January 22nd, 2010

360° Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery: On the ground in Haiti

Photojournalist Jonathan Torgovnik
Reportage for CNN

A powerful earthquake rocked Haiti on January 12, damaging not only buildings and roads but the foundation of the Western Hemisphere's poorest nation, which has struggled under decades of coups, corruption and natural disasters. Photographers have turned their lenses to the devastation. Our team has been on the ground since the day after the earthquake, reporting on the aftermath.

1. Cassandre-Haiti

I see your frustration a bit more every day and I want to thank you for understanding what we are going through. You have done an excellent job at keeping us (Haitians) inform in the US and for that you are my angel, Mr. Cooper

January 25, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  2. KETTY

THANK YOU SO MUCH COOPER, DR.GUPTA, IVAN YOU ARE MY HEROES.
    GOD BLESS YOU

January 25, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  3. Gregory Celestin

Amazing Job the people of Haiti will never forget about Anderson & Sanjay all CNN crew wonderful reporting keep up the good job God will bless CNN crew more than Ever

January 25, 2010 at 10:27 am |
  4. Brian

Keep up the great work Anderson

January 22, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  5. Sandra - Canada

Wonderful reporting so far....although sad and sometimes just too much to watch!!!!!!!!

January 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  6. Laura K. Andlauer

amazing coverage for the whole team at CNN. Looking forward to seeing the Hope for Haiti program tonight. Will ask my family and friends to watch and donate. Thank you and God Bless the work you're all doing in Haiti.

January 22, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  7. Jean-Bosco

On behalf of my family who are your dedicated fans and the people of Haiti I want to thank you for what you are doing. Anderson, please give my regards to your crew.

January 22, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  8. KATHY--- Colombia

thank you for keep us informed, God bless

January 22, 2010 at 5:16 pm |
  9. theranis samuel

I want to thank Anderson Cooper for what he has done for Haiti. I never thought Anderson cooper would achieve such a hard task because I know the job he's done is not easy . May god bless you for what you have done. I would also like to thank Dr. Sanjay Gupta because he made me believe that Haiti is not forgotten and I thank you once again for what you have done and all the staff member journalist made it possible for us to view what has happened in Haiti I also thank all the nations that came together to make it possible for Haiti to be a better place. Thank you all and god bless America and god bless Haiti.

January 22, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  10. kim feltz

Anderson Cooper and his crew are anything short of amazing,I know it is in your blood to report on anything and everything that comes into the path of your lens,when i see you put yourself in harms way to protect a child who can not protect himself and others stand by and just watch I am brought to tears,never have you lost your compassion through any thing.stay safe and God Bless.

January 22, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  11. Nancy Johnson

Love you so much Anderson, please stay safe. You are doing an impossible job.

January 22, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  12. Cindy

Great pics of Cooper and Sanjay!

Their reporting in Haiti has been outstanding! I wish they could stay for weeks to show us how things are progressing there. Hopefully even though they leave we will still get many updates.

Cindy..Ga.

January 22, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  13. Jasmine

So sad! Can't wait til the Haitians Recovers. Thanks CNN!

January 22, 2010 at 4:44 pm |
  14. Athalie

I just wanted to say thank you to Anderson Cooper, Dr.Gupta, and Ivan for so much needed coverage on Haiti...May GOD bless you guys

January 22, 2010 at 4:08 pm |
  15. Robert Joseph

Thank you very much Dr. Gupta. You rather played the role of an "angel" for the numerous victims you helped. May God bless you and your family!

January 22, 2010 at 4:03 pm |