November 10th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 11/10/09

Tonight new clues to what what drove the alleged Fort Hood gunman and whether he was acting alone. Plus, former Miss California Carrie Prejean speaks out and admits her sex tape was a big mistake.

Want to know what else we're covering? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. carolyn j

good night...ANDERSON AND ERICA.
    GREAT SHOW.

November 10, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  2. Jim sr

Re: comment of A. Smith....Who cares about their reason or irrational justification. People advocating violence, should be regarded as a threat and watched. A person's belief is not a threat, but they engage in action, it should be dealt with accordingly. No Excuses!

November 10, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Rick Rose

Crikey, if they are giving Madoff's personal stuff away, I will be more than glad to take some of that money off his hand's! I know I could use it to help my family out!

November 10, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  4. "starr, formerly known as vincent

Thank you and good night Anderson, Erica & Team 360.

Good night fellow bloggers. Good night Emily too. All, have a greaat tomorrow.
    That story on the burned boy is beyone tragic, it should Never have happened! What is wrong with some of our children. Do we need to Teach Compassion & personal responsibility...I guess so.

November 10, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Cessy, Chicago IL

hey Anderson, you mentioned losing your Rolex watch..looks like you might have to buy one of Madoff's....

Good night and Be safe!

November 10, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Lori

Good night Anderson. Sweet dreams. Thank you. I enjoyed the show.

November 10, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Spencer

I think Carrie is a hypocrite. She says that women should treat their bodies like a temple; but she was Miss. California where she wore a bikini, and she made a sex tape. Now she wants to make herself out to be some kind of Mother Teresa, by writing a book about girl power. Why can't she just apologize about what she did, and move on with her life.

November 10, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

BTW, My heart goes to teenager boy who had bad burn his body.... I hope he will feel better soon. :)

November 10, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  9. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

I'd love to have something from Bernie Madoff's personal "collection."

November 10, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

@Carolyn Danley, I agree. US Islamic groups have denounced Hasan, but worldwide he's gotten a lot of support. It's hard to view Islam as a religion of peace when this happens.

November 10, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  11. Mariann

When will her 15 minutes finally be over?

November 10, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  12. Nana

Hey Anderson and Erica, I was just watching CNN with my aunt in Texas and we watched the report about a lady who staggered into a railway and the train driver stopped in time for the lady to be saved. My question is, what happened to the man in glasses who alerted the driver to stop? Doesn't he deserve to be recognised also, because from our point of view, the man rushed to stop her and alerted the train driver by pressing the button on the wall to stop the train. The driver's name is Cherise Lewis.

November 10, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  13. Juanita

Major Hasan and that DC sniper person sound like brothers, maybe they suffer from same mental illness?!

November 10, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  14. Thad

I wonder if beauty queens can spell hypocrite!?!

November 10, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  15. Emily

Sexy tapes and a book!
    can you say $ $igns?

November 10, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  16. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Where were this woman's parents in all of this (she was 17 years old making an inappropriate video)?"

November 10, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  17. Chuck

Anderson... its a shame... Carrie's tapes. Wow, in this day and age, really who cares, no one is that lilly clean to judge or pass judgement.
    Nude shots vs SEX Tapes. two different animal.

November 10, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  18. Carolyn Danley

This is amazing to me,the Muslins preaching hate and terrorism. People loved Jim Jones,and we all know what happened with that type of religion. Muslins in the Middle East and here need to denounce these extremities,which are giving the Muslin (Islamic) faith a Cult like appearance. Groups of all kind that practice,and teach hate are always brought down by people within these GROUPS!

November 10, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  19. Michael, eastern NC

Seriously, everyday sex is not cute or attractive...why would anyone want to make a sex tape? We are not as sexy as we think we are haha.

November 10, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  20. Emily

@ "starr, formerly known as vincent,
    Mohammad may have felt that he was 'innocent' with all those around him that were making "excuses" for him.....

