December 11th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/11/09

Tonight on 360°, the bombshell announcement from Tiger Woods. He's taking a break from golf and admitting infidelity.   Plus, new video from inside a drug tunnel along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Want to know what else we're covering? <strong><a href="http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/category/the-buzz/&#034; target="_blank">Read EVENING BUZZ</a></strong>

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&amp;*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Monna

Hi e/one,
    I'm shocked CNN is giving this Tiger news one and half hours. seriously i think they are better things we can cover. Tiger is someone who thought he was higher than mighty. I hope he can work this with his family the rest are non-starter.

December 11, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  2. Christopher Capot

The Tiger story will last for months. He should take the entire next season to disappear, get his legal issues put away and fix his family.

December 11, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  3. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Mike, formerly from Syracuse, They don't call him "Tiger" for nothing!

December 11, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  4. Oscar Perez

I'm from a third world country, where infidelity is a comun thing... I think the big deal here is because he is a public figure, he always need to measure every step in his life.

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  5. Shahrukh khan

I am shock to hear about indefinite break of tiger wood it's a great loss for golf world only media can bring him back and can change his decision we need him without break GOD BLESS HIM

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  6. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

@Mike, formerly from Syracuse and @Casey Jones

Of course, many more important issues to be reported and discussed.

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  7. Roland

I am just curious whether this behaviour is commonplace in the world of golf and it is just that Tiger got caught.

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  8. Melanie Poling

Psychological question: do you think Tiger's father's untimely death a few years ago may have contributed to this "acting out" behavior (inability to deal with his father's death causing a psychological break of some sort). Is there evidence that this behavior predates his father's death? I have read that they were extraordinarily close.

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  9. Anne

I love Stephen's comments – he's right on the ball!

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  10. starr, formerly known as vincent

I'm guessing Tiger Woods will be out of the game for about a year. That is if he can save his marriage.

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  11. Emily

Good evening Anderson, Erica, Megan, Martina, & Bloggers!

Happy Friday & Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating! 🙂

Interesting news about Tiger Woods.
    I wonder if it will save his marriage?

December 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm |
  12. Caroline, Los Angeles

I think Tiger is doing the right thing. I hope he gets some help for himself.

Don't worry-we know the drill. Famous person is exposed, they go to rehab, get fixed, and then come back all repaired. Sometimes they also write a book after it all too.

December 11, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  13. Casey Jones - Burlington, VT

@Christopher Capot, If I may....there's nothing stopping the media (not the stories).

December 11, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  14. Charlie in Memphis, TN

Tiger Woods has been brought down by the very thing he was the most afraid of: publicity
    He let everyone know for years that his privacy was the most important thing: NOW WE KNOW WHY
    He wanted so much privacy because he was filandering and floundering in his marriage. This guy did NOT want to be married
    and now he's poven it. The publicity surrounding a driveway incident caused every bimbo he ever putted with to come out of the woodwork. All these sorted details were beginning to surface or his wife wouldn't have chased him out of the house into a neighborhood traffic accident.
    Now that all this has happened, it is clear the reason he was so afraid of publicity is because

December 11, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  15. Lisa A., Philadelphia, PA

Good evening everyone ... ah Tiger. I think the Enquirer guy has a point, Tiger needs time to heel his marriage but his wife needs some time without him in her face and knowing where he is, a gold tournament with the media watching would give her that.

December 11, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  16. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

@Isabel Siaba (Brazil), Don't worry, his wife isn't going to give up her "cash cow" without a fight.

December 11, 2009 at 10:09 pm |
  17. Karen, MN

I think a guy that sleeps with 10-12 women has issues. Elin should move on. There are plenty of great fish in the sea!!!

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  18. daisy

Tiger will "take off" just long enuf for the scandel to go away – then he'll come prancing back – because he wants the money – and the golfers want to see him. So sad for his wife and children. daisy

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  19. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

@Casey Jones, I agree. AC360 should be covering news not tabloid stories.

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  20. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Anthonia-Bay Area,
    I agree with you, You have good point there. Hopefully, They are trying save their marriage.

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  21. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Greetings to All! I think that Tiger needs to focus on his family.Good move to take a break from his 'sports'.

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  22. Jennifer - AZ

Evening everyone!

It may be a stupid decision (Tiger Woods) from a public image standpoint, but it's his life and it should not be about public image. If he is sincere, he earned points with me by saying he was going to ditch all the public image crap and focus on his family.

