July 29th, 2009

Paris Was Screaming ‘Daddy, Daddy’

Kai Chase
For Larry King Live Blog

Editor's Note: Celebrity chef Kai Chase was Michael Jackson’s personal chef at the time of his death. She was working in his home the day he died. Below are her chilling memories of the events that day. Kai will be Larry’s guest Thursday night.

The Jackson home was a very loving environment. I worked there on and off since March as Mr. Jackson’s personal chef. In that time, I got to know the kids well. We bonded immediately. They are wonderful children — loving, giving, caring and very close as siblings go. You would never know their dad was one of the most famous people on Earth.

Mr. Jackson was a great father. He was lenient in the evenings. He loved to let them stay up late, watch movies, and eat popcorn at night; but the days were fairly regimented.

Keep reading...

Filed under: 360° Radar • Larry King • Michael Jackson
  1. MJwho?

Who cares? Can we please cover important news and leave Michael Jackson and his drama to the amateurs like E or TMZ?

July 30, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  2. Michele Irwin

Everyone should remember that there are three children. You don't choose your life as a child and unfortunately they lost there dad, the biggest star on the planet. We should all have some compassion and respect there privacy. He was Michael Jackson to us, but daddy to them. This will impact them for the rest of there life. Just leave them alone.

July 30, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  3. manager201

I meant dermotologist!

July 30, 2009 at 7:51 am |
  4. manager201

Have we all forgotten about the Larry King Interview with the Doctor who looked like The Devil Arnie Kein who admitted to Demerol and the pictures of Jackson leaving his office. I would not prosecute the Doctor
    who Tagged him in the end how about the one who got him in that position, Why did Arnie Klein and Staff travel with him. He is a F–ing Dermotologat not a Heart doctor. Check that out.

July 30, 2009 at 7:49 am |
  5. Kemi

Interesting read, but my question is: what happened in Michael's room between 10am, when the doctor would have come to the kitchen for Michael's breakfast and 12noon when he came downstairs screaming?

July 30, 2009 at 2:33 am |
  6. SandraWI

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sad about Michaels death, it seems like it could have been avoided. I'm praying for his children.

July 30, 2009 at 1:10 am |
  7. carol kesling

very,very sad this whole thing. iwish the jackson children some peace after we find out what caused this tragic death... the world of music will NEVER be the same!!!!!!! i will miss him terribly... god bless him,he is a angel now... hopefully at peace finally..

July 30, 2009 at 12:03 am |
  8. alexlyrics

I listened to a news anchor talk highly of Michael Jackson, the same news anchor who called him "WACKO JACKO" . I know that must have hurt him allot to have people calling him that, as sensitive as he was.
    I must say that I live that Hollywood lifestyle, and I have had to pay to get an unwanted date out of my home before who threatened allegations.
    If it appears that you have money, people in California will say and do anything to gain money and power from you. Michael Jackson would take people in and on as friends, like we all do with the exception, that he had millions of dollars at his fingertips.
    Having that type of money, and kicking people out of your life, or distancing yourself from people, after they have gotten a taste of that lifestyle will cause anyone, parents, children alike to say and do the most hurtful things to a persons character.
    I honestly thought that Michael could have been guilty of crimes against children when the second case came forth. However after seeing the evidence, and the fact that the mother married a cop, and had sued wall mart, and other slip and falls, there was a doubt in my mind, having lived in Hollywood.
    The most powerful and compelling thing that made me believe without a doubt Michael Jackson was innocent, was the Psychiatrist who lived next door and knew him almost his entire life. She said that Michael Jackson was weird, and had lots of problems, but he was far from a pedophile. She also said Latoya babysat her children, and she trusted the family with her children.
    This to me coming from a doctor was the most compelling story of all the stories around the time of Michael’s death.
    It is not a surprise that Michael Jackson made a great father he loved children. I remember all the claims of abuse at times when Michael, was not even at the ranch, but on tour, at the times when parents were claiming their children were abused.
    I remember the crazy girl, Billy Jean King, the woman who sued and claimed to be the Billy Jean Michael talked about in his song.
    I almost burned my house down cooking when i heard that TMZ was reporting Michael Jackins death. I ran out of my Hollywood hills home, which is only a few miles down the road a few miles from Michaels home.
    I completely forgot i was cooking as i headed to UCLA hospital, I have never in my life seen such a crowed of reporters or people, from the house, to the star on Hollywood Blv, to his parrents home to his homes, or at the hospital. Michael Jackson was by far the most famous person on earth. The news vans we from all over the world, the vans camped out at every location for two weeks str8.
    I wanted to cry, because my childhood hero had died, but yet the only thing I could think of was that he was at peace from pain, embarrassment, lies, hate mean ness, and false allegations. Michael would never again be in the company of false friends, or people who wished to do him harm. I thought how relieved he must have been to finally be free of that stress.
    That last trial and the reactions of many, like Kat Williams mean comedy about Michael must have really killed him. I am sure he was a great father, he loved children, and he fed them, provided a playground for many sick children. I could se the guilt in many reporters eyes, who once meant Michael harm, and said hateful mean things about him. I to this day, unlike OJ., truly believe Michael was not a pedophile.
    I hope that the guilt of his death, one day brings those accusers the courage enough to admit that Michael was innocent, and never molested them. This to me would be great to relieve the pain on his family, and on his children’s future. God rest Michael Jackson’s soul. We love him.

July 29, 2009 at 11:46 pm |