Anderson is on the water, up close, along miles of marshland soaked in oil. The question is where are the clean-up crews? We're keeping them honest.
Want to know more about our live coverage from the Gulf? Read EVENING BUZZ
Scroll down to join the live chat during the program. It's your chance to share your thoughts on tonight's headlines. Keep in mind, you have a better chance of having your comment get past our moderators if you follow our rules.
Here are some of them:
1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)
BP's "Top Kill" effort to stop the Gulf oil leak is underway. We'll have the latest developments on the mission during our live coverage tonight from Louisiana's Gulf coastline.
Anderson went out in a boat today with the governor of Louisiana to get an up close look at where the oil is concentrated along the marshes. Anderson had to wear special clothing and gloves due to the toxic environment. Don't miss his report tonight.
We're also keeping them honest. The big question tonight: Is enough being done to clean up the oil? Witnesses told Anderson today it seems crews are only going to where the cameras are rolling for what could be called clean-up photo-ops. You'll hear from Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser and CNN's James Carville, who calls New Orleans home. Both are demanding more action from BP and the federal government.
Sen. Bill Nelson, a Democrat from the Gulf state of Florida, is putting pressure on the White House.
"If this thing doesn't work, then the president ought to turn this over to the military," Nelson said. "You've got
to have BP's cooperation because they have the best technical instruments, but we have got to have somebody in charge and I think the U.S. military is best suited to do that," he added.
Join us for our live coverage from the Gulf starting at 10 p.m. ET. See you then.
Program Note: A culture of fear and retaliation exists within the ATF, according to several agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Abbie Boudreau of CNN's Special Investigations Unit will have Part 1 of the story tonight on AC360° at 10pm ET.
His was the first face of a missing child to appear on the back of a milk carton. Now, nearly 31 years to the day that Etan Patz vanished from a New York street, authorities are re-opening the case.
In an interview with CNN, the communications director for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr. confirmed that the office is taking another look at the decades-old mystery.
“It’s a case that the District Attorney has been aware of since before running for office last year,” Erin Duggan, the communications director said. “Last summer he said he would take a fresh look at the case if he became district attorney. Tuesday he confirmed that the case had been reopened.”
“This was the disappearance of a child that gripped the residents of Manhattan and continues to leave many questions unanswered,” Duggan added.
Etan was 6-years-old when he disappeared on the morning of May 25, 1979. “It was the first day that he was to walk two blocks from his apartment to the school bus stop,” said Lisa R. Cohen, author of “After Etan: The Missing Child Case That Held America Captive.”
“He had been wanting to do it by himself and they gave him permission, literally two short blocks,” Cohen told CNN. “And his mother could see the bus stop at the end of the street and she saw parents there, waiting with kids for the bus, and so she let him go.”
Etan was never seen alive again.
According to Cohen, Jose Antonio Ramos was identified as a prime suspect in 1988. But the convicted child molester has never been charged in connection with the case.
Ramos initially told investigators that he was “90% sure” that a boy he had taken home on May 25, 1979, was Etan, Cohen said.
Ramos has since denied making that statement, Cohen added.
Cohen said Etan’s father contacted her Wednesday after the news was announced that the prosecutor was re-opening the case. “He said ‘maybe we’ll finally get our day court,’” she said Stan Patz told her.
From families and detectives to people in the missing children movement, this case changed everything, Cohen said.
“Before Etan, parents did not have an image in their mind that something could happen to their children,” she said. “And after Etan, they did.”
Ready for today's Beat 360°? Everyday we post a picture you provide the caption and our staff will join in too. Tune in tonight at 10pm to see if you are our favorite! Here is the 'Beat 360°' pic:
First lady Michelle Obama works out with local students on the South Lawn of the White House on May 25.
Have fun with it. We're looking forward to your captions! Make sure to include your name, city, state (or country) so we can post your comment.
Beat 360° Winners:
You, on the right! Get those knees up and your eyes off Sasha!
Brad MacPherson, Massachusetts
I'm sweating to the oldies in 90° heat and Barack is inside with the AC having a Margarita with the Mexican president.
Venice, Louisiana - This is what everyone was worried about.
As we pulled our boats up to the marshes oil we could see for ourselves that oil completely covers everything here.
We could see more oil than water here. The surface looked rusty and suffocated. There was no one here cleaning it up. We could see for ourselves why everyone is so frustrated.
Its an absolute mess
CNN Special Investigations Unit
Dublin, California (CNN) - It's a Monday morning, and Vince Cefalu just got into work at his more than $150,000-a-year-job as a special agent of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
"It's 9:30. This is what I affectionately refer to as the cage," Cefalu, 51, said. "I am sitting here with an empty in box and nothing to do. I'll keep you apprised."
CNN gave Cefalu a video camera to document what he does at work. For five days, he recorded himself inside his own office.
Follow Abbie Boudreau on Twitter: @Abbiecnn
Editor's Note: Read and watch CNN's Karl Penhaul's original report on alleged drug queenpin Angie Sanclemente.
Angie Sanclemente, a former beauty queen, was detained by police Wednesday afternoon at a hostel in Buenos Aires, according to a spokesman for the Argentina Airport Security Police.
Sanclemente is a 30-year-old who authorities say set out to establish herself as the leader of a cartel that would use models and beauty queens to run drugs from South America to Europe.
According to PSA spokesman Maximiliano Lencina, Sanclemente was staying at the K-Lodges Hostel in the Palermo neighborhood of Buenos Aires.
"Thanks to the information we received from Interpol, we were able to locate and detain her today," said Lencina.
Sanclemente was registered at the hostel - popular with foreign university students - under the name "Annie," Lencina said. He added
that she had dyed her brown hair to blonde, and was alone in the hostel when detained.
Local media reports said that Sanclemente has told other people staying at the hostel that she was from Mexico.
Lencina said Sanclemente has been in touch with her lawyer, and will be questioned tomorrow by an Argentine federal judge. She will be transported Wednesday afternoon to PSA offices at the Ezeiza International Airport.
"We believe she played an important role in the drug trafficking organization," said Lencina.
Yaneth Valencia, Sanclemente's mother, showed up at the hostel where Angie is being held, and told reporters that "there is a plot against her," according to local television reports.
"I came here to help my daughter," she said. "She is afraid that she will be raped. ... They are using my daughter. My daughter is innocent."