January 14th, 2010

Video: Rumors of a flood

Anderson Cooper | BIO
AC360° Anchor

Filed under: Anderson Cooper • Haiti Earthquake
  1. virginia willis

Hi Anderson, Bless you for being there in Haiti with those truly devastated people. Come home safely..

January 14, 2010 at 3:27 pm |
  2. S Rosales

Why not use a blimp to dispense information and updates to the people?

January 14, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  3. Myrlande Edmond

I am really greatful for all the coverages CNN has brougth to us. We still have not heard from any relative; we just hope for the best.

January 14, 2010 at 3:01 pm |
  4. Isabel - Brazil.

Rumors of a flood – the insecurity and sense of helplessness and vulnerability that people should feel after an earthquake like this must be horrible.

The Haitian people must have the strength to overcome this ordeal

January 14, 2010 at 2:52 pm |
  5. Fabiola Jocelin

My big concern is that people in haiti sick for help, but if the donations goes to the government they won't help people that need help they will keep it for themself. please it's very important.

January 14, 2010 at 2:47 pm |
  6. Jacques SaintVil

Mr. Cooper

Thank you for your outstanding coverage of Haiti desaster.

January 14, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  7. Salvatore Cirasuolo

Dear Mr Cooper

If it hasn't been suggested by now, but you know how many countries have military and naval manuvers globally, you think maybe we can have global relief manuvers, where many countries can coordinate their efforts
    to help instead of showing their muscle! So in the future help will be sooner, effective and saves lives.

I hope humanity can learn from this and all natural disasters coordinate and effective relief

My thougths and prayers go out to all victims of this horrible earthquake.

January 14, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  8. Rick Abbott - CEO ChicagoConsultants.Com, Inc.

Anderson – US Needs to think out of the box on Haiti relief – We have
    many cruse ships with plenty of beds, space & food supplies. Get
    them involved now. They have on-board water purification systems, food
    storage capable of providing services to people everyday.... They may
    be a private business but their services and time to deploy is
    invaluable. Time is of the essence.

January 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm |
  9. jennifer gray

omg, this is terrible . those poor people, they are so scared. my heart is breaking for them. My prayers are with all of the people from Haiti !

January 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm |
  10. Andrew S, Los Angeles, CA

I'm saying a prayer for you Clairemine

January 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm |
  11. Elisa

I just wanted to say CNN is awesome!!! You have provided information on Haiti from the first second the earthquake happen. You continue to provide information like no other newschannel. Please continue to do so. I pray for your employees that are on site helping. Your reporters are just great. When it comes to news CNN is number one. No other station is doing a job as you are. Congratulation keep up the good work, we will continue to watch and pray for the people in Haiti.

January 14, 2010 at 2:33 pm |
  12. Fiaht

I am praying. We all need the God's grace and protection.

January 14, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
  13. CLAIREMINE CYRISE

Dear Mr. Cooper:

I have been watching your coverage from Haiti after the devastating earthquake hit the capital. I applaude what you and the rest of the news organizations are doing for risking your lives to bring this terrible disaster to the world. Thanks.

I need your help and I need it now. I am a student at Palm Beach State college here in Lake Worth, Florida and I from Haiti. Since the earthquake occured, I have been unable to get in touch with my mother, father and other family members. I am not sure if they are still alive or what has happened to them.

I am writing to give you their names, address, and phone numbers to see if you can help me locate anyone of them. My father's name is Antonio Cyrise who lived in ROUTE FRENE, VIVIEN MICHELLE, #7, PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI. My Mother's name is CLAIRE CYRISE.

Their phone numbers are 509-406-4642 OR 509-3-656-4418. OR 905-97873 OR 509-3-859-8609.

Please see what you can do for me to help me locate my family. You can send me an email or call me @ 561-598-2680 OR 561-540-4465.

May God Bless you for all that you have done for the people of Haiti already.

Greetings.

Clairemine.

January 14, 2010 at 2:09 pm |
  14. Naomi M.

Hi Anderson, I've been watching your coverage about Haiti and all i can say is God bless you for all you're doing. Let me get to the point, I dont know who else to say this to but do you think the Haitians should find the reporters that are in Haiti right now which correspond to the country overseas where they have family and register their names ( for example the haitians in Haiti that have US parent should find the CNN reporter crew and register their names and CNN can have a running meesage on their show with those peoples names no mess like they do for snow day school closing.) the ones who have family in Italy, or France or where ever do the same . . i have a few US haitians friends that are in gut wrenching agony oveer the lack of information about their family there in HAITI. . .

January 14, 2010 at 2:03 pm |
  15. Terry

On Hati's power problems I just look on the internet and found out that Hati has a dam that provides power.
    What shape is it in after the quake?
    can it still produce power?

January 14, 2010 at 1:58 pm |