July 14th, 2009
  1. Angel Picon

Dear Anderson,

I just watched your segment about our President visiting Africa.
    I could not help but to think and imagine how it could have been to our African brothers and sisters being inside those rooms- just waiting to die. As you leaned down and the camera zoomed towards the floor, and see the prints left by many of those who tried to desperately escape from that dungeon We mustn’t allow for these injustices occurred again. I shed a tear and felt the pain of those of our ancestors. I am a naturalized American citizen born in Mexico.

Thank you for covering this- sometimes I feel that we are not remind of the many pains peoples from all over the world have gone thru when coming to the United States

July 15, 2009 at 2:34 am |
  2. Lance

I love the special, also what Obama is doing here and abroad. No matter what I would not want to be in his shoes, he is working with what he got, Keep doing great things, AC 360,

July 14, 2009 at 11:30 pm |
  3. Martha B.

i hope tonites show will show the entire visit and not just the interview at the cape coast castle.

July 14, 2009 at 1:46 pm |
  4. http://twistedpride.com

I have to admit, I don't watch the news very often because of the content. I firmly believe that hearing bad news at the start of ones day can effect your mood. When I hear about children losing their parents and another soldier being killed, I am sick for the rest of the day. I also believe that we must stay informed about the world in which we live in, so I allow myself 1 hour each night to watch CNN.
    I chose Anderson Cooper to be the segment I watch, because of his dedication to the truth.
    Thank you Anderson and thank you CNN, for letting him shine.
    Tony

July 14, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  5. Tony, Fort Worth, TX

As someone who was born in Africa and now an American, I am very glad that the last 3 presidents have done so much to uplift Africans. President Clinton visited a few countries in Africa and has done so much to empower Africans with his Clinton Global Initiative.

President Bush (despite philosophical differences) has done a lot to save thousands of lives and Africans are very grateful for his contribution to health care in Africa especially in the area of AIDS prevention and treatment.

I am happy President Obama has continued on this path and we are very proud to have him as president.

July 14, 2009 at 12:16 pm |
  6. Isabel • Brazil ♦

Anderson,
    You’re much better in this interview with the President than the first time. You seem more secure, more focused on questions. And the President seems more discontraído!

I am excited by the continued today.

Congratulations and thank you!

July 14, 2009 at 12:13 pm |
  7. dorothy

It should be a honor for our country to have a president that is welcomed by other world leaders out of respect, not fear.

July 14, 2009 at 11:00 am |