December 15th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/15/09

Tonight on 360°, the new twists in the fight over health care reform. We'll look at why it seems Sen. Joe Lieberman seems to be the most powerful and hated man right now on Capitol Hill. Plus, the health dangers of CT scans and more.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. starr, formerly known as vincent

Good night Anderson, Erica, Tom & Team 360 and thank you again fo a diversified show, much appeciated.

Good night fellow bloggers. Good night David, Indiana, always appreciate .your commentary

December 15, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  2. A. Smith, Oregon

@Anderson, it seems there are more and more Crohn's Syndrome support groups sprouting up in medical community's these days. I would suggest your relative and family connect with them to share ideas and support techniques.

December 15, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Jennifer - AZ

@ Gady – thanks!

December 15, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  4. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Night Everyone! Anderson, you have been practicing with the lips thing!

December 15, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Christy

@Arthur
    Is 2 abdominal CAT scans in 2 years a lot? What kinds of cancers can you get from too much radiation? I am really scared.

December 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  6. LisaL - Canada

that was really funny - kelly is at least as adorable as fergie!

December 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  7. Lori

Good night! Sweet dreams. See you tomorrow.

December 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  8. Jennifer - AZ

I have got to start watching Regis and Kelly. Anderson, you are always so funny.

Have a wonderful night, everyone!

December 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  9. Heather - Spokane, WA

I enjoy it whenever you are on Regis and Kelly, Anderson and I look forward to seeing you on it tomorrow morning! Have a good night all!

December 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Ed

Irritible Bowel Syndrome is a bad example for eliminating ear mark money.. IBS is closly related to Irritible Bowel Disease and Crohn's Disease and is life altering. If a cure were found it woul;d save me $700 per week for Humera injections. $700,000 for research and "equipment" (like a colonscope) would be well spebt.

December 15, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Steve from PA

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer in March 2008 and underwent surgery (orchiectomy). Since then I have had at least 6-7 CT scans of the abdomen/pelvis with contrast. I am 39 years old. Is there a better way to check for cancer growths such as an ultrasound?

December 15, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, Tom F, Ed Henry, David Gergen, Martina Ilstad, Emily and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    Day of the shot with my favorite show Regis and Kelly!!!!!! LOL!!!!! I do love Anderson was so funny faces all times talk Kelly!!!!! LOL!!! love shot!!! 😛
    Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

December 15, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  13. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Tom Foremon rocks! Kelly is right! I did that and it didn't grow back!
    Good one Anderson!

December 15, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  14. starr, formerly known as vincent

@Arthur, thanks for clarify PET scans. I know MRI was originally developed for brain study. However, since then, MRI has improved not only with clear definition of soft tissue, it also demonstrates clear resolution of bone too.

Again, MRI's are very, very expensive, but no radiation.

December 15, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  15. David, Indiana

@Starr, no, I think the two party system works well, but the earmark process even when the projects are good can drive you crazy.

That's a to the pt assessment of the spending bill by Sen Bayh.

Anderson, right good pt about IBS especially since it can lead to much more serious illnesses.

December 15, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  16. Jane - Vt

I love Fergie. Joe Lieberman, not so much.

Good night all.

December 15, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  17. Jennifer - AZ

@ Shelley C.
    I'm so sorry about your daughter. I hope she gets better soon.

December 15, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  18. Nancy Ree

I agree about the IBS. It is a very common debilitating disease. Money well spent. Bad bill. Lieberman should get a life and don't be so afraid of CT scans. Look at how many have had them. Now they know the problem exists it will be fixed. Look at the old xray machines a lot of us lived through. They had them in shoe stores for Pete's sake

December 15, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  19. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

I am should it is going to be a good movie.

December 15, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  20. Arthur

@David, Indiana

PET is a functional study not an anatomical one and has a much lower resolution than CT – much less MRI.

Radiation is still involved.

December 15, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  21. Heather - Spokane, WA

I think Dame Judy Dench and Sophia Loren are by far the best actresses of the entire group. I hope I look as good as Sophia when I am her age! I cant believe that she is 74!

December 15, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  22. Jennifer - AZ

fun interview with Larry, Anderson

December 15, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  23. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Daniel Day Lewis is one of my favorites and of course Fergie!

December 15, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  24. David, Indiana

@Starr, I think PET scans are the most definitive scan there is show the most detail. I agree that spurring competition is a vital part of healthcare reform, I feel you raise an important pt.

December 15, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  25. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anderson.
    I do love Larry King and he impressed me most interview stars.... And you interviewed Larry, Awesome!!! 🙂 9 lives, I am not out of time either.

December 15, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  26. Jennifer - AZ

Nicole Kidman had a beautiful voice in Moulin Rouge

December 15, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  27. Kelly - Harrisburg, PA

Daniel Day Lewis is an AMAZING actor, and we almost never see him... Johnny Depp kind of reminds me of him.

December 15, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  28. andersoncnn

A relative of mine has ibs and its terrible. and not enough attention has been given to it over the years.

as we said, some earmarks are very worthwhile...and others are not....the other question is what role should the federal govt have in local spending...all worth discussing.

December 15, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  29. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Larry sings and Anderson dances?

December 15, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  30. Branko Nastasich

I could have sworn Ringo Starr's song, Octopus's Garden, was inspired by the strange behavior of the octopi. That was years ago.

December 15, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  31. Lori

Everyone sings in the shower

December 15, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  32. LisaL - Canada

i totally agree with larry - fergie is so adorable!

December 15, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  33. starr, formerly known as vincent

Like so many other bloggers, i agree that irritable bowel syndrome is a very real and debilitating disorder of the GI tract.

Therefore, monies assigned to research IBS is to be applauded.

December 15, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  34. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Larry King is so cool! That is fasinating! hahahahahahah larry and Angie Dickenson!

December 15, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  35. Lori

Larry King's interview with the cast of Nine was really great. That was guite a cast.

December 15, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  36. A. Smith, Oregon

Senator Joe Lieberman has one million Aetna Health Insurance reasons why he has attempted to torpedo Americas Health Care Bill.

December 15, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  37. Jane - Vt

IBS research is a good thing. Probably the shrimp research is a good thing for the fisheries in Maryland. People made fun of honeybee research, no honey bees – no food for us.

December 15, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  38. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

LOL!!!! Octopus is so cute with tool I have seen down under!!!!! I love that!!! Tom and Anderson are so funny men! I agree with both of them! 😀

December 15, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  39. Teri in New Jersey

Hello Anderson and everyone. A question...I thought if you had excessive radiation that it sort of stayed in there and you emitted that from your body and possibly affect those around you. My sister had a type of radiation treatment for thyroid cancer and was isolated from her family during that treatment.

Another question...If there is no public option then what's the point. Where are the millions of people that were cheering the President-elect O'Bama and hope for real change. Why aren't those same people supporting his efforts now? Please write or call you representatives. It is just as important as voting if not more. Don't allow the negativity of polls or judgment by republicans to keep you down. We have a voice all year long not just on election day.

Great comments tonight.

December 15, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  40. Matt

Irritable bowel syndrome is a very uncomfortable disease for millions of Americans. Almost 20% of adults develop this condition. $700,000 is in no means a unreasonable investment for the state of California to make towards IBS research. Not much is know about the disease and further research would only serve to improve the lives of millions of Americans.

December 15, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  41. Lori

Evan gets it.

December 15, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  42. Kathryn

I'd laugh about the earmarks if it wasn't so maddening and cliche.

December 15, 2009 at 10:43 pm |