August 21st, 2009

About our show

Anderson Cooper goes beyond the headlines to tell stories from many points of view, so you can make up your own mind about the news. Weeknights, 10 ET

JOIN: LIVE BLOG Weeknights 10p ET

Filed under: 360° Radar • T1
  1. Gary-Texas

Congress has said there will be no cost of living increase for seniors on social security for 2010 and 2011. I hope they don't plan on giving themselves a raise because I can tell you Americans are sick and tire of Congress giving themselves raises for poor and incompetent work. Congress needs to make minimum wage since they are public servants and are the ones who think people can live on minimum wage. Lets see how long they can live on minimum wage.

Anyone who claims to be a politician is claiming to be nothing more that a legal crook! That goes from the top all the way down!

August 24, 2009 at 8:37 am |
  2. Charles Fotsch

Most people don't know enough about healthcare. You should do a "History of Healthcare in America" show. We are at where we are special interests and politics. Many of the problems come from state regulation and oversite. Yet, I don't think our national government can do better. Our government has gotten so big and complex. I think the answers are in the details. Who are the uninsured? Where do they currently receive their healthcare? Why isn't Medicaid working? What does our Public Health Service do? How do the states regulate health insurance? What are health insurance profits? What do brokers get paid? What do pharma companies earn? What do they spend to develop new drugs? What does the government give them for research and how do they account for it? What happened to the EMR? Why haven't we piggy back on the EMR the DOD and VA are developing? Shouldn't our goal be to have the same EMR from birth to death? What happened to the idea that hospitals should provide charity for not having to pay income tax? What happened to the "charity hospitals?" Why do we send x-rays to India to be read by doctors there? Why do we perform clinical trials in China? Should we? And on and on. Thats all I have to say.

August 24, 2009 at 8:30 am |
  3. Greg

I think all the current talk about letting free markets operate is a double-standard, a major farce if you ask me. There are many people who are suffering the broader repercussions of life without access to Healthcare and some want to end their lives by way of lethal injection. Don’t you believe free markets should operate here too and allow these people to opt for euthanasia, regardless of their age? For example, let's take the subject of Euthanasia. Euthanasia, not just for those who are terminally ill – I am aware that many support this version of euthanasia, but I would like to know if many so-called free market advocates would support it in a much broader context. Would real free market advocates support, or prohibit individuals or groups of individuals, from providing or administering lethal injection to anyone over the legal age (say 18 or 21) that requested it for any reason whatsoever? No questions asked. A free market is a coin with two sides – social and economic. Why have social restrictions on one hand while freeing economic decision making?

The reason I ask this question is that it arose out of my observations of the present world order, the way it is, and I wonder if Capitalism as we know it will be a natural outcome of a complete free market ideology when implemented, or will it eventually lead to a different scenario. Because according to me, the present “capitalist system” only seems to work because the present “capitalist” world order of Government + Religion + Industry (henceforth GRI) work together to keep it that way, and what appears to be a free market, capitalist system, is in reality a fascist system, forcing people to do some thing against their wishes – such as living life by prohibiting euthanasia, in order to serve the ulterior motives of the people belonging to the top echelons of GRI.

I look around and see that most people living on this planet are really unhappy and a good majority of these unhappy people are probably living in near-poverty or in abject poverty conditions, mostly in the second and third world, and some even in rich countries (relative poverty), just struggling to survive. And I wonder why do they continue to live? What’s the point of merely surviving but suffering all along the way? Several reasons come to my mind – First being, they live simply because they are forced to, they have no way out, i.e. they are denied the means to end their lives swiftly and painlessly, and at little to no cost. Since most people are unhappy, it’s fair to say that they are not really benefiting from their own existence. But if they are being forced to live, then it’s obviously because someone else is benefiting from their existence. These people exist because of laws enacted to prohibit them from being able to end their lives in the way they want to. So I ask myself, what is the purpose of enacting such a law? Who does this law serve? Certainly not the people that wish to end their lives.

It serves the government because the politicians need the votes of and the taxes paid by the people to keep themselves in power. No government wants to or likes to admit that it cannot take care of its people and make them happy and so it wants them to end their lives if they are unhappy. It serves religious cults, sects and their leaders, who again want people to live on, so they can serve them (religious leaders) and the other two arms of GRI which have similar vested interests and who keep funding religious groups to spread their philosophy so as to keep the vast majority reined in. It serves big business (industry) because they need people to work in their sweat shops and offices at low wages and in slave like conditions across the world, based on which they can afford to sell at low prices and compete and remain in business while enriching themselves by selling what they produce (essential goods and services) again to the same masses.

So basically it serves those who run the country, the owners of various forms of assets and the owners of the means of production, and legalizing euthanasia in its broadest form could plunge a country into chaos and disrupt this present capitalist system, because if people ended their lives in large numbers, it might upset the demographics of a nation, since there would be fewer people occupying the land within a country, it might make the country susceptible to infiltration and attack from neighboring countries or enemy nations, stop industrial production and cause the collapse of the nation itself because of a dwindling population. The ulterior motives of the people on the top would be affected and a country may not recover from such free market actions in the short-medium term and perhaps, not even in the long run, if such a policy were to still be in place.

Now let's assume that euthanasia is legalized for all legal age groups. Would it automatically mean that a vast majority of people would end their lives? No. That’s because of the influence of religion. A lot of people might be afraid to end their lives because of their belief in God or the afterlife and for fear of being punished by such an entity or because they lust for the rewards in the afterlife their religion promises them, should they decide to suffer on in this life.

So we see how government, industry and religion are hand in glove in wanting to maintain the status quo rather than let free market actions reign. The truth is, with so many people on this planet, life is indeed cheap, and this is a fact that the system (in its various forms) has always exploited, is exploiting, and seeks to exploit. I have mentioned industry because I've heard businessmen whine about how they're tired of government, regulation, bureaucracy et cetera and would rather let a free market system prevail. But how would they react if some power took measures to have COMPLETE freedom, even when it came to social issues and decided to de-religionize society – because presently religion has a grip on people’s lives in the US as well as other societies.

As I pointed out before, in a truly free system, with no prohibitions on individuals, the actions of individuals in large numbers that cause major demographic changes, such as a dwindling population because of euthanasia being legalized might eventually lead to a redistribution of wealth. In such a free system, stability would be replaced with uncertainty, and people may be unwilling to do business with or lend money to others, out of fear that if a person were to end his/her life, they may not recover the debts. Industry (especially financial services) would suffer and possibly collapse. But then is it right to force your views on others who do not share your world view or your view of life, force them to live in the name of stability, to make you happy, even if it makes them unhappy?

Assuming that euthanasia in its broadest form is legalized and people go in for it in large numbers, it would mean fewer people remaining, to work for those presently in power and in control of resources. These remaining few people can then hold the current rich and powerful at ransom by demanding a greater share of their resources (since wages are primarily a function of demand and supply of labor) by refusing to work or threatening to end their lives by availing of the euthanasia policy (assuming that it will not be possible to reproduce more people in the short to medium term and train them to do the jobs that need to be done). Immigration might not work if the same euthanasia policy is being followed worldwide, and even if it does work, eventually a society will again be comprised of unequal people, happy and unhappy people, people who are struggling to get by, and such people might want out (end their lives) without new skilled people being available to simultaneously join the work force in order to fill in the gap. Such labor shortages and rebellions and a redistribution of wealth might provide a disincentive to the owners of the means of production (entrepreneurs) and they may want to shut down shop because they feel their power and status is eroding, and feel that they are not being paid as much of a premium as they would like, for their efforts of running a business.

So as I pointed out above, most people do not have any real inner reasons to want to continue to live, but are either being forced (indirectly by passing laws prohibiting euthanasia) or because of religious brainwashing. That is, they are driven to live primarily by external forces rather than internal ones. And the broader euthanasia battle is essentially a battle between people that want to live and want to preserve the status quo against people that wish to end their lives, and should real freedom prevail, the actions of the latter group (ending their lives) would adversely impact (more materially than emotionally) the members of the former group, and in its quest to fulfil its ulterior motives, the first group doesn't mind forcing its views on the second group by framing laws (and denying certain freedoms at the cost of true free market philosophy) that benefit their group and not the latter one. In essence, it is a zero sum game either way.

Because times would arise where a lot of people would simply feel life isn’t worth living, i.e. the costs of living (material and physical and emotional) aren’t worth paying, for what life has to offer in return. To these people the costs exceed the benefits-just as people feel when they go shopping, where they decide whether what they are buying is of value, in comparison to the price they are paying, and some people may not be willing to buy into this concept of life that present society seems to be selling (or any other concept of life for that matter) and so they will end their lives. And therefore is the present capitalist system mainly a farce because of so many prohibitions on the social front whilst seeking to subject people to unregulated economic policies?

