December 16th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/16/09

Is Pres. Obama flip-flopping on a promise to let Americans buy cheaper prescription drugs from other countries? We're keeping them honest on health care tonight.

We're also tracking a mysterious story out of Texas. A 10-year-old boy was taken from his school bus by uniformed officers and returned to his father. It was all caught on tape. We'll show you the video. At the time, court officials believed the father should have custody. But now a warrant has been issued for the father, who's accused of using incomplete Mexican court documents to get his son.Ever since the tense moment on that school bus last month, the boy and his father haven't been seen. Tonight, you'll hear from the boy's mother who wants her son returned.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. David, Indiana

That's terrible Berniece Diaz's husband did not show up with her son to the hearing that was supposed to follow his getting custody.

Whew a busy night.

We all grow up to love and appreciate our moms but that is funny story Anderson.

I thought Jerry was enjoying a Tale of Two cities.

Good night Isabel good night everyone

December 16, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. John

Anderson – the missing child in Texas story needs more real investigation. Locals at a court house will stick up for a Judge.

December 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Emily

Have a great night Anderson, (& your mom), Joe Johns, David Gergen, Megan, Martina, and Bloggers!

Hope that you all have a great night! 😛

December 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Onna

Loved the AC360 shot tonight, Anderson! Great show on R&K today!

December 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Jennifer - AZ

For me it was my mom's pants.

Have a great night everyone

December 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Karen, MN

Anderson, when I was in High School my mom would wear a red snowmobile suite to all the football games. My parents were teachers so everyone knew them. She still has the red snowmobile suite!

December 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! "The Tale Of The Bill!"

December 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Sadly, Jerry is unable, or unwilling to appreciate the genius of Dickens.

December 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Jane

Good night to everyone. Stay warm if you're in the northeast. brrrrr.

December 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Lisa A., Philadelphia, PA

Love a lively Anderson. Great show! Saw that Regis and Kelly (love DVR), have to get me some crack pie. Jerry, no shame in giving it up! HA HA – Have a great night everyone.

December 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson, & Team 360 for another diversified and informative news program, it was geat! Good night too.

Good night fellow bloggers. Always great reading and having excellent exchanges of ideas etc.

I love the story about Anderson's mom...she looks great!

December 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, Ed Henry, David Gergen, Martina Ilstad, Emily and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Day of the shot with other one Regis and Kelly!!!! I do love his mom Gloria love her fan of Kelly Ripa!!!! LOL!!!! Wow!!!! He was so blushing his face LOL! Love shot!!! AwWWWWWW!!!!!
    Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

December 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Heather - Spokane, WA

Sanford should've been impeached for what he did. On the popular names, I cant begin to tell you how many Heathers I have met in my life and my best friend in school was named Heather. Have a good night all!

December 16, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Shanny

Getting paid to read Dickens. Nicccccccccce!

December 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Emily

@Anderson,
    Your mom looks Great! 🙂

Your mom is Awesome!!! 😛
    Anderson, you look SO cute talking about your mom! 🙂 awe!

Gloria V. is awesome! @>–

December 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. colleen

Your mom is still so beautiful!!

December 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

Good night people! Good night Anderson!

Great show today! Amazing live blog .... thanks!

See you tomorrow!

December 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

So Anderson, sounds like your mother the Alexis Carrington-Colby of her day!

December 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. LisaL - Canada

somehow i can't imagine your mom being boring ... that's priceless!! (and no, there are no purple beavers in canada)

December 16, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

I saw your mom too! It was sweet.Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.Casey,I was so happy to meet you this weekend!! : )

December 16, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  21. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

@Anderson
    Whenever your mother appears with you, I have the impression that she takes you out of the axes. Your mother breaks you! I only see her do that with you! I loved it!

December 16, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  22. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Gloria is WAY beautiful and cool! I love her and I love purple too Gloria!

December 16, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  23. Adelaide

Well, I guess now is about the time to say: G'night everyone! &
    Thank you Mr. Cooper! By the way, I am a great admirer of your mom!

December 16, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Shanny

She's looking wonderful!

December 16, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  25. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

@Anderson

your mother is gorgeous!

December 16, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  26. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Goodnight bloggers and 360 Coops~Great show tonight!

December 16, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  27. Lori

I have to leave. Good night Anderson and everyone. Sweet dreams. See you tomorrow.

December 16, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  28. Robin Sandy, Utah

I bet big Pharm pays more for tv advertising than R&D.

