December 29th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/29/09

Tonight on 360°, the intelligence failure linked to the bombing attempt on a U.S. jetliner on Christmas Day. Plus, the top medical headlines of 2009 and an up close look at Charlie Sheen's latest legal troubles.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. David, Indiana

@Starr Yes, true, money for warfare can backfire. Better to to get things on more solid footing by building relations, gaining momentum in that respect.

@Emily Yes he had a ticket but how does he get on an international flight without a passport, if that happened? Does anyone at an airport have that discretion? If that actually happened that's a whole story in itself.

Thank you Erica and Dr. Sanjay Gupta for that look at this years medical headlines. Very thoughtful.

Must be a tremendous amt of work to combine all those songs.

Good night Isabel, good night everyone

December 29, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Emily

Glad to see you on the blog tonight Martina 🙂
    Have a great night Erica, 360 Team, Megan and Bloggers!
    '

December 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Sabrina in Los Angeles

My family is one of those dysfunctional ones.

Father travels for work and has a bad temper when things don't go his way, yet he acts nice to strangers.

Mother is a control freak because she was raised in the middle of 8 and "didn't/doesn't have anything that is hers alone."

She was often gone to be in the hospital with my sister for her club feet.

I learned to avoid them and they like to pull guilt trips.

Charlie Sheen is no different than them.

You have to not give in to their manipulations and the tone, hiding in her room "safe zone", and walking on egg shells to appease were common in my youth....No more.

I refuse to pass that dysfunction on to my daughter. I have her away from it for that reason.

Xmas was a pain with them. The table didn't need to be set up 2hrs early in the living room. The salad didn't need to be prepped 1 hr ahead of time either.

Everything got to the table except her yams...oven got turned off so that was a delay.

People who are like that don't know how to let go of control and that is why they get so angry over everything and strike out at others.

God controls the world not anyone else.....let it go....time reveals all....don't hide the truth...it will find you.

December 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. A. Smith, Oregon

Goodnight Erica, CNN Staff, fellow bloggers!

December 29, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you Erica, Randi-Kaye & entire Team 360 for another great news program! Good night too.

Good night fellow bloggers too. Megan Dresslar, David, Indiana, Emily too.

Eric, your earrings are stunning! Christmas present?

December 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Emily

Wow, that's your job Jack?
    to surf YouTube like that?

that's a tough job!

December 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. A. Smith, Oregon

Great song, a teaser also!

December 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, Randi, Ed Henry, David Gergen, Martina Ilstad, Emily and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Day of the shot with mixed videos my favorite rap song I love!!!!!
    Don't forget watch Happy New Year Eve with Anderson and Kathy on Thursday night!
    Erica,
    Hope see you tomorrow night,........

December 29, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Emily

@chrislyn,

No one is saying anything bad about this terrorist father!
    In fact, I only hear praise for what he did, in going into the CIA and talking to them about his own son!
    I think that many are concerned about them...wondering what when wrong...I don't hear anything neg. about his family, esp. his father!

December 29, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Mike formerly from Syracuse

@Emily, I agree, Jimmy Hendrix beats Lady Gaga any time.

December 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Omar Haleem

Hi Erica, Anderon, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year..

Sad to hear about Sheen...what a way to remember new year.

thanks for putting up the 1st n 2nd songs:)

December 29, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Jennifer - AZ

I love Lady Gaga and the way she plays with fame

December 29, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  13. Emily

lady gaga?

Give me Jimi Hendrix! They just don't make music like they use to!

December 29, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  14. Terri

The concern about carry on luggage and after the recent attempt to bomb a plane, the requirement to conduct a security check on all carry on luggage would be minimized if airlines would stop charging for checking in luggage. What we have experienced are more and more travelers carrying luggage to avoid additional charges. Consider the TSA agents that have to not only check the person but also check luggage-after awhile, it becomes a routine rather than an important task -and they may miss something important.

December 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  15. Emily

@ Mike formerly from Syracuse,

it's a good possibility!
    not everyone, and many don't report Domestic Violence for they don't feel that anything is going to happen to their abuser. They can be re-victimized when he/she is released!

Emotional abuse is even worse and they usually go hand-in-hand!
    someone telling you that you are useless, a no-go, and wear down you self-esteem!

December 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  16. A. Smith, Oregon

Good question Erica! Once a wife beater, likely to remain a wife abuser!
    And the children in such a home are really cast into the emotional tornado which are often swept up in the toxic cloud that erupts from spousal fights.

December 29, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  17. starr, formerly known as vincent

If there have been more than one report on violence against women by Charlie Sheen, then something definitive needs to be done to stop him.

Domestic violence does cause loss of life and is dangerous!

December 29, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  18. Caroline, Los Angeles

I would say, based on all the statements of the women Sheen has been involved with, that he has a serious problem. Maybe he should retire from acting for a while and try to go live a normal life somehow.

December 29, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  19. Martina Ilstad Germany

So blogging family,Megan,Emily,at leat Anderson (where are you?)
    i have to try to sleeping again,its midnight here in Germany. Have a good night and a very Happy New Year 2010.

December 29, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  20. Jennifer - AZ

Innocent – sure. No one has that much bad luck. I'm willing to jump to the conclusion that he's a jerk.

December 29, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  21. Aldrin

I am not an American, but I just want to say that I am proud of the sometimes thankless job you guys do to bring peace around the world, by assisting those nations that cant protect themselves from terrorists. May God continue to bless the United States of America and all those who fight for freedom... I am also saddened to see the extraordinary efforts Americans have to go to just to secure themselves against terrorism. Keep up the good work. Anderson, I love your show!

December 29, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  22. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I remember my favorite the year of 2009 is 2 pilots saved all many people on the plane, when bird hit the engine cause to shut down to land in Hudson River..... Pilots are my heroes! and my favorite is the shot of Anderson's clip!!!!!! I do love 5 things from Anderson's clip.

December 29, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  23. A. Smith, Oregon

Denise Richards is probably privately going, yep, been there and done that.

December 29, 2009 at 10:48 pm |