December 18th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/18/09

Tonight on 360°, we're tracking the massive storm that could cause a big mess along the east coast this weekend. Plus,  a Mexican  drug cartel leader is killed and law enforcement is on alert for reprisal attacks. We take you inside the war next door.

Want to know what else we're covering? <strong><a href="http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/category/the-buzz/&#034; target="_blank">Read EVENING BUZZ</a></strong>

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&amp;*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. A. Smith, Oregon

Goodnight Erica, Anderson and the CNN360 Staff, continued success.

Best wishes to the CNN360 Bloggers, Dodie et. al. nite!

December 18, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Will

Everyone, have a great night and those in the storm stay warm!

December 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I remember the story of this woman with a live chicken getting on a bus in San Francisco and when the driver told her she couldn't bring the live animal on the bus, she stopped and snapped of the chicken's head (ahead of schedule). (Honest, I'm not making this up.)

To everyone in the path of extreme weather, I wish you well, please stay safe. Thank you!

December 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. lisal -canada

nite all . happy weekend . stay warm .

December 18, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. A. Smith, Oregon

Silky's are the best hen's to care for any eggs you want to hatch, regardless if they are chickens, turkeys, ducks, pheasants etc.

December 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Dodie

Good evening everyone! Great show. Have a wonderful evening and weekend.

December 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. janeh

Good night all. Drive safely everyone in the snowstorm.

December 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you Erica & entire Team 360 for a great show! Good night too and i hope you all have a great weekend, snow or no snow.

Good night fellow bloggers, interesting discussions, as always. i hope all of you have a terrific weekend too.

Hang-over tip seems true to me.

Silky has his place too.

December 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Karen, MN

Erica,

I love Anderson but you did a great job tonight. Good Night!

December 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Emily

Have a great night Erica, (you did a great job hosting tonight!), David Gergen, Megan, Martina, & Bloggers!

Love the shot, and great stories!

Stay warm everyone and out of the snow.....glad you made it back home Mike before the snow storm! 🙂

Happy Weekend Bloggers!

December 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, Ed Henry, David Gergen Martina Ilstad, Emily and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Have a great weekend!
    See you on Monday night!
    Day of the shot with little chicken so cute!!!!!! Awwwww!!! Nice shot!! 🙂 Love shot!
    Erica,
    See you on Monday night!
    You’re doing great job this week, while Anderson is gone!!!!! You are so awesome anchor all week!!! Yay!!!

December 18, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. A. Smith, Oregon

Here in Oregon, assault or killing a Police Dog is treated as an assault or murder of a Police Officer.

I love cats and friendly dogs, but grow very tired of starving dogs knocking over garbage cans trying to survive these difficult economic times which has been very unfair to former pets.

December 18, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Bill Holcombe

Dogs rule. Should be compensated for loss of dog.

December 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  14. Gary Schecter

I lost my cat in 2004 due to the negligence of his vet. I eventually pursued legal action through the small claims court...this took approximately 2 years.

The judge stated it was the first such case and that the vet's insurance company would use all available resources to ensure a precedent were not established in this case.

According to the judge, my cat was considered chattel...property...therefore I could not sue for pain and suffering.

I wish the couple the best of wishes as their case moves through the court system in Vermont.

December 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  15. nigel canada

Hey lisel
    No disrespect intended. Having worked in this area, trust me the street gangs and organized crime are involved in the prescription drug trade as it is.

December 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  16. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Great job tonight Erica! I loved seeing all the 360 dogs!
    You all have a great week~end! Tailwags!!!!!

December 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  17. Dodie

@ A. Smith, Oregon

I have always admired paramedics! They are first on the scene and the person's life is completely in their hands. Sending you a wave of admiration!

December 18, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  18. Emily

Thank goodness he was freed while he was still alive!

December 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  19. Will

@Emily – Ha...I will definitely look into buying a snow blower; especially, if this storm is as bad as what they are estimating.

December 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  20. Brian in Chicago

I have had dogs all my life. Each one had it's own personality but ALL had total love for me and I for them. i have mourned each loss as I would mourn a loss of a child or any companion....they have all been my kids!
    what difference does it make? they're a part of the family!
    this is ridiculous....i hope they bust to the max, that guy to who shot that poor family's baby!
    thanks Erica and all.....

December 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  21. Emily

Woods should worry if his wife walks away from him and divorces him!!!

another company dropping him is nothing!

December 18, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  22. janeh

There was just another case in Vermont involving a dog shooting. The dog of an off duty policeman went into a neighbors yard and got into a fight with the neighbors dog. The policeman went back to his house, got a gun, and shot the neighbor's dog. The jury acquitted the policeman, he's been reinstated. I wonder if this will be another one headed for the Supreme Court.

December 18, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  23. Karin

I believe a pet is part of a family and if I were to loose my little 16 old Miniature Schnauzer because someone decided to shot him, it would certainly have an emotional impact. However, I wouldn't go as far as sue this person for emotional trauma but definately have this person charged for unlawful use of a weapon and cruelty to an animal.

December 18, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  24. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Jeff Toobin. Let me help you. Yes, you can equate the loss of a pet with the loss of a dog. For people who cannot have children, our pets are our children (as Erica stated). They bleed, hurt, cry, feel, etc., just like we do. They are God's creatures and we are not superior to them. They depend on and trust us.

December 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  25. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

@gayle mccauley! Amen to that!

December 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  26. Emily

@starr, formerly known as vincent,

I agree with you about Ray!

Not a spiritual leader at all!

December 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  27. Karen, MN

Must love dogs. I have two labs. One black "Dakota" and one yellow "Gracie"! I lost two dogs two years ago to a car accident. It was very sad but I won't be anything like losing a child. I also have two teenagers. I love my dogs but they aren't the same as my children.

December 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  28. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Jeff Tobbin, Lisa Bloom and Erica's dogs are so cute.... I love dogs including Anderson's dog Molly, too!!!! 🙂

December 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  29. Dodie

@ Gady Mayen – Hamilton, Canada

I am right beside you regarding being an animal lover. I was a vegetarian for years because the thought of eating meat just disgusted me. However, I have had a small change in mind

December 18, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  30. charlie

I thought that in many states a homeowner could legitimately shoot a human intruder? Why not a dog?

December 18, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  31. Chaney, Louisiana

Michael Ware was telling it like it is.... and Oh by the way how many years and how many dollars have we spent in our war on drugs...... and it is no better..... we need to stop waging war we are not good at it...........

December 18, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  32. Susan, NJ

A dog should be compensated like livestock, otherwise, all these human emotions are wrapped up in the "relationship."

December 18, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  33. starr, formerly known as vincent

Any one who has dogs, likely understands that dog's are pack animals. Meaning that when you have a dog as a pet, you understand that he/she is part of your family (pack) and so does the dog.

As a result, dogs DO become a part of a family.

i feel that animals deserve more legal attention than they get. Medicine is using dogs & cats for healing, PT, and other healing uses. Animals are our teachers and healers if only people would pay attention.

December 18, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  34. Will

Protect the dogs.

December 18, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  35. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Anyone who will kill a defenseless animal for no good reason sends a red flag. This sounds like a dangerous person.

December 18, 2009 at 10:51 pm |