You need to fix Immigration (all types) which is causing overpopulation and lowering the average American's standard of living and depressing wages and causing all sorts of other problems or let those that feel they are suffering and see no solution in sight, simply exit this game that they do not wish to play. It's immoral to force people to live against their wishes in the name of religion or anything else.

August 24, 2009 at 5:33 am |
  4. Cindy

To pretty boy Anderson, bloggers are afraid of lawsuits now, so we cannot speak our minds anymore. However I hope I don't get in trouble for calling you pretty boy. Ok you are a cuttie pie and I like watching your program AC360. No further comments.

August 24, 2009 at 1:18 am |
  5. Toni Drew

Dear Mr. Cooper,
    Yesterday I watched your program on the health reform issues. At that time, a brief townhall meeting was shown. One lady in particular stood up and saidshe didn't want to support this health plan because she didn't believe in abortions. This particular person was extremely overweight. Why should we support her or anyone like her who doesn't take care of themselves by living a healthy lifestyle so that our health insurance doesn't have to delve out unnecessay money for these people who eventually have diabetes, back problems, digestive problems, heart problems, etc. Oh, I get it! Health insurance only applies to these peoples' standards. Not to forget that this country has the freedom of choice in ALL categories, not selective ones. I don't feel that your personal opinions has anything to do with health issues.

August 23, 2009 at 9:25 pm |
  6. Tom Bailey

I want to add somthing to the 360 discussion that has not been aired enough, the case of Micheal Vick and Plaxico Burress.
    Micheal Vick has spent his time in prison, lost all of his income and been humiliated. Yet the question put in his face is "is he contrite enough".Give me a break. He has paid his dues. The people who ask this question are part of the plantation owners organization. Slaves just can't do enough. By the way the NFL and Owner are making money off Vicks jersey now!!! He should be playing now.

Plaxico Burress on the otherhand is going to jail for two years for shooting himself in the leg. Let's see. He has sold no drugs, he has killed noone, nor has he robbed a bank or investors. No, he is going to prison because he is being made an example of. He had an unregistered gun to protect himself. Here we go again. The slave owners want to make it clear that he is still a slave no matter how much money he makes.

Tom Bailey, NV

August 23, 2009 at 5:52 pm |
  7. Stephen J Dunston

LET"S PLAY COPYCAT: The French healthcare system is ranked Number 1, as the best healthcare system in the world and the French enjoy an average life expectancy of over 80 years. Let's talk about this on TV.
    Our healthcare system in America is ranked as Number 37th and to our disgrace, the life expectancy of Americans is more than two years less than what the French enjoy. We just made it to 78 years.
    The French spend an average in dollars of $3,374.00 per person, per year, for healthcare and everyone has coverage.
    America spends an average of $6,402.00 per person, per year, for healthcare, almost double the amount the French spend. OOPS! They're the best and we're 37th, that stinks!
    I collected all the above information over the Internet in about 45 minutes and yet nobody's telling us about all these facts and really presenting the detailed ways to make our healthcare system, better.
    One more point, despite what Americans are being told, the French do not have a socialized medical system like England and Canada. The French have a system that has both private insurance and government elements involved in paying for healthcare for the people in France. That's a good argument to support the "public option". I hope this e-mail will encourage the President and you to begin to give Americans detailed ideas about how we can really reform our healthcare system. It should be easy, because we really can play: "COPYCAT"!
    Steve Dunston
    4624 Byron Circle
    Irving, TX 75038
    972-870-7420

August 23, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  8. Martha Wardrop, RN, IBCLC

I do not hear enough about the values and ethics of the nedical profession and their obligation is First- DO NO HARM! The way the health care system now is like an infant drowning in a lake- what, you won't swim out to rescue the baby, nor allow those who can to do so? Every time I hear Sarah Palin speak about President Obama's death squads, I want to scream. She knows nothing about the health care system obviously, and she is so offensive to me as a woman, with her wink, wink approach. Fix the health care, support preventive medicine such as the company that I work for does, promote breastfeeding, and watch the number of people needing emergency health care go down.

August 23, 2009 at 2:41 pm |
  9. Ruby (Fuk Ying) Wong

Anderson,

I really think that you are the anchor person on the AC360 show and therefore, you shouldn't have to do the lowest job of the news such as the journalist traveling around the globe. I already made my comments to the leader of America.

I did tell the leader of America that he can tell John King to pick up the assignment on Afganistan because he is lower than you and has less coverage and therefore he is junior compared to you. But the leader of America doesn't think so.

While I am typing, my daughter experienced 61 missing songs in her computer/Iphone. Some hackers from China again infiltrated her domain and deleted the 61 songs she downloaded to her Iphone. I was a little upset because she cried a lot. China also broke my 14-k gold bracelet.

I don't have anything else to say. Bye.

Love,
    Ruby (Fuk Ying)

August 23, 2009 at 1:29 pm |
  10. Ruby (Fuk Ying) Wong

Hi Anderson,

I am sorry that I missed the beginning of the "Extreme Challenges on Health Care." I do think that we should lower the cost of health care and not change it too drastically in terms of coverage.

It is not so fair to cover everybody in the private health care; the poor is covered by the medicare/medicaid and therefore they should not demand to be covered by the private health care because they don't pay the premium. Like everything else in the U.S.A., we get better services and products when we pay more.

U.S.A. is a unique country and we shouldn't copy the other countries. I like this country because it is free, fair and versatile.

Anyway, I have spoken. Did you think of me earlier today ? I got the fibes that you would like me to send you the message early today. I couldn't because I was busy reconciling my credit card charges and making a donation to my school. I will try to send you a message tomorrow in the day time; how's that ?

Bye.

Love,
    Ruby (Fuk Ying)

August 22, 2009 at 9:14 pm |
  11. Jocelyn

I am one of the fortunate Americans that has insurance although I do have my complaints. I have been covered with the same employer for 3yrs and each year my insurance (that is taken out of my payroll) has gone up drastically each year. I'm at the point now that I can't afford the coverage that my employer offers. In 2010, we are going from a copayment to a coinsurance. I have a child that has regular doctors visit and is on 2 medications (daily), one of them a "controlled substance". I am very interested in what this so called healthcare reform is going to do. How is it going to help the single parents who are no longer able to afford insurance through their employer b/c healthcare cost continues to rise? How will President Obama reform and regulate insurance companies? How will President Obama reform and regulate what employers are deducting from their employees?

Can you please pose these questions to your panel of guest?

August 22, 2009 at 8:45 pm |
  12. Hank

Anderson,

Those analyzing the cost of the proposed health care problem present the costs as 1 trillion dollars over 10 years. That works out to an average of less than $300.00 per person per year. That certainly seems reasonable, considering the potential rewards for the nation.

Hank

August 22, 2009 at 8:28 pm |
  13. Zainab Masood

worked in public school for a year ,I had a very bad experience...obama needs to pay attention on education...kids are our future........

August 22, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  14. F ZG

How come Tort Reform has not been in front of this whole health care reform. This is the primary reason why the health care has sky rocketted. In the speech Obama said in the AMA meeting, he is not interested in even touching this. Is it because in the last election, lawyers were his big contributors? I hope this is not influencing for him not pushing this issue.

August 22, 2009 at 4:35 pm |
  15. Susan

Your Extreame Challenges, Heathcare program was very well done. Kudos to Anderson Cooper, David Gergen, Dr. Sanjay Gupta and the other two young ladies.

It was delivered with intelligent and thoughful dialogue. We do need healthcare reform, but it must be done wisely. Your report brought some issues up that have not been addressed by Congress or even the administration. It is very important that we get this right.

Thanks Anderson ( and all your staff and contributors ) for doing this for us.

August 22, 2009 at 3:28 pm |
  16. Denise

If Health Care Reform stops the insurance companies from dropping or denying health care coverage, and there is no Public Option out there, then doesn't that make it real easy for the insurance companies to charge even more outrageous premiums then they do now? If you are a high risk, they will just charge more. Please don't give up on us! We have to have a Public Health Care Plan Option!

August 22, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  17. Nando Tx

I am confussed how we as Americans are so against healthcare reform. I am a Thirty year Merchant Marine. I recently have had two life threatening expirences. I was working on the Liberty Sun ship when we were threatened by Pirates. (And was ready to go back.) Just a week ago I was involved in an auto accident. Which I was in the hospital for one day. Two days later I received a bill for over $18,000.00. The insurance I do have will pay a miniamal amount of this bill. Needless to say I am not working right now due to a cracked Breast bone which means no work no real income. I guess I am questioning why other so called third world countries have a healthcare system and we as the so called Leader of Nations cannot or will not come up with a good fair system

August 22, 2009 at 2:16 pm |
  18. Debbie Hibbs

Hi Anderson, For 2 years I have fought the Syracuse VA Hospital due to the fact my father a 31 year Army Veteran died because "they" issued my father a telecommunication device called a "HEALTH BUDDY" serial #44FB2AD. They are issued to VA hospitals from the company called "HEALTH HERO NETWORK" out of Palo Alto CA. The VA did their very best to distrast me. There is a 2 year statute of limitation. Three weeks before the two years I found the answer that NO one will tell you about. SF95! I sued the Syracuse VA and James Cody for 40 million dollars. Cody tells me there is a 24 hour time delay in reading messages transmitted to the VA from Veterans. That is not a true fact. I called the company and they are issued to Veterans in hopes they are used as intended. Not with a 24 hour delay. No where is this info found anywhere yet this is how the Syracuse VA uses theirs! AND MY FATHER HAD CATARACTS! Dad was double whamied! I do have my Dads medical records. Then today I see where CNN did a report on VA WORKERS given millions in bonuses! Oh my GOD, I always knew this but never saw it in writing! It was an article written by Laurie Ure. I was horrified to see that some actually recieve up to 73 thousnad dollars! So their motto is kill off the old Veterans to make room for the new! This was my father and I must seek JUSTICE! Not every VA hospital uses their Health Buddy the way the Syracuse VA does. I called around. I also obtained a 44 page report on the criteria for issuing a Veteran a "Health Buddy" it is issued to "End of Life" or High Cost" patients. This is real news with real facts and how many other VETERANS are at risk? I can not let another Veteran die because I have done nothing!

August 22, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  19. Donna Wood, Lil' Tennessee

Hi Anderson. I caught you on the ,what is that?, Midnight Booty Call? That was interesting. My son, Richard, loves Desperate Housewives. I, myself, have never seen Desperate Housewives or Real Housewives of Atlanta. So what's the difference?

Donna Wood
    Lexington, Tennessee

p.s. My total t.v. experience runs from CNN to The Closer to Mad Men. Tha's about it for me except for the occasional Animal Planet.

August 22, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  20. Gloriabluedell

Hi AC, (BS)
    I watched your show, last night for the first time, in live at 4:00 am, from France !!
    Soon.....

August 22, 2009 at 8:28 am |
  21. Marina S. Turturro

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm writing to you about the health care (health insurance?) matter before the American public. Perhaps CNN could host a debate in the style of the debates between the democratic and republican presidential candidates. On this issue, we could have the majority and minority leaders of both houses of congress participate. I would love to have the President there, too, but that would tip the scales.

Additionally, I would love to see the President get on national tv, a là the state-of-the-union address, and explain his proposal to the American public with as much detail as he can provide....not just the overriding goals. I know he wanted Congress to hash out the details, but he needs to assure us which details he'll approve of and which he won't!

Finally, how many people think that the health insurance enjoyed by members of Congress should be available to ALL Americans? Would the public option be able to financially make it if this were the case? After all, aren't members of Congress the servants of the people? If we are striving for an equitable society (as is outlined in our Declaration of Independence and the Constitution), let's cut the talk and live by our deeds.

Thanks so much for the opportunity to communicate with you, Anderson! You're doing a great job with your show. Please don't ever let the turkeys get you down and never forget about us here in the trenches of American society fighting the good fight.

Sincerely,

Marina Turturro
    Port Orange, FL

August 22, 2009 at 7:35 am |
  22. will

why i, don't see this story in the news?
    an old lady was in the parking lot of Walmart in Whitehall, Ohio swinging a knife at people, when the police arrived she wouldn't drop the knife so the police officer took her down, the lady also assulted a kid by hitting him which sparked the crowd of people outside anyway, he was with relatives who intervened and that's when the knife swinging started anyone that tried to help her she began to swing her knife at them threatening them. Man the 1st of the month make people crazy ....

August 22, 2009 at 6:03 am |
  23. Michael Warren

I greatly enjoy your show and appreciate your giving the time for us to understand otherwise difficult and complex issues. My applause!

August 22, 2009 at 3:19 am |
  24. Michael Warren

Dear Anderson, I watched your show tonight regarding healthcare. One thing younger people don't understand that before Medicare, hospital care was all inclusive (ie. one paid for a room and all was included) Medicare required different accounting. I live in Sacramento and a friend of my Dad was an administrator of a hospital. He took me to his office and told me that before Medicare, he had a bookkeeper. Now he has a floor with computers to compute bills. All bills are now charging for one aspirin, one room setup etc.and not just Medicare bills since one cannot do bills differently once set up. This is one factor in the cost of medical care. The President said that Medicare is a low cost provider, but there is a very large cost paid for by doctors and hospitals complying with the rules. This has to be included in the administrative cost of the Medicare system. While Medicare is a low cost provider from the government standpoint, it is not low cost overall.

August 22, 2009 at 3:14 am |
  25. Shy

Lets be honest. Anyway you look at our health care system it has problems. Obama is the first president to make a extreme change. Private health care doesnt take care of everything. Coming from a person who pays thousands of dollars a year but still have to pay money back to the hospital because the insurance didnt cover everything. Such as the test that the doctors should have ran the first time. Many doctors will send you home not knowing what was wrong with you because you didnt get all the test you needed. How is it that when a person is trying to get health care they have to be healthy? No one truely knows when they are going to get sick and not everyone has the money for it. Then when they try to get it they find out they have a serious problem. Then they cant get it! What kind of health care is that? It would make more since to make sure someone doesnt get sick and be able to afford your health care. You should be covered through your health care insurance no matter what. How is health care going up but still dont cove you all the way?

Then public health. You can go to the community health care center and wait hours or even days before you get help. You also get doctors that dont have enough time so they rush you, dont get you all the test and dont always listen because they have so little time. Many people think it would be easier but its not. Not everyone have that much money. Many have about two or three jobs and still dont make enough. They have a mortgage, car note, insurance, taxes, children, and more. The only way you can afford it is if your wealthy but the wealthy is not the ones getting sick all the time!

August 22, 2009 at 2:43 am |
  26. Todd Hardy

Why has CNN not talking to Micheal Moore? It seems people really have lost sight fast.

The Documentary SICKO Presented by Mr. Moore shows Questions and Answers to The HUGE HEALTH Care issues.

Why not show some of his snippets from this Documentary to show real American Families being shut down by the Health Care Industry as it stands now

Or get Mr. Moore to come on AC360 or Larry King ?

He went to MY Country Canada, he went to Holland, and the UK to show how effective our Health Care Systems Runs in these Countries.

The Information in this Film will answer many issues that are being raised RIGHT NOW..

Come do something about this....

Regards, Todd H from Vancouver BC Canada

August 22, 2009 at 2:00 am |
  27. David, Indiana

Not to knock the public option, but the private insurance, public insurance system we have is good. If private insurers don't come up with coverage when they should, the govt is in a position to tell them, to pass legislation if need be, to offer coverage. Is that a good pt? We need both in combination don't we?

This is sort of an 11th hour question, but what is upcoming on health care in the next week or so as the President is on vacation and congress is in recess?

August 22, 2009 at 1:40 am |
  28. Mariam

We need to stop spending our money on creating war in other country and maybe we will ytake care of our own.

August 22, 2009 at 1:29 am |
  29. Chris

Waited in line for hours for county health dept, state mandated health dept, limiited, long lines and cut off after long wait.....snapshot of Obama's heathcare reform to come....have great insurance, too expensive and not sufficient.

August 22, 2009 at 12:36 am |
  30. Mark, Pa

hey 🙂

August 22, 2009 at 12:31 am |
  31. Isabel • Brazil

In this last liveblog of Friday, I found it strange that the comments came and went, I realized that there were a number of comments and then appeared less comments. That was not any of my comments, but this is a disincentive for bloggers.

August 22, 2009 at 12:21 am |
  32. Mary Trujillo

Thanks, Anderson, for your intelligent, informative discussion of health care reform! Your thoughtful panel was enlightening and this type of discussion is what our democracy NEEDS desperately. I applaud you for your continuing quest to giving the facts and helping us to figure out solutions to problems. We are a country of incredibly talented people who collectively can make our democracy better for all.
    I am appauled at the coverage given to the misinformed and even more shocked by the misinformation purposely given by some talking heads.
    Thank you for being an honest newsperson!!!!
    Mary T.

August 22, 2009 at 12:15 am |
  33. chris dugas

Please dedicate time during healthcare discussions to explain the cost breakdown of the typical employer based health insurance dollar (i.e. Prescription drugs is approx.70 – 80 cents).

August 21, 2009 at 11:58 pm |