN, and thank you A.C. for reporting actual news rather than the Left Bias or Right Bias cable networks. This is a sobering video that everyone who fills up at BP should be shown as they fill their gas tanks. However, what is worse than a for-profit company who has the primary responsibility to answer to their shareholders, is that our own federal government whom we have elected to represent our best interests has stated they will never let the opportunity of a crisis go to waste. So they continue to sit by to let their larger political point of energy politics be made at the expense of the animals and ecosystem. It is time for the Obama administration to quit trying to gain politically from this crisis at the expense of the beloved creatures of our planet. Can we finally be led by true leaders? Is James Carville the only good person in politics?!?!

June 4, 2010 at 12:12 am |
  12. Geoff

Happy Birthday, Anderson.

I have a question regarding the oil heading to Florida. Are there any plans underway to protect the manatees?

June 4, 2010 at 12:04 am |
  13. Kelly Nelson

I'm 54 years old and I've been crying for 45 days!

June 4, 2010 at 12:03 am |
  14. Sandy

Thanks to Anderson for covering this and showing it , even though it is
    unbearable to watch. No one is giving the coverage on this like CNN and especially Anderson Cooper and I have to say, as a Gulf Coast resident who lives on this water that I long for any information I can get about this. I appreciate this very much.

Thanks,
    Sandy
    Delta Port, AL

June 3, 2010 at 11:57 pm |
  15. Betty

The sad reality is, that we will loose millions of sea life and domestic birds before this will end. no amount of money can replace that....

June 3, 2010 at 11:49 pm |
  16. Lyla

We were entrusted with this earth to take care of it and preserve it. What we have done to these beautiful animals is a crime. This is wrong and should have never happened. Too little, too late. I hope all the BP executives can't sleep at night because after seeing this, I can't.

June 3, 2010 at 11:45 pm |
  17. Appalled

I am absolutely furious with BP. Why aren't people demanding a boycott of BP??

June 3, 2010 at 11:33 pm |
  18. Deborah Chielli

Thank you for bringing this video to the public. Thank you for bearing witness to the suffering. I cry daily. This is but a tip of a huge iceberg of suffering and death.

Anderson Cooper, please continue to shine a light on what is happening to these birds, turtles, dolphins, crabs, fish, and all. Don't stop. Don't let people get distracted and move on to something else.

We must face the reality of what we have done. We must change the way we treat our planet before it is too late. It is certainly too late for millions of lives in the Gulf. Such suffering of innocents. I can hardly bear it. My heart breaks. Please don't stop covering the truth of this.

June 3, 2010 at 11:33 pm |
  19. Wendy

Happy Birthday, Anderson! Thank you for covering the wildlife aspect of this tragedy. Can you tell us why there seem to be only a few people rescuing birds and other wildlife? It seems there are many birds that are in need of help in the pelican and other bird nesting areas but no one seems to be around to rescue them. Are they short on people to rescue them or is BP preventing people from reaching these areas and saving these birds? Thanks.

June 3, 2010 at 11:32 pm |
  20. Skippy

This is absolutely horrible. Thank you for showing this Anderson. As heartbreaking as it is to watch maybe it will make people wake up to what a devastating effect this is having on the gulf region.
    I will NEVER buy BP gas again. This whole situation could have been avoided but BP chose to ignore warning signs. It upsets me beyond belief that they have been able to let this get so out of control.

June 3, 2010 at 11:29 pm |
  21. Lyn

Thank you Anderson for showing this video as heartbreaking as it is to watch. This is only the beginning of it all as there is more oil yet to make it to the coastline. I live in one of the Louisiana parishes affected by the oil and I cannot tell you how angry it makes me that Tony Hayward is still walking around while hundreds of animals are dying and people are hurting because their lives are ruined. Who knows how many animals will be killed – it's depressing. Our government needs to hold BP accountable for this disaster; seize their assets and put Tony Hayward in jail. And we need to move forward towards other energy sources; we are way behind in the ball game. God help us save our Gulf.

June 3, 2010 at 11:26 pm |
  22. Virginia (in Atlanta)

Happy Birthday, Anderson! I'm 85 years old so you have a ways to go to catch up with me. You're an awesome reporter who really cares about the issues on which you report. Say "hello" to me (Virginia in Atlanta)! Thanks.

June 3, 2010 at 11:08 pm |
  23. Rita Henderson

My heart is crying for all the innocent victims in the water.BP has ruined their homes and they have no voice. It is up to the people to speak for them and be their voice. Let alone the people who make their living off of the Gulf. It will be yrs before we can recover from this catastrophe. "God Bless you Anderson" for being our voice. " Happy Birthday !"

June 3, 2010 at 11:08 pm |
  24. Nancy P

Please keep covering the oil spill. We need to hear the truth about the devestation BP has caused! God bless these poor creatures!

June 3, 2010 at 11:04 pm |