July 6th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 7/6/09

Tonight on 360°, gearing up for Michael Jackson's memorial service tomorrow at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Sarah Palin's surprise resignation and the manhunt for the serial killer in South Carolina.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. David, Indiana

I'm glad she set the squirrel free. Happy ending for that part of the story.

Goodnight Isabel, good night everyone

July 6, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

AC360 got the Bubbles the Chimp scoop and now the scoop on the Baby Squirrel in the Lady's bosom! Thanks for the laugh. I needed one! Well, at least the baby squirrel is healed and healthy. Thank goodness

Have a good evening everyone!

July 6, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Tammy, Houma, LA

Paul Harvey always said there was "the rest of the story". Too much info on squirrel rehab, though. Good night all.

July 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Janet

"'Cause that's how we roll" lol
    Anderson and Erica you guys are the best!!

July 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, Anderson
    Good night, friends, David (Indiana), bloggers, 360 team, everyone!

Tomorrow will be very sad and exciting... See you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

July 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Lori from IL

Good night all –

In my opinion - Amber needs to buy some clothes that fit and quit worrying about the squirrel!

July 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Ahhh, a squirrely sstory for a squirrel lady. NUTS!

July 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, Anderson
    Good night, friends, David (Indiana), bloggers, 360 team, everyone!

Tomorrow will be very sad and exciting!

PS. Naissa, I don’t understand why in LA AC’s mustache is always more visible …. lol …

July 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Sharon

hi! from Halifax, Massachusetts! Julio I would start over to the staples center now! that is going to be mayhem! God Bless MJ!!

July 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Ed Henry and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! :D
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with squirrel in blouse!!!!!!! Ewww!!!!!!! Not good idea!!!LOL!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! :D

July 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. starr formerly known as vincent

Thank you Anderson, Erica, David G. & Team 360 for a diversified show. Good night to you also.
    Good nigh fellow bloggers, i really enjoy our chats so much and i always learns something from you.

We pray that no one gets hurt or injured in LA tomorrow as we know so many, many people will be there. And we hope LA gets some donated money for this extravaganza.

July 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Nancy

Dame Elizabeth is the most beautiful movie star of all.

July 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Dulcie - Denver

Hey, great shout out for the Sci Fi channel!

Ha! One of my other favorite channels. I know, I know, I'm a geek, I can't help it.

July 6, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Sandra Robertson, GA

Poor squirrel. He looked kind of limp. I think she was obstructing his airway.

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. stan

@Julio....Leave as early as possible. Parking is going to be a beast.

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Christine Moline

Anderson i love your show and your awesome! Thank you for covering everything from a-z you have a passion for giving the people what they want your the only investigative journalist worth watching! Kudos to you!

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Mary Bettis

I just wanted to say thank you CNN for all you coverages on Michael Jackson, you've given the world alot of information, things we new and did'nt know. Please keep up the work

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Tammy, Houma, LA

I think Elizabeth Taylor has given the classiest and most respectful response of all to this debacle being made of her friend's life. I guess he had a true friend after all.

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Holliston

Re: the woman and the critter in her shirt...I now have a fear of squirrels. Thanks CNN.

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  21. Donna

Good evening Anderson. Hope you a nice 4th of the July. AZ loves you. I thought MJ on saw two doctors. One that prescribes meds and the other to give advice. Thanks

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  22. Gloria, Brooklyn, NY

Good night everyone! So sad!

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  23. Andrea

Will CNN be re-broadcasting the memorial service in prime time? I have to work, and will not be able to watch all of it. I won't be gettting home until 12noon PT. How long is the service expected to last??

July 6, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  24. David, Indiana

@Isabel, Medical Board...5 doctors working together shld give better care?

Having competent executors for his estate ensure that his family and loved ones are well provided for. That's important.

It didn't hit me until after I heard the press conf, Obama and Medvedev, but felt like a warming in US-Russian relations.

July 6, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Cynthia, NC

So sad about Steve McNair's death. I got to see him play a few years ago in Charlotte against the Panthers. He was a great quarterback.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

July 6, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  26. Diana Roberts

I thought it was very interesting to say the least that the first thing that Katherine Jackson did was to call the caretaker for the kids and ask
    where the money in the house was... and that she wanted to come and pick it up!

Sad! Even Mom is money hungry!

July 6, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  27. Raymonde

Hello Anderson. Can't get enough of your shows on Michael Jackson. They're great. He deserves the coverage. Looking forward to your upcoming shows on 'Who killed Michael Jackson. Thank you.

July 6, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Cheryl K. Sask Canada

Looking forward to the coverage of the memorial tomorrow.

Dame Elizabeth does tweet and always has very nice comments. A nice lady to follow.

July 6, 2009 at 10:55 pm |