June 18th, 2009

Video: Refugees aren't numbers

Program Note: Tune in tonight for special coverage of World Refugee Day, and an interview with Angelina Jolie tonight at 10 p.m. ET. And learn more about how you can help by visiting Impact Your World.

Filed under: 360° Radar • Angelina Jolie • Impact Your World
  1. Test

This is a really important issue and thanks to people like Angelina Jolie, its highlightned.
    Thanks to all the people who worked on the field.

June 19, 2009 at 10:22 am |
  2. Karen

When did Angelina Jolie get all religious on helping refugees?

UNHCR goodwill Ambassador? Please.

Mother Teresa was a 100 times better than her and she lived with the needy. Angelina is a fraud. Unless she actually live with them, cares for them for months and years like Mother Teresa, she will be nothing more than a big PR stunt.

Bill gates and arren Buffet have done more, you don't see them braging about like Angelina Jolie, Bradd Pitt, George Clonney, other BS celebrties.

June 18, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  3. Annie Kate

Jolie hits the nail squarely on the head when she describes refugees as survivors. Our country was founded by refugees – coming here to have land, religious freedom, and a chance to start over and carve out a better life for themselves. Refugees made our country and made it strong – the current refugees – the doctors, teachers, mothers, fathers, children, etc that Jolie describes – will be an asset to whatever country they finally settle in. Having lost everything once they will be able to prize what is important in real terms all the more and will be able to help the future refugees from climate change, etc. We must help them now because they may be our help later.

June 18, 2009 at 9:23 pm |
  4. Gene

Tell me, why in the world does CNN care what somebody from Hollyweird (Angelina Jolie) thinks about anything. Can CNN (along with other news programs) separate themselves from celebrities and stick to reporting NEWS from people in the world that matter. I know I could care less what Ms. Jolie thinks about anything. Like her, I have lots of opinions on a wide range of subjects. I don't see CNN at my door asking me for input. Why does CNN care what Angelina thinks? Why should she get airtime and not me?

June 18, 2009 at 7:44 pm |
  5. Sharon Dunten

Embedded Jolie's message on my website...SurvivingTimes.com. She firmly understands what it means for refugees to be called survivors. I also agree that the world will be facing mass migration in the future. For many of our ancestors, they came to the U.S. in a mass migration either through their own will or through force. Facing economic crisis, religious persecution or political asylum, America has always welcomed refugees and supported those who have lost their homes or homelands.

June 18, 2009 at 6:03 pm |
  6. c,ca

Gag me.

She uses this for publicity.

June 18, 2009 at 5:39 pm |