October 8th, 2009

Missing In Action, Channel 78 and My Neighbors

David Doss
AC360° Senior Executive Producer

These days when I get home late after the show, or in the mornings, when I am headed back to CNN, more often than not a neighbor asks me, “What happened to Anderson? Where are you guys? I can’t find you?” Well, If you live in New York City then you know CNN and 360 used to appear on your cable channel 10. And then suddenly we were “missing in action.”

Here’s what happened: With little warning the cable operators in New York City moved CNN and 360° to channel 78. For my neighbors, and for many other viewers, it just wasn’t acceptable. They couldn’t find Anderson. So, if you live in New York City, Anderson and the 360° team are on channel 78.

I can assure you, we are still balanced between cable’s white noise on both the left and the right, producing the only original reporting at 10pm every night and as always, for us—it’s all about accountability. We’re Keeping Them Honest. And did I mention, in New York City we’re on channel 78.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Beyond 360 • David Doss
  1. Judy Stage/Brooklyn MI

Hey Dave, Trust me, if I couldn't find Anderson , the cable company would get an earful.
    Judy Stage

October 9, 2009 at 6:15 pm |
  2. Hayley Wallace

It seems to me with all the bad press . President Obama has been getting on what he has not accomplished since he's been in office. This is great news for him! He deserves it and it is sad the international Audience admires his work on peaceful diplomacy. Than some of the American people!

We should only wish him good because he's faced with many difficult
    issues that he inherited from the former Administration. I congratulate him just for taking on this tremenddous challenge!

October 9, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  3. Manny

Hi Anderson,
    You are best in the news media.
    I have a request for you. The next time you ask the Republicans to comment on President Obama's policy on the Afghan war,
    please find out why the Republicans allowed President Bush to take three months to decide on troop surge in Irag but the
    Republicans are now asking Obama to decide on troop surge in a week!
    Is this not a double standard by this talk-talk and do-nothing Republicans?

Manny
    Seattle

October 9, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  4. doris coleman

Why is it that one is expected to sit in prison for 27 years, like Nelson Mandela, before he is given the honor of the Nobel Prize? In Nelson Mandela's case, it was too little too late. Obama has received it. There are unknown authors' that receive a Nobel prize for maybe one book. No one says anything, not one question. Not one. There are others that received the prize with very few if any questions about it. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around. We cannot explain it. Some of us cannot retain it. Those who want to set the standards for who wins, cannot do that. They should be working on their own accomplishments, and let go of envy, jealousy, and horrible statements like, " this devalues the prize". No, a prize is a prize, Obama's spirit for world peace cannot be measured. Thank you for listening.

October 9, 2009 at 3:46 pm |
  5. Ratna, New York, NY

Hi David,

Unfortunately CNN is still not a public channel which can be accessed with a "regular" TV antenna!

October 9, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  6. Martina Ilstad Germany

Hey,no problem for me,because i watch Anderson Cooper 360 from Germany in sleepless nights.

October 9, 2009 at 10:17 am |
  7. Roberta Fonseca

I'm happy I get Anderson 360 in my cable in Brazil and CNN. I watch it not only to prepare my classes and make my young students more culturally aware, but I enjoy the brilliant, fast and precise anchor discourse. Congratulations and best wishes from Brazil! Roberta:)

October 9, 2009 at 1:12 am |
  8. Andrew

wait how do they move just one show and not the whole channel? I mean is the rest of the day just static on that channel? I don't think they moved just a show, I think he meant that they moved the entire channel.

October 8, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Navid Khoshbin

360 is lucky to be moved to channel 78 🙂 There's something about the number - not sure what exactly. 78 has been my favorite number; long before I realized I was born on
    the 78th day of the year.

October 8, 2009 at 10:43 pm |
  10. Annie Kate

Cable is bad about moving stuff around but usually they just move the whole channel to a new channel, not just one show. Glad you found Anderson – be terrible if people could watch him all over the country but not right in his hometown!!

October 8, 2009 at 9:08 pm |