December 16, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  29. Onna

Good evening Anderson and fellow bloggers:

My heart goes out to the 10 yr old boy who was abducted and to his mother. I just don't understand why the court officials didn't verify the legitimacy of the documents that were submitted by the father. This could have prevented the abduction altogether.

Why weren't procedures followed? The judicial system needs to ensure situations like this don't repeat themselves.

December 16, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  30. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Long way story only 787 pages Charles Dickens!!!!! Not enough to read one hour! 37 pages!

December 16, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  31. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.,

"Jerry,what page are you on now?"

To read it is one thing, to comprehend is quite another. I think Anderson should quiz him on it when he is finished.

December 16, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  32. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

"You just turn each pages and then you are done!"

December 16, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  33. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Great story About Barkley Anderson. Me thinks you have your Dad's story telling skills~That was LMAO fun!

December 16, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  34. Emily

Speed-Reading!
    It's a great course, and a life saver!

December 16, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  35. Nancy in Oregon

Interesting, Isabel....thank you.

December 16, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  36. A. Smith, Oregon

Goodnight Anderson, Erica and the entire 360 Staff, keep up the great work, thanks!

December 16, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  37. Emily

That is a great quote there Anderson, that Charles B. said to you!

Seems like many of the bloggers think the same thing that he does.

December 16, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  38. Lisa A., Philadelphia, PA

If Charles is such great friends with Tiger, he knew about the ladies. Great Berkley impersonation Anderson! HA HA

December 16, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  39. Ralph

In America nearly every product or service - medical care, medications, tires, and even your cup of coffee - must build the cost of potential lawsuits into the price you and I pay for the product or service. The threat of a suit is significantly less in Canada and most other countries, hence prices can be lower.

We talked about the amount of money drug companies contribute to politicians. What does the American Trial Lawyers Lobby contribute to politicians to keep their cash cow on the backs of American consumers who ultimately bear the cost of medical lawsuits and product liability lawsuits that simply don't happen in Canada.

December 16, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  40. Lori

Tiger's friends deserve a phone call from him indicating he is okay and not in immediate trouble. He could be in a fragile state. This is a shocking story. He is probably dealing with a lot of shame. It must difficult to deal with this in the public eye.

December 16, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  41. Robin

Wake up America, please! It is time to take the government back from all of the big industries, and put them back to work for us, the people who pay our taxes, and should pay their salaries. We didn't send them there to work for Big Pharm, Oil, Health Care Insurance, who ever buys them off! This is insane, and the people of this country are suffering. The government does not care about anything but big money, and we have to stop it now!

December 16, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  42. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I'd like to see "Real Housewives of the Bronx."

December 16, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  43. Emily

"blood-spinning", never heard of that before.

This is not good that Tiger Woods is not talking to anyone!

Very bad to isolate yourself, regardless of whom you are.
    It's extremely unhealthy, I hope that he talks to some of the people that were there with Robin M. tonight.

December 16, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  44. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

@Nancy in Oregon

There are many conjectures about the case. Some say that the mother's family did not agree with the marriage of David and Bruna, then they support it when she wanted to separate.

Others say that the attitude of David was not always the most sensible and correct.

It's hard to know what is true, what is not, so I prefer to direct my opinion for the justice. David is the father and has rights. If it was not a good husband is another story.

December 16, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  45. Monica M. Williams

First of all it always baffles me when people make their private concerns public. Do we really need to know Tiger changed his phone number?

Chuck, Spike…have you tried contacting one of Tigers' alleged mistress’? Apparently they to know more deceptive tricks then the average person in regards to contacting Tiger incognito.

I’m a sports fan and like Chuck’s candid flair. He makes valid point which all need to be addressed one/one with his friend. Chuck and Spike have people who are connected to other celebrity handlers. It should only take a call to Tiger’s manager, assistants to get through to him. If that’s not working then maybe it is time to take Tiger’s lead and back off for a while.

December 16, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  46. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Spike Lee was shocked about Woods' affairs? I would have been shocked if he hadn't had affairs. All celebrities, especially athletes, like to prove their importance by "having" affairs and multiple "partners."

So what else is new?

December 16, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  47. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Jerry,what page are you on now?

December 16, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  48. Robin

What costs the drug companies more, R&D or the 2-3 minute advertisement I just watched on your program? My money is on the add.

December 16, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  49. Heather - Spokane, WA

Just seeing that picture of the knee and hearing how they give that injection to that area makesa me think of a Cortizone shot ( they put the needle under the knee cap....ouch!)

December 16, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  50. Kathryn

I have never heard of blood spinning- I wonder if it's ever used for pain management therapy.

December 16, 2009 at 10:45 pm |