January 15th, 2010
  1. Vikki Z

The video documentary you had shown last night at the end of the 10:00pm broadcast that was later edited on the 11:00pm showing was the most surreal thing I have ever witnessed. I cried for hours and it is exactly what the people of this world need to see to show the severe disrespect to those who have passed away. My heart bleeds. God Bless Haiti.

January 16, 2010 at 3:43 pm |
  2. Bill

As tragic as this video is to watch, it is the reality that one has to face. There are no facilities there at the moment to do otherwise. This also happened after the Tsunami in SE Asia. Certain things have to be done no matter how unpleasant they may seem. I guess it is difficult for those who have never worked in tough environments like this, to understand. We must try to look at this realistically!

January 16, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  3. Karen, New York

Anderson Cooper, you are doing such a wonderful job reporting this tradgedy that is going on in Haiti. You are so brave and passionate about your work, and that is so admorable. My family is from Haiti but fortunately we are all here and safe but my heart is still broken for Haiti. I cant stop crying over this. I just want you to know that your work is so appreciated. Thank you.

January 16, 2010 at 10:41 am |
  4. James Holt

What are all the billionaires’ in the U.S. doing to help? When disasters strikes like this they disappear into the background!

January 16, 2010 at 9:54 am |
  5. Tim Gibson

Aside from the need to bury the dead to prevent disease, how difficult it will be for some to know their family members were there one day and now they are gone to never be seen again or to even know where their remains lay. This is so sad.

January 16, 2010 at 7:44 am |
  6. Mackenson

Hello AC, I appreciate the job you are doing in Haiti. My TV set is stuck on CNN. But i must ask a very big favor of you. My sister is missing in Haiti: her name is Mirline Plaisime. she lives in Avenue Pouplar area. please help however you can

January 15, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  7. Renee

My heart goes out to the ctizens of Hiati. It would be interesting to ask the citizens of New Orleans how they feel about the response in time, aid, food, medical and manpower the victims of the earthquake are recieving in Haiti vs. those exact same things the victims of hurricane katrina recieved in the United States from the same U.S. goverment. Seems to me the response from the U.S. goverment is much faster in Hiati than it ever was in New Orleans

January 15, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  8. Millie E

Anderson I have followed you since the Katina and now here. You have shown much love for the people. I have been praying and crying since this happen. I live in chicago and we are all trying to help in anyway we can. They say these are the last days and went I see things like this I wander if it is our last days. I will be praying for your safe return.

January 15, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  9. Sharon

Anderson, please verify why pictures are not being taken of the deceased before burial. This would aide the family in identifying the family members.

In addition, are bodies being buried with the trash?

Keep up the great reporting.

January 15, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  10. Nancy Johnson

Haiti is the saddest situation I have seen. We do like to be kept informed BUT do believe SO many news people, reporters, photograhers by the hundreds are only adding to the cauous. All the networks and reporters should pull out and let ONE like CNN capture the news and photos and share with the networks. All those extra people are not needed. Made me sick when I saw Diane Sawyer and Katie Couric and Brian Williams all there, NOT NECESSARY

January 15, 2010 at 4:58 pm |
  11. Hugh Keough, Esq.

Of course, anyone can bury any of their family members in any manner that they wish. I would respectfully submit that religious leaders endorse respectful funeral pyres for the anonymous at this time.

My prayers for the people of Haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 4:38 pm |
  12. david from Princeton, NJ -USA

We must know who is dead.

We must know where the dead are buried.

Americans in Haiti should write their names on buildings with phone numbers saying they are alive.

Have a central location for names and photos.

Have Americans put thier name on their shirts.

Giving the food out needs troop support.

January 15, 2010 at 4:05 pm |
  13. Cindy

I figured that they would start doing mass graves. They really have no choice with so many dead and having to bury them all to prevent diseases and such.

It is so sad that a lot of these people will never be known or seen again. Their families will always have to wonder where they are and what happened to their body's. Just like Anderson I can't seem to get over that either. So sad!

Cindy..Ga.