May 24th, 2010
  1. Annie Kate

Good speech – I especially liked the part about how NOLA keeps its old buildings with their original names unlike a lot of cities who tear down the old and build new. More cities should try to keep their old buildings – restore them so they can be used and keep the original name – at the time the building was erected that name meant something – the history should be remembered; it gives more flavor to the present.

May 25, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  2. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Um yeah. I think they will remember that speech Anderson. Fabulous!

May 25, 2010 at 1:37 pm |
  3. Jennifer - Michigan

Anderson,
    Goodness Sakes!! That was one awesome speech – great job....congratulations on receiving the President's medal. Very nice. Have a great day.

May 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm |
  4. Laura

Excellent job! Being from the South, it made me smile to hear Anderson say, "Bless your heart".

May 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
  5. Stephanie Williams

Kudos to Anderson! You are a bright, shining star and we appreciate all the sacrifices you have made. This was a great speech from a great man. You have a heart of gold and I am so proud of you. I know your family is proud of you as well.

Stephanie Williams

May 25, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  6. Gail Duncan

Lovely speech! You continue to uplift while educate and motivate. Much respect and thanks for all your work you have done and continue to do.

May 25, 2010 at 5:47 am |
  7. Denise

Great speech Anderson. Wish I could have been there to hear it in person. And I agree wtih Randi Kaye. The color of the robe looks good on you.

May 25, 2010 at 3:59 am |
  8. Kathy, Andover

Good Job, Anderson!

May 25, 2010 at 2:18 am |
  9. Tammy, Houma, LA

Nice job on the speech. I don't remember the speaker from any of my commencements, either. Except Edwin Edwards. He was quite interesting. It is good that you come home for things other than crises, although apparently we are in crisis mode again and once more you guys seem to be the ones really trying to find out the truth for us. Thank you.

May 25, 2010 at 1:51 am |
  10. Samantha Rowley

Congratulations Anderson on receiving the President's Medal at Tulane. Just finished watching the commencement address you gave. You were fantastic! Like you, I graduated 21 years ago (Arizona State) and don't have a clue who the keynote speaker was. You gave the students sound advice that truly is timeless. My liberal arts degree (Geography) is not what I do today but it's been a great journey so far. And yes, I thanked my parents that day.

May 24, 2010 at 11:56 pm |