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  23. Casey Jones - Burlington, VT

Please, I just don't care. It's none of my business (and nobody else's business either).

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  24. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

I don't agree with the invasion of privacy. He was wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. Let him solve their problems without interference or judgments.

December 11, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  25. cindy

Who cares. To many people in other people business.

December 11, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  26. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Woods talent is pushing a ball towards a hole for God's sake!

December 11, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  27. Cynthia, NC

Hello. I’m not really surprised that Tiger has decided to take a break from the PGA. His life has been spinning out of control over the last two weeks in front of the public. My opinion is that he’s taking the break to go into therapy. His absence from the PGA will definitely have a major financial impact in a negative way.

December 11, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  28. Christopher Capot

Tiger's PR strategy here makes sense. Howard is wrong. He needs to disappear for a while. There's no stopping the stories.

December 11, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  29. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Play golf, Tiger just stay away from those women. They do not mean you any good. I forgive you!

December 11, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  30. Karen, MN

Hi

December 11, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  31. Lisa L

Good evening Anderson,

I send best wishes to Tiger and his family.

Sincerely,

Lisa L
    Sydney, Australia

December 11, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  32. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

@Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I agree and more he is happy because it can stop working to solve personal problems.

December 11, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  33. Kathryn

Lionel Richie made the said mistake and then went back to singing because it is what he does. Tiger will go back to golf. He is acting out of embarrassment and the fact that he will not be able to focus on his game. rather than to lose a game which will bring more embarrassment, Tiger would rather leave for awhile.

December 11, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  34. Shanny

Minus 40. We lost power for 8 hours today. Car wouldn't start. Had to cook supper on a camp stove in the backyard ... but I'm still glad I'm not Tiger Woods today.
    Discomfort is relative!

December 11, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  35. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

No matter what, as long as these women keep coming out of the woodwork this story will keep going.

December 11, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  36. Anthonia-Bay Area

Good Evening Everyone!

This Tiger Woods issue is surprises me a lot! Woods need to take a longer hiatus in order to save his marriage..and his career!!

December 11, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  37. Enrique

Alright... why do these sorts of action (cheating on the wife) automatically have to be related to being a bad father? Tiger can be a bad husband, sure... but it has NOTHING to do about how good of a father he *could* be. Just completely irrelevant.

December 11, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  38. starr, formerly known as vincent

Good evening Anderson, Erica & entire Team 360.

Good evening fellow bloggers.

I feel sorry for famous people-nobody's perfect and if you are famous the Whole World knows what you've done. Even the money is Not worth it.

December 11, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  39. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I always watch Tiger Woods many times on golf tv. He is my favorite player.

December 11, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  40. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good Evening Everyone!

December 11, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  41. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Anderson, Not everyone thinks Woods is the best athlete alive.

December 11, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  42. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi–Happy Friday! I'm glad to see you back from the tunnel.
    –The Tiger Woods story is very sad.

December 11, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  43. Lisa L

Good evening Anderson,

You are doing a great job keeping me informed.

I trust you are enjoying life and work.

Sincerely,

Lisa L
    Sydney, Australia

December 11, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  44. Casey Jones - Burlington, VT

Why MUST the media hound these private celebrity issues? I really think of 360 as being above these types of stories. I don't see any of these types of stories as newsworhty for this quality of broadcast.

December 11, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  45. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Isabel!
    You're right, It is Friday night, WHEW!

December 11, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  46. Sabrina in Los Angeles

He is not golfing anymore because he can't stand up in front of them when they know what he did so he is hiding.

December 11, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  47. Wendy

Love Tiger....gonna miss watching him play!

December 11, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  48. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Come on, the world isn't going to end because Tiger Woods is not playing golf.

December 11, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  49. Isabel Siaba (Brazil)

Good evening Anderson, Erica, David (Indiana), friends and bloggers....

Happy Friday!!!! And what a Friday, whew!

December 11, 2009 at 10:01 pm |
  50. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Helloooo Anderson, Erica, Ed Henry, David Gergen Martina Ilstad, Emily and my friends Twitter/Facebook Bloggers!!!!!
    Thank God It's Friday night!!! Couldn't wait this weekend........ 🙂
    Welcome back Anderson!!!
    I can forgive Tiger Woods, I know what Tiger want break from golf..... My heart goes to Elle and 2 kids.. Now, I can accept his apology.

December 11, 2009 at 10:00 pm |