January 18th, 2010

Photo gallery: A behind the scenes look at Anderson's reporting in Haiti

AC360°

Anderson arrived in Haiti soon after the earthquake devastated the people and infrastructure in Haiti. Since that time, he has remained on the scene, reporting on the aftermath and developing crisis. Tune in at 11pm EST tonight for the latest report live from Haiti.

Filed under: Anderson Cooper • Haiti Earthquake
  1. Lillian Carilo, Highlands Ranch, CO

Watching CNN Larry King HELP HAITI. If you ask me CNN news crews reporting from Haiti should be nominated CNN Heroes 2010

January 18, 2010 at 8:31 pm |
  2. Annie Kate

Magnificent coverage from everyone at CNN. Most stations you wouldn't know there had been an earthquake in Haiti because they carry so little coverage of it. I'm glad that CNN is sticking with news – first, last and always and that they have people like Anderson reporting on it.

January 18, 2010 at 8:02 pm |
  3. Meredith

Seems to me if anyone is running Haiti at the moment its CNN. Thanks to all the Outstanding reporting, aid is finally arriving. YOu guys are going above and beyond! I can only imagine what you are facing over there. Seeing Anderson carrying that young boy with the bleeding headd touched my heart. I hope you all dont burn yourselvess out! Anderson, go eat some of that pie you like and watch some battlestar Galactica! After visiting those horrifying mass graves you need it! God Bless all the reporters over there! Take care of yourselves, be safe!

January 18, 2010 at 7:58 pm |
  4. Thanhhuong thi Nguyen

The scene of the bleeding boy had brought me to my past when I was about his age ans was in the same, maybe worse situation. Therefore, I was crying so hard for a few minutes and it encourage me to write to Mr. Cooper.
    On behalf of Human-being I would like to thank you very much for reaching out and help with all of your ability, you are my HERO.
    As a VN war victim, boat person, refugee and an 8.1 magnitude earthquake survivor I am totally undestand and feel the feelings of Haitians right now. I wish I could help more. This is my solution for this situation in Haiti: Can the World or any Country nearby set up a temporary refugee camp? This will ease and save a lot on everything and probably save more lives, times, money...Etc...Also, it will give the Aid workers more space to work, safer and faster. Flying people out of Haiti and settle them in the Camp is much easier and faster than fying all the needs into Haiti? Beside, when people are in the Camp is easier for people to volunteer in every which way, like me. I am willing to volunteer in many different field without any condition. And I can confirm to you that I am a truthfully diasters survivor, I am experienced and I would like to share it with Haitians. There is a lot more but I have to stop now. Thanks again for your loving, helping passion Mr. Cooper.

January 18, 2010 at 7:15 pm |
  5. caryl richmond

Anderson, pulling that young injured boy from the looting violence today was a truly heroic and selfless act, you are my hero'

January 18, 2010 at 7:06 pm |
  6. kim sherrell

The shot of you grabbing the boy with blood on his face struck me so hard. I cannot imagine what you have seen and witnessed, god bless you and keep you safe there. It is so horrific whats happened and I really commend the work you are doing to help us see what has happened there. So sad for all those people and kids. Stay safe.

January 18, 2010 at 6:57 pm |
  7. Doreen

A great example of Anderson Cooper really showing his caring nature was today when he scooped that boy up that was hit in the head by looters. He left his camera and jumped right in to help. Great reporting on CNN with a very caring group of reporters.

January 18, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  8. Adrienne Michel

Your doing an exceptional job from reporting from Haiting and helping out where its need most. You and your team are true life savers. God Bless.

January 18, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  9. cherryrn

This is a mission for these CNN reporters. Thank God , they are there. It would be total chaos without this team and the whole station.

January 18, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  10. Rebecca- Illinois

This earthquake has been a very scary and devastating thing.
    My heart goes out to the people of Haiti.
    Very interesting photos of what is left of Haiti. Yet it is very sad.
    Anderson and the CNN crew always have a very informative report
    every night from Haiti. Sanjay Gupta's reporting is very good also.
    Thank you for CNN for your top notch reporting.
    Excellent job everyone.

January 18, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  11. biba, phila

Great job and most importantly it seems like you care! All my prayers for HAiti.

January 18, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  12. Abi

Anderson, u touched my heart with you kind works....God bless ur efforts and keep u safe.

January 18, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  13. Tim Gibson

How has the earthquake affected all those in Haiti who are living with HIV/AIDS?

Why has aide to the many who now find themselves homeless and sleeping in fields or streets been so long in coming? What reasonable excuse do we have as a world in stepping forward to help? What is the real human side to this story, what are the people of Haiti saying?

January 18, 2010 at 4:35 pm |
  14. Paula, Colorado

The continual reporting from Haiti has been excellent, though must be a little overwhelming–as it is to just hear or watch. These still photos are great.

January 18, 2010 at 4:24 pm |
  15. Mary

I, also, am wondering about the surrounding area. If anyone is willing to venture out there, I am confident it will be Mr. Cooper. I agree, he certainly is in his element, and know one tells the story better. He makes sure the focus is on the people of Haiti and not himself. I am also very impressed with Dr. Gupta's efforts there. Keep up the great work, my thoughts and prayers are with you and the people of Haiti.

January 18, 2010 at 3:51 pm |
  16. Dennis Baker

Once again AC does an outstanding job.....Lets support Haiti all we can, lets not loose sight of all the suffering in the US with Homeless, Job Less, and each an every American trying to make a living

January 18, 2010 at 3:26 pm |
  17. javier valdes

Anderson Cooper done good job reporting what going on their ty for telling us what going haiti

January 18, 2010 at 1:59 pm |
  18. Cindy

Great Pics!! They show Cooper in his element right in the thick of things. Gotta love that!

Cindy..Ga.

January 18, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
  19. Fred Michel

Haiti needs haitians to be rebuilt! We must stand up for our brothers and sisters. CNN keeps me updated and Ac is doing a great Job so far. There are a few places beside Pap he needs to visit for us...please go to Petion-ville as well.

January 18, 2010 at 1:54 pm |
  20. Sherry Schueman

Regarding the rebuild of Port-au-Prince in the months and years to come... would the US send out-of-work Americans to Haiti to help in the rebuild? It would be a good way for America to help Haiti, and also put some of our many who are currently unemployed back to work.

January 18, 2010 at 1:41 pm |
  21. lisa demaio

ac i think you are doing a magnifcent job in hati god bless you and the cnn crew be safe!!!

January 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm |