AC360 Thursday 8p

There are growing questions about the Bluefin-21 search for Flight 370. What's happens when it completes its sweep? The latest tonight on AC360.
August 16th, 2009

Dear President Obama #209: Go west, young man

Reporter's Note: Sometimes I wonder if any president can really satisfy a country of 300-million people. That’s a lot of folks, a lot of opinions, and almost certainly a lot of people who will disagree with you no matter what you do. Fortunately, he’s got me to write a generally agreeable letter every day.

Tom Foreman | Bio
AC360° Correspondent

Dear Mr. President,

A western swing! Excellent idea. I love the west. Wide open spaces, big skies, buffalo and jackalopes. I think I’ve mentioned before that I lived in South Dakota as a kid, and Colorado as an adult. Doesn’t get any prettier, and I can’t think of a better place to recharge your batteries.

But that’s me. You, on the other hand, may notice a somewhat different political air out west, and I think there is a practical reason for that. Just have the CIA, or the Pentagon or some other intelligence types run over one of those nighttime satellite shots of North America, and you can see why. In the east you will see endless miles of lights, but once you pass the Mississippi River, not so much.

Years ago I read a study that said the river is a dividing line between people who generally hold the federal government in a positive light (the easterners,) and those who don’t (the westerners.) I can’t recall much about that study, and who knows if it is valid, but it makes sense. In more crowded parts of the country, where people naturally are running up on each other all the time, the idea of more rules, more standards, more government involvement makes sense. Kind of like a traffic cop on a busy downtown street.

But in the less populated areas, where people can go about their business without treading too closely to the land, personal space, or rights of others, it seems understandable that they might view the idea of a distant referee as unnecessary. Again, kind of like a traffic cop, but now he’s standing in the middle of rural crossroads with only one car an hour coming his way.

I know that view is overly simplistic, but I think of it’s worth considering in the midst of the scrapes we’re seeing over health care reform; worth remembering, that the environments in which people live…for good or bad…may dramatically affect how they see your proposals. The point is, if you can learn the language of any place and its people, you have a better chance of successfully communicating.

Give me call and we can talk it over more. As you can see it’s a half-baked idea at best at this point, so I’d love your thoughts. The bottom line is east and west, north and south, we’re all Americans, but we really do see Washington differently sometimes. And the more you can appreciate the reasoning behind differing points of view, the more you may be able to find common ground.

Have a buffalo burger for me!

Regards,

Tom

Find more of the Foreman Letters here.

1. Joy

I live in a rural town 60 miles west of Atlanta. Almost all of the plants have closed here. I had my 1st job (not counting my mother's clothing store) when I was 12 years old and worked until i was almost 41. A single mother getting $25 a month child support, working for Sony Music (Columbia Records at the time I started) for almost 20 years in Customer Service. The last day I was able to work was August 15, 2000. I had my 3rd back surgery in December, 2000. On Aplril 3oth of this year I was finally approved for Social Security Disablity. I'm still waiting on the letter from the Judge. I lost my medical insurance in Novemeber, 2005. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January,2005 after losing both my parents in 2004, less than 3 months apart. My 1st mammogram they found something in my right breast and I needed to go back every 6 months for follow-up mammograms. I had to stop going after I lost my health insurance. I took out disabliity insurance while I was still at Sony and my back was getting worse. After this month they will take $733.00 from the check I get from them because I have been apporved for disabilty. My husband is a brick mason, making $18.00 an hour, when he has work. If there is no work, he doesn't get paid. We pay for my doctor visitsand all of my medications that we can afford. Some of them I can't take because they're too expensive. And I'm just so tired of worrying about how we're going to live. We had to start going to the food bank this year.. What are we supposed to do? I'm afraid all of the time.We don't even have the money to file bankruptcy. I stay so stressed out and my health is detiorating faster than I thought it would. I need a wheelchair. I can't sleep in our bed-we need a new mattress. And, actually we are some of the fortunate ones in this area. But I need more medical care than I can afford. I have a prescription that is about to be due that would ease some of my pain but it costs almost $80.00. And that's the generic. When are people like us, all over this country, going to get some help? And the people that are worse off than we are–when are they going to get some help? Some relief of worrying where the money is going to come from to pay that next bill? Or to get that next meal? What am I going to do if my cancer comes back? Just lay down and die? The government and the news media have no idea what is going on in rural areas across this country. I don't have money in the stock market anymore. We drive a 1988 truck that I can barely get in and out of.. Our home needs repairs. Our spirits need even more repair. Come to my town. Take a look around. It's actually a pretty little town with people trying to restore it to a semblance of it's former beauty. We have big, beautiful old houses, some of which have been repaired. Some are falling in. But come and see the people. See the people that are struggling every single day. And as we get older it is going to get even worse. We have no retirement. We have no savings. We live from paycheck to paycheck–when there is a paycheck. I will be 50 years old in a few months. My husband is 52. If we can't live now how will we live when we turn old enough to recieve Socical Security? Will there even be Social Security benefits then? I have a friend who is about to turn 65. She received a letter that her Social Security check is being cut $96.00. Does that make any sense to anyone? She will be trying to live on $645.00 a month. Could you live on that? Should anyone have to try to? I vote. I pay my taxes. I do what I'm supposed to do. Yet, here I sit wondering where the money is going to come from to pay that next bill or that bill that is already past due. It's not supposed to be this way. And the media only talks about the middle class or the wealthy. What middle class? There are millions and millions of us that are at or below the poverty level now. Talk about us. Tell us how to survive. Because to tell you the truth, we don't have any idea.

August 18, 2009 at 3:30 am |
  2. M. Smith

I am very disappointed that President Obama is backing away from the public option. The greed of insurance companies is largely responsible for the health care problem. When are we going to realize that health care, as a business does not serve the best interest of patients?

Those in the Senate and House that oppose the public option simply do not want to lose campaign contributions. They are not concerned with what is best for their constituents.

This aspect of government borders on criminality. Until we rid our government of Quid Pro Quo, constituent needs will never be met.

Greed, Greed, Greed!

August 17, 2009 at 12:33 pm |
  3. Joanne Pacicca

On the car radio during my commute this morning, I heard a long commercial for the New York State Dormitory Bond. In light of the fact that New York follows California in most governmental mandates, are we to assume these bonds will fail? I cannot imagine why advertising this offering is anything short of a red flage!

August 17, 2009 at 10:06 am |
  4. Obama's Mama

All you Liberal Sheep need to wake up..... Also, can one of you tell Anderson to stay away from Iraq .. They execuste Gays there ?

August 17, 2009 at 6:47 am |
  5. J.V.Hodgson

Hi Tom,
    Better than a lot of your other letters but I have a point.
    It's time to stop, and my guess is Obama is not reading a single one, irrespective of whether you have a point or not which in most cases it is beyond me what you expect from him.
    Frankly he is far to busy on more important matters than much of the drivel you are sending..... but it keeps you paid and employed so that's fine.
    Me I will not read any more but keep on trucking baby!!
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

August 17, 2009 at 5:14 am |
  6. Gilby-HI

The question is just how will Presidnet Stupidly act when he has to face the fact that this is our country. He works for us.

Next we have to take a better look at the 40+ former convict Czars that Stupidly has drawing up a new American civilition plan. Congress has no idea what they are doing they report only to Strupidly.

August 17, 2009 at 1:33 am |
  7. KIm

Hillary Clinton has the outline on health care and it was on a huge screen at the University Nevada and covered by New York Times. We'll find it and there is one !

August 17, 2009 at 12:18 am |
  8. KIm

Saddle up for Universial Health Care ! This is going to be one heck of a trail ride ! .Hope we don't get thrown off and hurt , cause nobody has health insurance. As John Wayne said in one of those old wild west movies,"move em in ,move em out little pilgrams." Round em up for Universial Health Care. We're in that 14,000 losing insurance a day crowd but in our two point position to take the jump for changes needed . Who's got the outline on the 1000 pages ? We should have read the 1000 pages in 1993 and reacted to solutions then.

August 16, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  9. Ashley Emerson Gilbert

Kind of you to pin this one up Anderson, and certainly Tom for your eloquent insight,

I am curious when the whole debate and division will subside so we can also begin to learn about the war in Afghanistan. Sadly, one of the far tougher months over there is coming to a close soon and we need to start talking about it...
    After you Tom, and you too Anderson.

Ashley Emerson Gilbert

August 16, 2009 at 11:12 pm |
  10. Terri New

Do away with medical insurance! Get them out of the picture. We do not need a middleman. We do not need a miss-managed health care system that is exorbitant in cost. We use the money we have been paying the insurance companies to finance and to create a new high quality health care system.

August 16, 2009 at 11:10 pm |
  11. Allen Morgan

ROCK MAIN STREET GO GREEN
    Mr., CIVIL SERVANT
    Suggestions for a Beta Program Now.
    I am a home owner in Corona California 92880 and the house was built in 1986.
    This residence is badly in need of a roof, windows, and air-conditioning system and other requirements to bring it up to the 21 century standards, as are many others in this area.
    The program I am suggesting would cost the government and tax payers nothing, but the government must utilize it's power and clout to initiate the following.
    I would recommend Corona California because it is mainly a low to middle income area and is located in Riverside County , one of the highest unemployment areas in California.
    This area also has a number of exceptionally talented free resources that can be utilized immediately. Cal State University at Fullerton Business department to handle all the financial aspects and by the way they have been working with the community and small businesses for over 30 years. Cal Poly Pomona Engineering Department to insure Quality and performance to meet the new Green Standards, pushing the limits of technology. The City of Corona Building Department for Code and safety enforcement and contractor licensing. Cal State Fullerton (Junior College), which has been building single resident high quality homes for years as construction consultants. This student training and hands on experience would set in motion a solid foundation for future cities immediately.
    Allow each individual home owner to select the amount of upgrading they desire
    • Roofing
    • Appliances
    • Windows
    • Doors
    • Electrical
    • Plumbing
    This would require that each individual residence be given a complete evaluation report, with the ultimate goal to cut energy consumption and possibly utilize solar power. This would be the spark that is needed to drive technology forward, with the leading manufacturer of aerospace composite materials Cytec Engineered Materials located in Anaheim California and some very large roofing product manufacturers located in Fontana and Corona California. These roofing manufacturers are on the verge of dying and need new technology and help.
    The government is holding the clout when it comes to purchasing power, and visualize what the cost saving on a thousand high efficiency hot water heaters could be versus an individual home owner buying one unit 30 to 40% savings minimum.
    The government has the power to influence the mortgage companies and lenders to immediately accept these green improvements at low interest rate of 3 to 4 percent, with either a loan modification of existing loan or a new improvement loan. Allow lenders to borrow from the federal government at special rates in support of this program. This would greatly improve the overall value of the lenders asset at the same time.
    The politicians need to open their eyes and see the damage that I have experience as a small business owner in the trenches. LASCO BATH PRODUCTS Anaheim California employed approximately 3000 people and now the plant is idle, no production. ABC WINDOWS Ontario California employed approximately 400 people now closed and the list goes on. This nightmare must be addressed now. I realize the 786 billion stimulus has money for weatherization for each state and it is not working period. This is why a BETA PROGRAM MUST BE STARTED IMMEDIATLY. Fine tuning and adjustment of a new concept would be required, but to do nothing would be a crime against MAIN STREET. Let's move forward with the RE-EMPLOYMENT ACT OF 2009
    Allen Morgan
    714 343-0136
    E:mail allen@tsiprotherm.com

PS: The authors back ground is not writing, but I have 30 years experience in industrial heating controls and monitoring systems. This included design and trouble shooting for a 1000 different types of manufacturing, both simple and outdated and high tech pushing the limits of technology.
    We must light the fire of motivation and drive to re-energize high end manufacturing standard through all aspects of go green with residential housing and light weight composites would be a great start.

August 16, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  12. Dale West

Our lives work to the degree we are honest with ourselves and with others. If after all this "debate" the country retains a broken healthcare system that bankrupts the country, then maybe we deserve it. Those that see wrong and remain silent are as culpable as the wrongdoer.

August 16, 2009 at 9:55 pm |
  13. Julie

The fact is that health insurance companies have greedily reaped in profits while denying care to Americans that faithfully pay their premiums. That's theft.

A national health insurance plan, administered by our government, will probably put many of these greedy companies out of business. When we finally have national health insurance, doctors will be free to do what they went to school for: heal patients.

August 16, 2009 at 9:48 pm |
  14. Ruby (Fuk Ying) Wong

Hello Tom Foreman,

I would like you to forward this page of document to Anderson Cooper because I have very important things to tell him and thank you very much:

Hi Anderson, I noticed that you looked sick in the CNN. Chinese Spirits from China and God told me that you did not come to my house last night because of the silk white dress I returned on 8/12. I was told that you tried to resolve this refund problem by exchanging favor. Oh, no. China, Italy and leader of America had tricked you into doing something we both don't like.

Don't believe anybody who tries to represent me because he/she/they tend(s) to trick you. I wish that I had told you that I was going to write and complain to the president of my credit card company. Please don't worry; I would not loose sleep over it.

I am deeply moved by your interaction and involvement. I thank you for the check you gave me but China stole all the checks you gave me including other checks also. China is extremely selfish and greedy.
    For example, she has so much trade surplus money that she can help Taiwan's recent flood disaster but she chosed not to and turned to the United States of America for help. China only likes to gain profit and not loosing any money. God said that He will make China to repay all the money she owes me including interests.

If you still feel sick, you can see a good doctor and get all the rest you need. God will help you but He doesn't want the Chinese Spirits and Italian Spirits and all the other bad spirits and demons to watch Him helping you because they are the bad guysy; He will heal you when the bad spirits and demons are not watching. Please be careful not to fall for another trick. Before you act next time, call me at home or my cell phone. I don't have your phone number because China stole it.

I always like to see you during the day and/or night; I haven't changed. I can't stay outside too long because I want to see you on the television. I told other people in the book store that I don't want the leader of America/the world to see me in the middle of the night. I also said that he listens to China too much and that's why a lot of people are sick and dead. Please stay in touch with me through my e-mail or the telephone; the e-mail is rubywong@cox.net and the phone numbers are (757) 340-3564 and (757) 285-7292.

It is okay to let my separated spouse know your existence because he used to say that if I can find someone who loves me more than he loves me, he will let go of me. He has been cooperating with me and my divorce hearing will be on 8/24/2009. Well, I am done and I will watch you on Monday 10 p.m. at CNN. Bye.

Love,
    Ruby (Fuk Ying)

August 16, 2009 at 9:40 pm |
  15. Lori

Tom, I think that the people in the west have been around the block a few times and now have issues with government paying benefits to those who do not pay income taxes. As a professional city planner and environmental planner, I have to say that there is no other state in the US where Federal policies and standards are implemented more strictly than they are in California. As a matter of fact, our standards are in many instances higher than Federal Standards.

August 16, 2009 at 8:05 pm |
  16. alex lyrics

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

People need to stop crying and let the bill pass, change it and modify it later.
    But stop cring over milk that hasn't even spilled.

GO Obama, "Just do it"

August 16, 2009 at 7:28 pm |
  17. lee

Here comes the orator! With his flood of words, and his drop of reason.
    Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1735

August 16, 2009 at 6:33 pm |
  18. annmarie

hi anderson, i feel the president out selling health care seems like we have more important things than health care. somehow unpresidential. if he is going to do this he needs to be more informative with exact clear answers to the questions.
    i think our worries are afghanastan, north korea and the drug problem in in mexico and mostly all the homeless in our country lets deal with so many problems besides health care

August 16, 2009 at 6:17 pm |
  19. Roger D Smart, PO1, USN, Retired (Georgia)

Who does he think he's fooling? He still thinks the American people are very stupid and won't do anything to stop our President or our Congress! He is going to be stopped in his tracks. I am glad to see the American people stand up for what is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It doesn't matter if you are a Democrat or a Republican, RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WRONG IS WRONG. Our government is trying to make us swallow a bad taste and doesn't care what the outcome is. America, please stand up and voice your correct opinion on our government. Remember, they are not the PEOPLE, WE ARE.

August 16, 2009 at 6:13 pm |
  20. tran

most of my colleages and I supported the health reform of president Obama. We are all healthcare providers. I don't really understand why we have to care about those private insurance companies may run out of business in the future if health care reform succeed and don't care about the health of the public who can't afford the cost of insurance.

August 16, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  21. G. Amponsah

Thanks for people like you who educate the public truthfully about this healthcare issue.

Please refer your readers to the article “MEDICAL TOURISM TAKES OFF” by National Geographic Traveler Magazine May/June 2009 issue Page 10-14.

“When Melvin Jacobs, a 58-year old home inspector, learned he had an aortic aneurysm, his local hospital in Michigan told him it would cost $450,000 to repair it. Like 45 million Americans, Jacobs had no health insurance, and couldn’t afford the surgery. “the hospital said they would pay for the surgery if it were an emergency, but in an emergency, the aneurysm would burst and l’d be dead,” says Jacobs. The he discovered Healthbase, a medical tourism facilitator, which informed him he could have the same surgery performed at a modern hospital in India for about $9,000. Even after adding in the cost of airline tickets, the total was still a fraction of what the US hospital was costing.

Please read the full article, and send a copy to the white house. There are several stories like this in the nation. When I hear people talking about we have the best medical care in the world it makes me cringe. What is the sense of having the best medical care in the world when people cannot even afford it?

Thanks for listening,

August 16, 2009 at 2:47 pm |
  22. Howard Flysher

You never challenge any person about picking your own doctor, Most HMO force u to use their doctors. Also you never force people to answer the question you pose to them. That what I call a real reporter don't you?
    And lastly you never ask if they are supported by the Health Care Insurance industry. Whether by donations of affiliation.
    And lastly if public health care is so bad then why don't those oppose to sign a contract to never take medicare in their lifetime!

August 16, 2009 at 12:57 pm |
  23. J

As I said before, about 10 years ago we had a huge change in the way health care billing was done. Take a look at the changes. What worked well before the change, what would work better now. We already have the programs in place, more or less, we just need to broaden the spectrum of coverage. Then the standard of living in our country would be so much better. Right now people are so under-insured and the insurance companies are telling us what they will cover, it is impossible to get good care for basic, simple procedures.
    This is true for everyone. From the poorest to the richest person in the United States. One form for all companies, one way to fill it out, bundled procedure codes, forward it to secondary insurance companies from the first company. This would eliminate the major cost of insurance billing and collecting headaches for everyone. We have programs in place. Don't make them so hard to use that people that are very ill can't figure out how to use them. HELP US.

August 16, 2009 at 12:56 pm |
  24. Charles Menk

Dear Sir,

Will members of congress and the white house be subject to the new health care rules and regulations and insurance provisions in the health care bill.

August 16, 2009 at 12:52 pm |
  25. Cheryl Younger

How can you say you are keeping them honest? You have TWO republican Doctors and ONE Nurse. AND you let her have one comment.Then a Blue dog Democrat. Where is the debate in that?????

How can you possibily sleep at night, knowing you have so distorted Journalism, the 4th estate. Are you a Socio-path, these is not honest and fair reporting.

August 16, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  26. Kate Casey

I was listening to Meet the Press and it seems to me that no one is answering the question "How are we going to pay for the health care plan? Are our taxes going to go up?" To me it seems very logical to answer in this way: How much do you pay for your current health care? How much does your company, if you are lucky enough to have a health care plan through work, pay? Do you know how much it costs if you do not have a subsidized plan through employment? How much do you think you will be paying in five years if we do nothing? Blue Cross is raising their rates 17% this year, which is the 3rd year in a row they have raised it double digits. The rest of the private care companies are doing the same. NOW, I DO NOT CARE IF MY TAXES GO UP 10% TO PAY FOR A PUBLIC OR SINGLE PAYER PLAN. I DO KNOW THAT I CANNOT AFFORD THE $600 PLUS THAT THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME NOW. I GET $985 SOCIAL SECURITY (62 YEARS OLD) AND THAT IS THE AMOUNT I WOULD BE CHARGED, IF THEY WOULD EVEN TAKE ME. THIS IS WITH A $2000 DEDUCTIBLE. These people (the public and the politicians) cannot seem to grasp the idea or explain that we are paying way more of our wages than the taxes would go up. Maybe if we all made the money the politicians do it wouldn't be so bad to stay with the private insurance but most of us do not. My daughter, a teacher in Spokane, WA, pays $600 out of pocket and the school or state pays the additional $600 plus for her, her two small children and her husband. How much do the politicians pay? Who pays for them? Oh, it must be the taxpayers. I WILL GUARANTEE THE PUBLIC OR BETTER YET THE SINGLE-PAYER PLAN WILL COST LESS THAN ANY TAX INCREASE.

AS FAR AS NOT WANTING THE GOVERNMENT TELLING YOU WHAT IS COVERED ON THEIR PLAN THESE PEOPLE DO NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANIES DO THAT NOW. I WAS NOT ABLE TO GET A MAMMOGRAM BECAUSE SOME IDIOT DENIED IT AS IT HADN'T BEEN 2 YEARS SINCE MY LAST ONE, EVEN THOUGH I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS. THIS NEVER HAPPENED TO MY MOTHER WHO WAS ON MEDICARE. THE PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE SO MANY EXCLUSIONS. ALL I CAN SAY IS "WAKE UP." I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE THAT GETS IT.