1. his ex-wife blames it on his time in the Military (in the 1st Gulf War) ...

2. his Lawyer says that he had an awful childhood...

3. and lost his children...lots of excuses!

either way, he was found guilty!

November 10, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  21. Lori

It is sleazy to release the tape; however, it is naive of her to think that it would be kept a secret.

November 10, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  22. Renee

You have to have a big ego to make a sex tape!

November 10, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  23. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Sleazy is as sleazy does.

November 10, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  24. don & tammy Paul

Anderson,
    When are the American people going to realize that the enemy is with in, You can not threaten the President but you can praise the killing of our soldiers and innocent civilians in our own country. What is this country coming to, it sure is not the US of the 40's and 50's or the American i was raised in. As a Retired US ARMY soldier I am appaulded, all I can say is GOD help this country!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  25. Heather - Spokane, WA

Wow, talk about the pot writing a book about calling the kettle black.......

November 10, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  26. Renee

Sex tapes at 17...humm there is more to this story!

November 10, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  27. Rick Rose

Why do these celeb's make sex videos knowing they will eventually be leaked. If you make the video you only have one thing on mind, publicity. Keep it inside the bedroom and you will not have a problem!

November 10, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  28. Lori

She has had a lot of mistakes lately. It seems hard to judge which one was the worst one. They all seem fairly close in my opinion.

November 10, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  29. Chuck

@ Rick Rose As a retired US Army man, I can say with a 90% probability that there will be some changes to how things are done in the military as well as how civilian and federal agencies work with them. The military bases will tighten up some more which is a real pain for those that are honest and good, I being retired go through a nut roll everytime I visit Fort Lewis just getting on post.. for me its a 5 hour drive to get there but it is something that must happen.

November 10, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  30. Juanita

okay it is time to stop with these ancient laws that were passed when men and women lived in caves. Radical Muslims can preach hatred in the streets in America but we cant even pray in schools and now the sign of the cross is banned on a license plate. I love President Obama but he definitely has his hands full. We are all looking at him but like Michael Jackson put it "start with the man in the mirror" that muslim that was spewing hatred out of his mouth had eyes with no soul. Also tell me why again are we still in Irag and Afghanistan aside from loosing our husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers

November 10, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  31. Emily

Oh Anderson!
    "...she was stripped of her title...." geez! how apt. Anderson! :O

Great reporting by Randi here....

November 10, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  32. Jennifer - AZ

The story of the priest's son is terribly sad. I am not a religious person, but I cannot imagine is not disheartening for those who are to keep seeing that even the church does not do the right thing. All make mistakes; you suck it up, fess up, and do what's right.

November 10, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  33. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Thank you for stopping the train in time for the lady, train driver

November 10, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  34. Dave, Carver, Ma

the hero on the tracks includes the people waving the train down to stop. Without them the drunk lady would have been a goner! There is more then one hero here.
    Boston media reports that the drunk lady is embarrassed of all the fotage of her. She said she had only 4 beers and was out with coworkers at a Celtic game.

November 10, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  35. Ednamae - Virginia

It sickens me to see what is going on in the streets, these two self proclaimed muslims. Yes, I believe in free speech, but when you use this right to attack the very country you live in , you should not be living in this country. Why they havn't been yanked off the street and sent to no man's land, is beyond me. Oh, I must have forgotten, we have the courts to defend their rights. The only word that comes to my mind is disgrace....

November 10, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  36. Michael, eastern NC

With all these irresponsible pilots being busted lately, lets hope Anderson and the AC360 team have their own private planes when they fly to LA like Anderson did tonight! I'd hate to lose the best political team on television!

November 10, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  37. David, Indiana

The Muslim Revolution brothers are provocative and inflammatory but scratch the surface as Drew Griffin does in his report and they are radical but not advocating violence. I disagree with them, but they are within their right to free speech. Is there any connection btwn them and the terrorists Peter Bergen just mentioned?

November 10, 2009 at 10:45 pm |