August 16, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  27. Jacquelyn

Modern medicine is still in the dark ages. I don't want to hand myself over to something so inadequate. I don't want yearly mammograms and I don't ever want a colonoscopy. I want to die a natural death like all of my previous ancestors enjoyed. I don't want my healthcare tests and procedures mandated. A friend of mine had a masectomy that turned out to be unnecessary.

August 16, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  28. concerned

If you realy want to help people understand,why don't you get a group to read and rely (not interpret or give their interp,but the fax)? This would allow/instill more trust and better understanding.

August 16, 2009 at 11:52 am |
  29. Patricia Traver

On State of the Union Sunday, Mary Matilyn stated the more they state Republicans are "liars, the more they know we are telling the truth", and yet one minute earlier her retoric was that Democrats are lying. Also she states that if the government provides a heath care benefit the private sector nsurance industry will suffer, and people will lose their choice to obtain good private sector insurance. Then 90 seconds later, after listening to a tape of the President comparing UPS/FedEx and the Postal office, she states this as proof that the government cannot provide a good system to comptete with the private sector.
    This is why we cannot get anywhere. Talking heads who profess to be experts are constantly providing double speak - simply trying to market a single party choice instead of bringing a solution to the table they choose to use this opportunity to try and bring down one party.

August 16, 2009 at 11:38 am |
  30. RLWellman

Congressmen and Senators get back to work and let's get a Health Care Reform Bill that is not operated by you guys. We do not believe you are able or qualified to do so.

Do you need any references? Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, VA Hospitals, the Post Office, do any of these ring a bell? Your past references prove you are not qualified to run another program.

What can you do? You can help lower the existing Health Care costs that we have today. You can help with the costs of prescription drugs. There are things you can do and are good at it. However, running multi million, billion, and trillion dollar programs is not your forte!

August 16, 2009 at 11:24 am |
  31. Jay

You knw wht? This really opened my eyes. Don't really read ur blog but read this one and it makes a lot, I mean A LOT, of sense. Where I used ti see the uninformed as just ignorant people not worth reasoning wth now I see thm as people who just live different lives than me. And tht does mattr when we r makng decisions. THANK GOD 4 tht enlighnmnt and thank U

August 16, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  32. Joe A

Mr. Obama is starting to show that his lack of experience for the office he holds and people are waking up to the realization that he is in fact trying to pull the wool over our eyes and provide us with socialized/rationed health care. The document clearly states that the government will decide end of life care, will assist doctors in making decisions and will • Page 30, line 23 — There will be a government committee that decides what treatments you get. This bill is all about control and this President has shown he wants to control EVERYTHING; Auto's Wall Street, Pay, everything. The language of this bill is certainly ambiguous and given it is open to interpretation, once we let the government in, they will do what they want because the language of the bill will allow them to define it how they want – regardless of what Mr. Obama is trying to sell us in his road trips!

August 16, 2009 at 10:30 am |
  33. Adan Burnett

Anderson, I don't know if this has been talk about yet ,What about approving the presidents' plan but a name a committee"Revolving Insurance Plan".

The committee will meet yearly to "Improve" changes for the betterment for the uninsured, poor, and the elderly.

This committee should consists of Doctors, Pharmancy Co., Insurance Companies, Dems and Reps, and consumers groups.

I am pretty sure there is a committee already exist which need more vocal presence,i.e. be more positive than negatives bias( partisans)
    issues. This committee sure have one goal " For Humanity". Adan

August 16, 2009 at 9:47 am |
  34. Adebukola

The President has the responsibility of making sure that legislation enacted by Congress is best for all Americans. Even Americans who call him a nazi or other names he is the President of all. That is why I trust and respect him so, because he so gets it!

August 16, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  35. Jose C.

Wow, now you are giving advise to our president. Maybe, this is why CNN has been quickly sinking in the ratings??? There should not be any bias in the news, however, realisticly, most of the reporters on CNN are Pro-Obama. You are a reporter and you should not take sides. Reporters are supposed to report and let the people decide. Please Mr. Anderson, only report and let us listeners, readers and viewers decide. I believe there is still one reporter that is un-bias, that is Don Lemon. I have been watching his shows and I can NOT figure out if he is Pro-Obama?? I really like this guy, he will be a great reporter someday. Everyone should learn a lesson from his style of reporting.

August 16, 2009 at 9:20 am |